Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LCC AT FW LUERS

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

It's said.. Luers in any given yr can still give anyone in 2A a run for ther money... whic I think is true... both schools r not fielding the best of their best all time teams.... And peeps can't make up their minds who the real dog in this game is?  Really??

Luers, when they have a really good team, has shown the ability to compete with and beat 4, 5, and 6A teams. That is not hyperbole, that is fact. This year’s team is not on that level, but they are able to compete with and beat 2A teams

19 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Luers, when they have a really good team, has shown the ability to compete with and beat 4, 5, and 6A teams. That is not hyperbole, that is fact. This year’s team is not on that level, but they are able to compete with and beat 2A teams

I would actually dub the 2021 team (the one that didn't make it out of sectionals) as Luers all time Top 10. They might even tickle that 5 spot. I'm curious what the Luers faithful think. 

17 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I agree... lcc can and has punched outta their weight class as well... hence they remain in 2A today... should this team somehow manage to win at Luers... would be quite a feat... jmho

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

For Luers to be competitive, they have to work on reducing the penalties.

17 minutes ago, LuersLurker said:

For Luers to be competitive, they have to work on reducing the penalties.

Ditto for little 1A Lcc... The Fort dosenst seem to understand that Great Lcc teams manage to somehow win over Great WL teams... but one of these two r gonna b eaten up by N Posey... what I heard.... so what's it matter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

"Is there someone else up there that we can talk to?" 

Get's me everytime ... especially knowing where the escalation is going.

I thought before last weekend that Bluffton would come out of the North. Very good senior class with a talented sophomore RB. I was told(Luers fans can correct me if I’m wrong) that Bluffton’s QB went down and they had to turn to a freshman. Either way it was an impressive win for Luers. Their D must be very good. Lcc can sling it, so they’ll need to be good against the pass. Looking forward to seeing the score for this one. Should be a good one!

26 minutes ago, littledog said:

Lots of sand bagging going on, guess neither side wants to give any bulletin board material. 

Luers having a "down" year from their perspective but I still see them as the favorite to win this game. Luers 35-21

I'm not sure it's sandbagging per se.  Both programs, while having success this season, also have several things that say it's not one of their better seasons.  Both programs have talent and have had performance this season, but it's like putting 7-11 gasoline in your Ferrari ... every time you step on the accelerator at the light, you are hoping for the growl of the engine, but aren't particularly surprised if you you also get a stutter and a backfire.  This one will likely come down to inopportune penalties ... those 3rd and 3s while driving in the opponent's territory that turn into 3rd and 8s that turn into turnover-on-downs after falling a yard short ... and big plays.  I favor LCC on the big plays, but penalties have cut into those for the Knights.

54 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

image.thumb.png.517f1f78bf39dc90cb6aec94016208c6.png

Nice plate Foxy... didnt know u were so vain!! LoL

That's pretty cool, but I'm too cheap to pay for a vanity plate.  Also looks like that car might be nice enough to have comprehensive coverage. :classic_laugh:

If I were going to ever spend money on a vanity plate, it would be one that I saw in a McDonald's on the way back from a baseball tourney that was "RSH YYZ."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxbat said:

That's pretty cool, but I'm too cheap to pay for a vanity plate.  Also looks like that car might be nice enough to have comprehensive coverage. :classic_laugh:

If I were going to ever spend money on a vanity plate, it would be one that I saw in a McDonald's on the way back from a baseball tourney that was "RSH YYZ."

I realize ur a man of science... jus sayin.... Darn Ole Intangibles... 😁

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

IMG_0974.thumb.png.a1ab694e9a8c0add9934783809d00fa9.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'm not sure it's sandbagging per se.  Both programs, while having success this season, also have several things that say it's not one of their better seasons.  Both programs have talent and have had performance this season, but it's like putting 7-11 gasoline in your Ferrari ... every time you step on the accelerator at the light, you are hoping for the growl of the engine, but aren't particularly surprised if you you also get a stutter and a backfire.  This one will likely come down to inopportune penalties ... those 3rd and 3s while driving in the opponent's territory that turn into 3rd and 8s that turn into turnover-on-downs after falling a yard short ... and big plays.  I favor LCC on the big plays, but penalties have cut into those for the Knights.

I get gas at 7-11 all the time and my Ferrari runs great. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, foxbat said:

And the meek shall inherit 2A north 

• Like 2