Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Big Ten Rankings (Week 3)

temptation

On 9/17/2023 at 8:52 PM, Footballking16 said:

Rutgers should be above Wisconsin and Minnesota in my opinion. They’ve looked far more impressive through 3 weeks. 10-13 is interchangeable although Illinois and Purdue have taken major steps back from last year.

Agree on Rutgers. After that I think Nebraska through Indiana all interchangeable. At this point I'm worried Walters is in over his head at Purdue. My daughter, who has zero interest in watching sports, could watch a Purdue game and tell you they need to stop running up the middle on short yardage situations. Defensively, is it possibel Walters shined at Illinois because he had NFL talent and feasted on crappy Big Ten West offenses?

8 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Agree on Rutgers. After that I think Nebraska through Indiana all interchangeable. At this point I'm worried Walters is in over his head at Purdue. My daughter, who has zero interest in watching sports, could watch a Purdue game and tell you they need to stop running up the middle on short yardage situations. Defensively, is it possibel Walters shined at Illinois because he had NFL talent and feasted on crappy Big Ten West offenses?

Probably too early to make that call on Walters although this is not the type of industry where you want to learn the job on the fly.

I do think Walters was pretty careless in the hiring of his support staff. A lot of young and up and coming coaches instead of having some veteran leadership to assist him through the first few years. 

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Probably too early to make that call on Walters although this is not the type of industry where you want to learn the job on the fly.

I do think Walters was pretty careless in the hiring of his support staff. A lot of young and up and coming coaches instead of having some veteran leadership to assist him through the first few years. 

Good point on his support staff. Didn't you say Harrell hasn't been able to stick anywhere as an OC? 

8 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Good point on his support staff. Didn't you say Harrell hasn't been able to stick anywhere as an OC? 

He was fired from USC after suffering through their worst season since the early 90's (the whole staff was) and spent one year last year at West Virginia and voluntarily left. But you want see one West Virginia fan said to see him leave.