Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC previews & predictions

On 7/16/2023 at 11:22 AM, DACNUT88 said:

I’m sorry but you really think Andrean is dominate? Then you didn’t see how bad they were smashed by merrillville and crown point recently. 

valpo I have no argument for except coaching cost merrillville in the regional last year. Why would you move your most effective weapon from RB to WR for the first time all year (Justin Marshall) he started the first drive at RB then I’m not sure he ran the ball much after that. They rotated in like 4-5 others at RB and moved Marshall to slot. 

Westfield well that’s a whole different story. The 2nd game westfield smacked them. That 1st game… at merrillville. Is questionable. With a ref being out of position at the end of the 1st half. It went from a potential merrillville 8 point lead. To a Westfield 6 point lead and then Westfield struck on the 1st drive of 2nd to make it a 2 possession game. 

but who am I. I’m just a fan. And everyone knows jojo Johnson catch was 3 feet down in end zone but it was called incomplete and that he was out the back of end zone. 🤷🏽‍♂️ not saying Merrillville wins game 1 but the game is called alt differently when you have a lead than being 2 possessions behind 

I was there that night. The back judge got one wrong on a bang-bang play on the end line. But Westfield was by far the better team that night.

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

I was there that night. The back judge got one wrong on a bang-bang play on the end line. But Westfield was by far the better team that night.

The horrible call took a TD off the board for Merrillville. Westfield then took the ball on downs and scored against a pretty deflated Merrillville defense. Take away that swing and it’s 34-30. Hardly what I’d call “by far the better team”. Would the correct call have made a difference had the game theoretically played out? Well we don’t know, since a touchdown everyone watching could obviously see wasn’t called by the one guy who needed to see it. Should Merrillville have responded better to the bad call? Sure, but it shouldn’t be surprising that a call that bad took the wind out of the sails of a bunch of teenagers. “Bang-bang” maybe, but hard to claim that when only one guy couldn’t see it as a TD when it happened. 

Edited by scarab527

27 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

The horrible call took a TD off the board for Merrillville.

What is the difference between a “horrible” call and one that is merely “wrong?” I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored. The back judge let a D1 player run by him, so he was in a poor position to make a call on the end line. He got it wrong. And I stand by my statement that Westfield was the obviously superior team that night. That TD might have made a difference in the score, but the outcome wasn’t in doubt in the 2nd half.

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

What is the difference between a “horrible” call and one that is merely “wrong?” I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored. The back judge let a D1 player run by him, so he was in a poor position to make a call on the end line. He got it wrong. And I stand by my statement that Westfield was the obviously superior team that night. That TD might have made a difference in the score, but the outcome wasn’t in doubt in the 2nd half.

Merrillville literally was going to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter on that touchdown Bob. It was 20-16 Westfield at the time. So there goes “the outcome wasn’t in doubt in the second half”. Instead of 23-20 after the swing from the call it was 27-16. Even if you said Westfield would’ve scored on their next possession anyway, 27-23 is a lot better of a hole to be in at that stage of the game. Everyone on this message board that night (except for you, ironically enough) agreed that the call was really bad and altered the rest of the game. You were asked point blank on that game thread that night was the call missed and didn’t answer and instead deflected. I rest my case. 

Edited by scarab527

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

Merrillville literally was going to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter on that touchdown Bob.

The call in the back of the end zone was in the 2nd quarter with the score 7-7. It ended up 41-23. 

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

I suppose the 8 false starts Merrillville had in the first half were bad calls, too. 😆🤣😂

You were asked point blank whether the call was missed and didn’t even have the little courage needed to answer it. You should be embarrassed. 

5 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

You were asked point blank whether the call was missed and didn’t even have the little courage needed to answer it. You should be embarrassed. 

This is what I said:

“The back judge let a D1 player run by him, so he was in a poor position to make a call on the end line. He got it wrong.”

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

This is what I said:

“The back judge let a D1 player run by him, so he was in a poor position to make a call on the end line. He got it wrong.”

