Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 23

image.png.f5ba264e6e999badf1aabb8e96943c96.png

That time (best time) of the year again. 

Mustangs at Panthers: JC by 24

Woodmen at Sparty: G-wood by 28

Artesians at Dragons: M-ville by 21

EC looking for their 22nd Sectional Title....Last time EC and Shelbyville met was 2016, EC has dominated the series 10 to 1 with a combined score of 405 to 183, unless something miraculous happens, EC gets their 11th against the G-Bears.

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Can Martinsville keep it close in round 2?

10 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m going to say no.

Honestly, don't know much about M-villes team this year.  EC has dominated the past two meetings, but both have been home games for EC. M-ville had a tougher regular season schedule, according to Sagarin, so they may be well conditioned to match up with a team like EC.  

EC will have all focus on the G-Bears this week.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I don’t think there is. Haven’t noticed any fans of those other teams this year except for the few and far between times Jennings County fans post in the Hoosier Hills Conference thread.

Well that's disappointing....

Give Martinsville credit, they played the right game against the right team in Plainfield on a rainy night. Plainfield likes to throw vertical and could not in that weather. Another head scratcher year for Artesians with getting shellacked on their own field by Greenwood, then edging DC at home. Martinsville likes to run with Shrake, a less vertical team than in the past. Lost many multi-year starters from last season. 

Can check out some games here if you want:

https://www.youtube.com/@MHSRewind/videos?view=2&sort=dd&live_view=503&shelf_id=0

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Give Martinsville credit, they played the right game against the right team in Plainfield on a rainy night. Plainfield likes to throw vertical and could not in that weather. Another head scratcher year for Artesians with getting shellacked on their own field by Greenwood, then edging DC at home. Martinsville likes to run with Shrake, a less vertical team than in the past. Lost many multi-year starters from last season. 

Just at a glance and by the numbers....they look to have been a better team last season.

Good luck to the Pioneers tonight against IGW.

Welp...since no-one is talking....

The bAd boYz from the EiaC are headed west and looking to bury the water-boys on friday night.  There isn't enough "high quality H2O" and the Fonz isn't gonna draw up enough special plays to change the outcome.

Mama said.....bAd boYz by 28.

image.gif.d3a3b26efd0e85a5d938c2658458699a.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troyfan said:

Welp...since no-one is talking....

The bAd boYz from the EiaC are headed west and looking to bury the water-boys on friday night.  There isn't enough "high quality H2O" and the Fonz isn't gonna draw up enough special plays to change the outcome.

Mama said.....bAd boYz by 28.

image.gif.d3a3b26efd0e85a5d938c2658458699a.gif

I doubt it happens but here’s to hoping Jennings County advances to play East Central for the sectional championship. The Panthers have only played for a sectional championship one time and it was the fourth and final time they played East Central, a 35-0 shutout loss in 2000. The Trojans are 4-0 against the Panthers.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I doubt it happens but here’s to hoping Jennings County advances to play East Central for the sectional championship. The Panthers have only played for a sectional championship one time and it was the fourth and final time they played East Central, a 35-0 shutout loss in 2000. The Trojans are 4-0 against the Panthers.

Would like to see that as well....it's been a while since we've seen the Panthers.  I remember pre-season scrimmages back in 2010-2012 when S Beuning was JCs coach. He of course left EC to take the HC job at JC. I also remember the long bus ride to North Vernon.

1 hour ago, troyfan said:

Would like to see that as well....it's been a while since we've seen the Panthers.  I remember pre-season scrimmages back in 2010-2012 when S Beuning was JCs coach. He of course left EC to take the HC job at JC. I also remember the long bus ride to North Vernon.

I have quite a few connections to Jennings County. Would’ve been nice to see Buening build something there but I don’t think he had the support needed to do so. Luckily, he was able to find some success at Southridge.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I have quite a few connections to Jennings County. Would’ve been nice to see Buening build something there but I don’t think he had the support needed to do so. Luckily, he was able to find some success at Southridge.

Yeah, Buening is a good coach and great person.  Glad he is having success at Southridge.  Hopefully they advance to regionals and he plays another EIAC team in our neck of the woods.

On the way back from the Creek Friday night, listening to hilljack WCBK, the Artesians were talking tough post-game after getting by Silver Creek and how they were ready for East Central.

Is this the picture I was getting?

undefined

Who wears the short shorts? Mullet contest anyone?

1 hour ago, Trojan12 said:

Massey has EC -29.5.. Do they cover? Does Ringer break the all time career rushing record?

T12, i'm sure JR, JM and the whole team only cares about getting a road win with everyone returning healthy. If that happens...the record falls next week at home.