Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southridge @ Gibson Southern

9 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I don’t make the news…I just report it.

A handful out of 11 ain’t bad.

Gibson Southern has had a football team for 49 years. They have won 4 sectionals. Outside of Southern Gibson county I think most people don't think high school football history started in 2012.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Gibson Southern has had a football team for 49 years. They have won 4 sectionals. Outside of Southern Gibson county I think most people don't think high school football history started in 2012.

Is this really all a man of your intelligence can come up with?  It really is just sad.

It's a good thing it didn't start in 2012 based on what your coach has done against ours in that time frame.

Hopefully you get another high paying chicken processing plant in the next couple of years.

See ya tomorrow night spanky...should be a fun one.

https://ifca-hof.org/inductee/jewell-jack-c/

Edited by Titan32

15 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Is this really all a man of your intelligence can come up with?  It really is just sad.

It's a good thing it didn't start in 2012 based on what your coach has done against ours in that time frame.

Hopefully you get another high paying chicken processing plant in the next couple of years.

I was trying to keep it simple for you. As for how the Southridge coach has done vs the Gibson Southern coach its not like they are working with the same resources. going by the last enrollment numbers used Gibson Southern has 184 more students than Southridge. Southridge had 517 students so an extra 184 is a lot to overcome. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sr1 said:

I was trying to keep it simple for you. As for how the Southridge coach has done vs the Gibson Southern coach its not like they are working with the same resources. going by the last enrollment numbers used Gibson Southern has 184 more students than Southridge. Southridge had 517 students so an extra 184 is a lot to overcome. 

My Catholic friends would tell you to work harder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, sr1 said:

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

Math must be SR1’s specialty 

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

See ya tomorrow night spanky...should be a fun one.

I thought it was pretty funny myself.. 

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Sagarin is useless since we don't play in Indiana lol.

Yep....bust that conference up!  Ooops! Actually I meant the SIAC, apologies.  Long night at bingo for this athletic supporter...I'm still sweating.

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 3

Not sure why I get brought into all this - but, here it goes:

I don't know much about GS football history - having not really looked much at it. I feel very good about where we (SR) stand as a program and what we've accomplished. I think I read somewhere that over the past 20 years, we've brought home 10 sectional championships (?) - and for anyone that has walked through our hallways - they know we are fighting some challenges that most public schools do- but we would be no where close to the "effective enrollment" that Gibson has. (Titan32 term there) As one former Coach put it to me one time "Man...you might be listed as 3A, but you are really playing with 1A numbers" ...It is what it is - we do the best we can. 

As far as tonight's game goes - Anyone worth their salt and that has watched any of the football the Titans have played this year will tell you - this years team is GOOOOD. Don't let the 2-2 record fool you. SR will need to play dang close to perfect to have a shot at keeping it competitive. 

Much respect for the GS football program and the way they have built up their program (well...outside of the 2021 season, but we won't go there again lol) . Always look forward to playing them as they will expose any weaknesses that need to be addressed, and they play the game the right way. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jets said:

Not sure why I get brought into all this - but, here it goes:

I don't know much about GS football history - having not really looked much at it. I feel very good about where we (SR) stand as a program and what we've accomplished. I think I read somewhere that over the past 20 years, we've brought home 10 sectional championships (?) - and for anyone that has walked through our hallways - they know we are fighting some challenges that most public schools do- but we would be no where close to the "effective enrollment" that Gibson has. (Titan32 term there) As one former Coach put it to me one time "Man...you might be listed as 3A, but you are really playing with 1A numbers" ...It is what it is - we do the best we can. 

As far as tonight's game goes - Anyone worth their salt and that has watched any of the football the Titans have played this year will tell you - this years team is GOOOOD. Don't let the 2-2 record fool you. SR will need to play dang close to perfect to have a shot at keeping it competitive. 

Much respect for the GS football program and the way they have built up their program (well...outside of the 2021 season, but we won't go there again lol) . Always look forward to playing them as they will expose any weaknesses that need to be addressed, and they play the game the right way. 

Like you, we have learned that you only need 11 guys to play football.  It's tough, but it has to work when you don't have a choice.

5 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

How many of the 184 additional students that have transferred from area Gibson County Schools that you speak of are on/or are varsity starters?  That's what matters regarding the football program, I honestly don't know but would say its very low.  

Who said that the additional 184 students are transfer students? I don't know if they have lived there there entire lives or if they transferred. 

On 9/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, Titan32 said:
Southridge (3-1) at Gibson Southern (2-2)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Jewell Field.
COACHES: Scott Buening, 99-31 in 11th year at Southridge, 111-59 in 15th year overall. Nick Hart, 117-23 in 12th year at Gibson Southern.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Gibson Southern, 64.4, 84th overall, 16th in 3A. Southridge, 61.75, 96th overall, 17th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Southridge defeated Pike Central, 49-12. Gibson Southern lost to South Warren (Ky.), 45-28.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Southridge 7-9. Gibson Southern 10-5.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Southridge, 20-12
LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 24-14, Sep. 16, 2022.
jh PREDICTION: Gibson Southern, 31-28.

Since the opening of Gibson Southern in 1974 Southridge leads the series 22-16.

Gibson Southern leads the series 9-3 over Southridge in the Coach Hart era.

10-12-2012 Southridge 35 - 21 Gibson Southern 

10-18-2013 Southridge 21 - 31 Gibson Southern  

10-17-2014 Southridge  0 - 41  Gibson Southern 

10-16-2015 Southridge 0 - 50 Gibson Southern 

10-14-2016  Southridge 35 - 38 Gibson Southern 

10-13-2017 Southridge 14 - 55 Gibson Southern 

10-12-2018 Southridge 14 - 31 Gibson Southern 

10-18-2019 Southridge  21 - 22 Gibson Southern 

09-18-2020 Southridge 48 - 28 Gibson Southern 

10-30-2020 Southridge 30 - 27 Gibson Southern

09-17-2021 Southridge 9 - 63 Gibson Southern  

09-16-2022Southridge 14 - 24 Gibson Southern