In your opinion, why was Westfield "far better" than Merrillville. Just by reading this thread, it appears that if Merrillville scores that touchdown, then we're talking about a 41-30 or a 34-30 football game. That doesn't sound "far better" to me. I didn't see them game at all, but it does appear that that blown call may have made an impact. Scarab makes a good point about a team getting down the field and coming away with nothing, then playing deflated............happens all the time. Just wondering from your perspective what made the Rocks far better. 

31 minutes ago, BTF said:

In your opinion, why was Westfield "far better" than Merrillville. Just by reading this thread, it appears that if Merrillville scores that touchdown, then we're talking about a 41-30 or a 34-30 football game. That doesn't sound "far better" to me. I didn't see them game at all, but it does appear that that blown call may have made an impact. Scarab makes a good point about a team getting down the field and coming away with nothing, then playing deflated............happens all the time. Just wondering from your perspective what made the Rocks far better. 

Far better organized and disciplined, which translated to superior execution. Check the penalty and turnover stats. For example, Merrillville had 8 pre-snap penalties … in the first half.

If Merrillville gets the TD on the wrong call in the end zone, they would have led 14-7 … in the second period. The outcome would have been the same.

Edited by Bobref

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Far better organized and disciplined, which translated to superior execution. Check the penalty and turnover stats. For example, Merrillville had 8 pre-snap penalties … in the first half.

If Merrillville gets the TD on the wrong call in the end zone, they would have led 14-7 … in the second period. The outcome would have been the same.

Going up 14-7 is a pretty good momentum swing. I have no dog in the fight. That could have made a big difference. Discipline normally wins in the end. But it does sound like Merrillville had the talent to get it one. Coulda would shoulda. Westfield will always go down as the better team on paper. 

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

Going up 14-7 is a pretty good momentum swing. I have no dog in the fight. That could have made a big difference. Discipline normally wins in the end. But it does sound like Merrillville had the talent to get it one. Coulda would shoulda. Westfield will always go down as the better team on paper. 

Of course it would’ve made a difference. But don’t worry, Bob will say whatever he needs to justify horrible officiating in his own mind. He was asked point blank on that thread that night whether the call was missed and deflected and didn’t answer. Pretty cowardly, but a pattern. 

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

Westfield will always go down as the better team on paper. 

Is there anyone who thinks Merrillville was the better team on the field that night? I haven’t heard anyone say that. The final margin saw the team that had the multi-hour road trip win by 18 pts. I saw both teams multiple times that season. 18 pts. seems about right.

3 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Of course it would’ve made a difference. But don’t worry, Bob will say whatever he needs to justify horrible officiating in his own mind. He was asked point blank on that thread that night whether the call was missed and deflected and didn’t answer. Pretty cowardly, but a pattern. 

Since I was on the Merrillville sideline, and not in the end zone, I didn’t see the play well enough to express an opinion at that time. I don’t like to express an opinion without having facts to justify it … unlike a few others on this thread. After I saw the Hudl video, I freely conceded it was the wrong call. Glad that it turned out to be meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

One man’s “cowardice” is a more thoughtful man’s “prudence.”

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Since I was on the Merrillville sideline, and not in the end zone, I didn’t see the play well enough to express an opinion at that time. I don’t like to express an opinion without having facts to justify it … unlike a few others on this thread. After I saw the Hudl video, I freely conceded it was the wrong call. Glad that it turned out to be meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

One man’s “cowardice” is a more thoughtful man’s “prudence.”

More flimsy excuses to justify people being bad at their job. 

I hope the IHSAA pays you for this, otherwise it’s really just pathetic and bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Lmao I’ve been here for years, if you’re trying to suggest we’re the same guy you clearly haven’t been paying attention. 

I didn't suggest anything. Not my sandbox, there are folks here who take care of things like that. 

But it's extremely obvious you're not from Andrean. 

• Haha 1