Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Panthers 2019

Kudos to tippman and the staff for getting kids to join the team while ensuring they're accepted onto the team..its a shame when schools have some of the best athletes walking the halls whom never touch the field or court..if this year's team can come together they may shock some people..upper echelon teams will not fear them n mid level programs will place a target on squarely on their back. If they are a true panther squad that can bring home the bell it will not take long to put avid watchers on notice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

Snider will have a solid team per usual and probably lose in regionals. Would have liked to see them in 5a 

They have 37 seniors this year, so the experience is there. Let's see if they can get over the "Carmel" hump this year. That is if they can beat Homestead, heard they have good team this year as well. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, psaboy said:

They have 37 seniors this year, so the experience is there. Let's see if they can get over the "Carmel" hump this year. That is if they can beat Homestead, heard they have good team this year as well. 

Didn't know they had that many seniors that's impressive. Should be a slug fest when the two match up homestead is well rounded all around this year. 

6 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

Snider will have a solid team per usual and probably lose in regionals. Would have liked to see them in 5a 

Im happy to see them in 6a...ive stated b4..winning 6a is the creme de le creme..that 2015 team could have competed for the 6a title..heck the two teams after them were darn good as well..snider is a 6a program regardless of population..

9 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Im happy to see them in 6a...ive stated b4..winning 6a is the creme de le creme..that 2015 team could have competed for the 6a title..heck the two teams after them were darn good as well..snider is a 6a program regardless of population..

Agree. I think the best scenario for Snider is alternating back and forth from 5 to 6. Best of both worlds. On one hand they get to play other schools with similar population. On the other hand they get to rumble with the absolute best. That being said, if I had to make a choice, it would be 6a. Nothing better to me than watching the Panthers line up against giants like Carmel and Penn.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Agree. I think the best scenario for Snider is alternating back and forth from 5 to 6. Best of both worlds. On one hand they get to play other schools with similar population. On the other hand they get to rumble with the absolute best. That being said, if I had to make a choice, it would be 6a. Nothing better to me than watching the Panthers line up against giants like Carmel and Penn.

I'm really hoping they can get by regional (likely have to beat Carmel) this year and play Penn for semi (99% sure that would be team). They haven't played Penn in post season for quite some time. 

4 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm really hoping they can get by regional (likely have to beat Carmel) this year and play Penn for semi (99% sure that would be team). They haven't played Penn in post season for quite some time. 

Well, 0-6 against Carmel in games decided by 3 points or less won't get them to the next level against Penn. Have to somehow get over that hump. 

11 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Got to get past Homestead first.

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Well, 0-6 against Carmel in games decided by 3 points or less won't get them to the next level against Penn. Have to somehow get over that hump. 

Yes, Carmel is always an obstacle now. Snider matched up better with them back in the 90's and early 2000's, that can be directly related to school size IMO. I do think this year they have good chance with the senior heavy team, but you never know until the time comes. 

On 8/17/2019 at 5:45 PM, psaboy said:

Anyone have any info on how Panthers and Spartans scrimmage went last night??

I work with a mom of a Homestead player... she said. "We are horrible" great athletes, the coaches have to go... I was shocked that she said that. 

24 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I work with a mom of a Homestead player... she said. "We are horrible" great athletes, the coaches have to go... I was shocked that she said that. 

Lol, they wont be horrible. They could lose three or four games in the SAC this year and still have a good team. The SAC is deep. Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and Wayne could all knock one another off. 

45 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I would be shocked too, but you never know. Homestead never really seems to play good against Snider. I believe the record against each are 18-3, Snider advantage

25 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I would be shocked too, but you never know. Homestead never really seems to play good against Snider. I believe the record against each are 18-3, Snider advantage

They just don't seem to get up and play in the big games they have the athletes. I think this year may be different but who knows. Maybe they do need to look at the coaching staff and start pointing the finger. 

Homestead is just two years removed from a team that, in my opinion, was good enough to beat Carmel. I don't think the situation there is as dire as some are making it out to be. There are many programs  love that would love to have the success Homestead has experienced. 

3 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Offense looked good tonight. Gr8 game planning by the coaching staff. North side had a few costly turnovers and/or penalties that stymied their drives.. the shutout was surprising although much needed..

I watched 1/2 of the third and all of the fourth quarter. Good to see some 2nd and 3rd stringers get real game time in. I was surprised to see Holtz in the game in the fourth, not sure why they kept him in there that long, would hate to see injury in game when he is not really needed.

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

I watched 1/2 of the third and all of the fourth quarter. Good to see some 2nd and 3rd stringers get real game time in. I was surprised to see Holtz in the game in the fourth, not sure why they kept him in there that long, would hate to see injury in game when he is not really needed.

He barely played in the first half..only on goaline and pat formation..appeared they were just getting him reps..seeing him come off the bench was a will breaker..🤤

18 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

He barely played in the first half..only on goaline and pat formation..appeared they were just getting him reps..seeing him come off the bench was a will breaker..🤤

OK, as I said, didn't see first half. Just surprised that he was in game when really not needed.