Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Panthers 2019

OK, I'll start out the 2019 thread for the Mighty Panthers of Snider. I learned yesterday that they are now being bumped back up to 6A for the 2019 season. Now I heard this on Twitter and had quote from Tippmann, so I'm assuming this is real. Anyone else confirm?

On 6/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, psaboy said:

OK, I'll start out the 2019 thread for the Mighty Panthers of Snider. I learned yesterday that they are now being bumped back up to 6A for the 2019 season. Now I heard this on Twitter and had quote from Tippmann, so I'm assuming this is real. Anyone else confirm?

Per the IHSAA website Snider will remain in 6A for the next 2 year cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

I am of the opinion Snider received a bad deal here.  2 Sectional wins and that’s considered dominating?   This means they are in the top 25% of 6A......Whoooaaaa!!!!! Stop the press!!!

. . . They probably would be most years anyway. .

9 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

I am of the opinion Snider received a bad deal here.  2 Sectional wins and that’s considered dominating?   This means they are in the top 25% of 6A......Whoooaaaa!!!!! Stop the press!!!

Here is my humble opinion..schools are moved up after having SUCCESS that garners them 6 points(2 semi state wins or 1 state championship and a regional win).  After that they win two sectionals or one regional in a class higher than their given enrollment.  If that is not success, then I don't know what success is.  I think if after being moved up, and you win 1 sectional you should stay up.  I think if a any school can win 1 sectional in a class higher after being moved up due to the success factor they can compete and should stay in the higher class.  

• Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 9:10 PM, OldschoolFB said:

If I go completely from memory, I believe Snider returns a QB, WR, 2 LB, 1 CB.  

Not sure on OL and DL.  At least 1 on DL and at least 1 on OL.  

I think they have RB Bennett returning at RB, 1 D1 P5 recruit on OL and maybe non P5  on OL as well, maybe a few more??? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, Major said:

Here is my humble opinion..schools are moved up after having SUCCESS that garners them 6 points(2 semi state wins or 1 state championship and a regional win).  After that they win two sectionals or one regional in a class higher than their given enrollment.  If that is not success, then I don't know what success is.  I think if after being moved up, and you win 1 sectional you should stay up.  I think if a any school can win 1 sectional in a class higher after being moved up due to the success factor they can compete and should stay in the higher class.  

Some schools measure success by a winning season..others by hardware...elite programs may have all or nothing mentalities..ie..Notre dame has a goal to win the national title very year..that being said this is high school and sectional titles are not a given..the rules are what they are for a reason and imo snider would be playing 6a every other cycle anyway..schools populations have changed..yes..yet when it was 5 classes snider last repped the north.

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

My understanding is  Duff and Eley are both playing. 

I've heard Duff is TE, maybe starter?? Have not heard anything on injuries. There were a few Snider "posters" on GID last year, but haven;t seen them this year, Komets 3001 come to mind but seems to be AWOL this year. 

15 hours ago, psaboy said:

I've heard Duff is TE, maybe starter?? Have not heard anything on injuries. There were a few Snider "posters" on GID last year, but haven;t seen them this year, Komets 3001 come to mind but seems to be AWOL this year. 

I think the new security is a pain In the Buttocks.  It almost kept me away.

• Like 1