Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 1

28 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Lots of offense from the Alices in that game from sounds of it. How did Hunt look tonight?

Hunt was actually more impressive with his arm tonight. 12/17 for 157 and 3 TDs with one score on the ground…in just one half of play. 

There were questions about the receiver position all offseason for Lincoln, but you wouldn’t have known at least for one night. 

Bosse QB Elijah Wagner gave the defense fits at times. He was most dangerous when a play broke down and was able to shift his way through to the second level. He’s without a doubt a top athlete in the conference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

FINAL

30-13 Memorial over Jasper

Fisher and Schulz were good.  Ellspermann and Broshears were terrific.

But, man, Memorial has some work to do on both lines.  Just…not good.

Jasper just made a series of fatal mistakes at the worst times/situations.  Uncharacteristically sloppy performance from the Wildcats.

3 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Jasper just made a series of fatal mistakes at the worst times/situations.  Uncharacteristically sloppy performance from the Wildcats.

I thought OL did a decent job tonight, rushing wise, needs some work on. But that makes since with 3 new starters. DL surprised me a bit too, holding Jasper to unofficially ~140 rushing yards, but Jasper was having their way too on the lines. But, I’m glad the score was in our favor tonight. Enormous test next week, as North may have the biggest OL/DL in the SIAC this season.

Memorial v Jasper is the most meaningless game to me in Week 1. It rarely projects how both teams will fare through the course of a season. Both will be totally different teams by the time Lincoln sees them come Week 8/9. And this is an obstacle the Alices must conquer in 2023. 

50 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

DL played good football. Completely disagree with, Just…..not good. 

Edited by Screagle

34 minutes ago, combthehair said:

I was listening on the radio. Jasper announcers said that Jasper was called for 8+ offsides/delay of games and that it could have been called a lot more. Kudos memorial. You whipped us. Might be a long year. 

The Cats will bounce back this week. The air-mailed punt snap right before the half was a killer. Memorial also had a great game plan and executed pretty well.