Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Panthers 2019

7 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

The way Snider let Becker tear them apart last night really shocked me. I said I would be surprised if Carroll won and I am. I know there was a lot of talk about all the Snider penalties but still. 

All season I knew homestead and Noblesville had the potential to be close like that. I think I let other people talk me out of it lol. It’s a team that had the number 1 schedule in the state and played some really good teams tough. 

Honestly it made Fort Wayne look weak and that is now reflected in the Sagarin ratings. Idk about Carroll but I truly think Homestead can and will give Carmel (assuming they beat Westfield) a good game. 

The SAC teams never travel with their schedule and Homestead had almost a 2 hour bus drive. They probably looked at that 1-8 record and thought it was going to be a cakewalk although they shouldn’t have considering who Noblesville plays. 

No excuses though they’ll have to move on and get ready for Carroll. 

You would think that the coaches know they play in second best conference in the state and have a game or two against the MIC teams, So if they are not aware of that they have a 1-8 record, well poo poo on them. 

On 10/30/2019 at 12:02 AM, FWfootball10 said:

You’re right. I mean this could be the best Homestead team ever. They went to state about 20 years ago and lost in the biggest class but I was almost too young to remember that. As far as I’m concerned it’s absolutely not a stretch to say this is their best team ever. It makes it more exciting in 6a that their isn’t that dominant Ben Davis or Warren Central team this year. It is truly anyone’s year in 6A.

People forget how good the 1997 Homestead team was. They went toe to toe with what I consider to be one of Snider's top 5 teams of all time. Obviously they were good in 1998. They had a great team in 2002. They lost to a Snider team that went on to the state finals. If Snider didn't have two weeks to prepare for that game, I think Homestead would have been the one playing Ben Davis that year. 

Conclusion: Homestead 2019, with a healthy Hardwick, might be able to compete with the teams mentioned above. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

So, watching the Homestead & Carroll game last night i just wonder was Snider a bunch of smoke and mirrors this year. Seeing that they pretty much got handled by Carroll in sectional and then Homestead did a pretty good number on Carroll last night, mostly in last half of third and fourth Q. Can the conclusion be drawn that Snider was way over sold/hyped this year??

Is the Snider program dipping down a bit while Carroll and Homestead on rising (if think yes on the last part). I guess it is safe to assume the once mighty Panthers of Snider will be playing 5A ball come tourney time in 2021.