Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 1 Scores

8 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Interesting. first game of the season so really not sure what the the game result tell ypu?? Anyway, don't think any really had Snider winning this game, so glad they got the W. Hope they build off that, don't  have a "let down" next week. 

Watching the game tonight showed me Warren is the not the Warren of old and those kids need to look deep and find some heart. That W on your helmet and Warren across your chest means something and they need to show it. 

Edited by Warren05
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warren05 said:

Watching the game tonight showed me Warren is the not the Warren of old and those kids need to look deep and find some heart. That W on your helmet and Warren across your chest means something and they need to show it. 

Do you think Warren "thought" this was a cake walk game, show up and we win? Just wondering why I was hearing so much about how good this years team was. Again, maybe it is the first game of the season and a bit rusty??

5 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

Final exam is in October/November.

Edited by BDGiant93

Plainfield 32

Terre Haute South 13

This game was less close than I'd thought it would be. THSV had a 13-0 lead at one point, but after that, Plainfield got those Week 1 jitters away and played to their fullest potential. I am very confident in this Plainfield squad; Hunter Newell looks legitimately GOOD at quarterback.

Edited by roaringthunderdlr

1 minute ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Plainfield 32

Terre Haute South 13

This game was less close than I'd thought it would be. THSV had a 13-0 lead at one point, but after that, Plainfield got those Week 1 jitters away and played to their fullest potential. I am very confident in this Plainfield squad; Hunter Newell looks legitimately GOOD at quarterback.

If Harrison plays like they did tonight, should be a really good game next week when they visit Plainfield.

1 minute ago, BDGiant93 said:

Final exam is in October/November.

Regular season used to mean somthing. We had a poster in the old weight room at Warren when I was a freshman. It had undefeated regular season, MIC Champs, Section, Regional, Semi-state then State champs. They need to get back to that mentality and not just focus on the playoffs

13 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Interesting. first game of the season so really not sure what the the game result tell ypu?? Anyway, don't think any really had Snider winning this game, so glad they got the W. Hope they build off that, don't  have a "let down" next week. 

Warren had a few chances..the passing game just wasn't in sync for them as of yet..they had size n speed..the panthers really punched back early n a couple kids played both sides of the ball..the scheme of the run game did well against their edge rush..qb made some incredible runs when scrambling..rb1 showed he could step up..wr1 came off the bench..the defense buoyed them during turnovers n penalty miscues n ultimately won them the game..special teams were huge this game..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Warren had a few chances..the passing game just wasn't in sync for them as of yet..they had size n speed..the panthers really punched back early n a couple kids played both sides of the ball..the scheme of the run game did well against their edge rush..qb made some incredible runs when scrambling..rb1 showed he could step up..wr1 came off the bench..the defense buoyed them during turnovers n penalty miscues n ultimately won them the game..special teams were huge this game..

That's how you win games. Did Snider QB have much of a passing game, or could pass when needed, other than the Pick 6?

It was a mixed bag..Warren had dbs n backers that jumped routes..he threw the pick after settling in yet seemed to be able to read the field throughout the 2nd half...he will be fine..

4 minutes ago, psaboy said:

That's how you win games. Did Snider QB have much of a passing game, or could pass when needed, other than the Pick 6?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel 14, Homestead 7 F

HSE 28, Carroll 14 F

Kudos to Homestead for keeping this game close against a team that normally curb stomps them. Everyone is quick to dismiss them after a couple of average seasons, but they're still Homestead. 

Not surprised by the HSE/Carroll score. Probably a combination of revenge and just being the better team. Who knows, it's just Week 1. 

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

Do you think Warren "thought" this was a cake walk game, show up and we win? Just wondering why I was hearing so much about how good this years team was. Again, maybe it is the first game of the season and a bit rusty??

I hadn't read anywhere that this years Warren Central team would be very good. I have read that Ben Davis should be pretty solid, and after last nights game against Moeller Ben Davis should be definitely considered a title contender. That being said still a huge win for the Snider Panthers. The future looks bright for FW Snider.

10 hours ago, BTF said:

Kudos to Homestead for keeping this game close against a team that normally curb stomps them. Everyone is quick to dismiss them after a couple of average seasons, but they're still Homestead. 

Not surprised by the HSE/Carroll score. Probably a combination of revenge and just being the better team. Who knows, it's just Week 1. 

Fort Wayne teams showing out in Week 1... Carroll, Homestead and Snider all going for big swings. That is how you turn heads. Good luck to all moving forward...

maybe not too much luck 😉

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Fort Wayne teams showing out in Week 1... Carroll, Homestead and Snider all going for big swings. That is how you turn heads. Good luck to all moving forward...

maybe not too much luck 😉

Same to your Kingsman. Big win over a VERY good Valpo team.