Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis vs. Cathedral at UIndy

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Some won't get on board with this until they win a 6A title.

Sometimes the competition this is a reason you don't. Those teams do sharpen each other, but it can also be an issue when you beat each other up. There are no weeks off. 

Edited by BDGiant93

16 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Sometimes the competition this is a reason you don't. Those teams do sharpen each other, but it can also be an issue when you beat each other up. There are no weeks off. 

There it is!!!!

How does the SEC dominate the CFP annually then?

42 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

Because they have Depth! When 1A gets banged up they have a 1B to fill the void.. 

HCC/MIC teams with 2500+ students don't have depth...

3 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I said something. Should have known you'd pick it up.

"I was wrong about something.  Should have known you'd pick it up."

FIFY.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

FIFY.

Are you like this at parties too? 

I said what I said. Sometimes you beat each other up. It can drain you at the end of the year. So, you bring in a college example. Cool. 

You win. Got me. Go spike a football in my crushed ego. Geez. 🤣

I could say the sky is blue, and you'd be like..."Is it though?"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

HCC/MIC teams with 2500+ students don't have depth...

FIFY.

That was my point! The MiC has dominated because their schools have had more good players or more depth. The HCC is catching up but I’d still give the edge on depth to BD or CG. Both of those teams have had key players miss significant time this year and haven’t skipped a beat. 

1 hour ago, HomeCookin said:

That was my point! The MiC has dominated because their schools have had more good players or more depth. The HCC is catching up but I’d still give the edge on depth to BD or CG. Both of those teams have had key players miss significant time this year and haven’t skipped a beat. 

I just continually heard two narratives in the tournament from MIC coaches depending upon what end of the scoreboard they ended up on.

MIC school wins state:  “The grind of the MIC schedule prepped us for anything we’d see in the tournament and our tough schedule paid off.”

MIC school that loses before state:  “The grind of the MIC schedule really took its toll as you have to be at your best every week and by November we were just too beat up.”

Its exhausting.

6 hours ago, BTF said:

Eric Moore, Ben Davis, Warren Central, and Carmel will always be a tough hurdle to overcome. But top to bottom, it's a no contest. 

Is that Eric Moore High School?  I mean, we love the man but I don't think we're gonna rename the school.  😁

• Haha 2

It's good to see some chatter for this game.  I hope the extra stands can hold all the BD fans.

37 minutes ago, Grover said:

Is that Eric Moore High School?  I mean, we love the man but I don't think we're gonna rename the school.  😁

He should have the stadium or the field named after him.  I would imagine that will happen some day.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

I think when Eric Moore is gone, Center Grove will fall to the lowly level of Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, and Westfield. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think when Eric Moore is gone, Center Grove will fall to the lowly level of Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, and Westfield. 

Unless football simply becomes de-emphasized, I don’t see that happening. Too much structure and too big of a commitment for Center Grove to take a step back.

9 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Ben Davis game to lose I will go with BD wining 35 - 14. Ben Davis will stop the Iresh run game an bring presser that Irish cannot handle. 

Ben Davis did solid against the run when playing Brownsburg, gave up a couple of big runs but Brownsburg's RB was really good. Ben Davis gave up some long passes but locked down in the 4th quarter making plays. Cathedral ran the ball more against Lawrence North than they typically do. The Giants can create problems for the Irish Offense, the Irish will have to play a whale of a game Offensively to have a shot. The Irish defense has done well against the run all year, but the Giants have a quick back in Price and the QB runs very hard when needed so the Irish will have 2 runners to focus on. Secondary has been the Irish weak spot all year, they played pretty solid against LN, and a lot of that had to do with the pressure applied to the QB while trying to keep him from making big plays with his legs. The Irish would need to have a great game from their secondary again as the Giants can hit big plays in the passing  game as their QB has a great arm and Zachary is very scary.

Should be a great game. I think many Irish and Giants fans will be wondering which Giants or Irish team shows up Friday. They will be entertained none the less. Last week I expected Ben Davis to destroy Pike. Watched the Cathedral vs Lawrence North game expecting a Offensive shootout and it ended up being a defensive battle. Don't fully know what exactly we will see from Ben Davis and Cathedral, but having watched both play they will both play hard throughout.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can we really call it “home field advantage” in this case?

Should have booked it for Arlington. It would be nice and dark by about 6pm. Would be an interesting game to watch. 😂🤣

turn-off-shut-off.gif

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It's good to see some chatter for this game.  I hope the extra stands can hold all the BD fans.

He should have the stadium or the field named after him.  I would imagine that will happen some day.

My guess is that will happen....but in the meantime, the Center Grove Bantam Football League jumped on that a few years back.......

image.thumb.png.524b93aaa615bb47ae1d6b5820732a5e.png