1. Delta

2. Muncie Central

3. Yorktown

4. Jay County

5. New Castle

6. Mississinewa

7. Hamilton Heights

8. Marion

1 hr to 1hr and a half depending on where you go with the 8th school. Would be competitive size and competition wise.

I think the Giants belong there.  I would go a step further to make it 10 teams. Take out Hamilton Heights, but add Richmond, Anderson, and Pendleton Heights.

Northwest IN conference

Kankakee Valley

Lowell

Rensselaer Central

Highland 

Andrean

Hanover Central

Hobart

Benton Central

Football only??  or all sports?

Football only:

Charlestown    Silver Creek     Providence   Corydon   North Harrison

Salem    Brownstown   Paoli   West Washington   Scottsburg

this is what the Mid-Southern should be anyway, in all sports.

Some would say, WW???    WW is a 1A that acts like a 2A or 3A.

Paoli used to be in the Mid-South.  Again, a 2A that thinks its a 3A

Providence brings tradition, gate, and great rivalries with almost all these schools.

14 hours ago, Fine Print said:

I like this too and thought something close to this might happen when the NSC split.  LaVille would be the big question mark in this configuration.  They would be fine in the major sports (football and basketball), but out of their league in most of the minor sports.  Mishawaka Marian might fit a little better.

I don't think Wawasee will ever leave the NLC.  But I think this COULD happen IF Fairfield would be willing to jump from the NECC.  Rochester and Valley could possibly be swayed and I think Marian would climb on board.  That would make a really nice 2-3A conference in my opinion!

No way in heck I wud want a private school, especially Marian in this conference!  Keep all public schools.  LV wud be the biggest concern but the past several seasons in most sports, they would be very competitive in this conference.  I agree about Wawasee leaving NLC but I like the location with Jimtown, Bremen and Fairfield.  In this conference, they might win something, compared to that tough NLC.

11 hours ago, Indieanapolis said:

This is actually a really good idea. The only problem I see is Sullivan to Mt. Vernon would be like a 2 hour drive.  Linton would be the smallest school by far, but they're definitely good enough that it wouldn't matter.

Yeah Linton would be the smallest school but in a conference like that, no one could say they didn't play anyone!   

14 hours ago, WC Warrior said:

My ideal high school conference would include Ben Davis, Warren Central (IN), Colerain, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Warren East (KY), Warren Central (KY), Bowling Green, Maine South, Cathedral, and Carmel. 

No Center Grove?

9 hours ago, JGHS89 said:

No way in heck I wud want a private school, especially Marian in this conference!  Keep all public schools.  LV wud be the biggest concern but the past several seasons in most sports, they would be very competitive in this conference.  I agree about Wawasee leaving NLC but I like the location with Jimtown, Bremen and Fairfield.  In this conference, they might win something, compared to that tough NLC.

I would not have one issue with having Marian in this hypothetical conference.  They have good students, good athletes, and good coaches. That is all you can ask for from an opponent.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Since this is nothing more than a "what if" scenario and it does say 10 teams, I am thinking way outside of the box here.  I would add 3 teams to the Big 8 (they currently only have 7) and rename it......wait for it........THE BIG TEN!!!  Here are the current teams and the teams I would add:

Current teams:  Vincennes Lincoln, Boonville, Mt Carmel, Princeton, Washington, Mt Vernon, and Jasper, then add Sullivan, Southridge, and Linton (my school). 
"Beam me up, Scottie.  The natives on this planet may become hostile."

I suppose that if we were to join another conference.  This would be a really good fit.

13 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

I think the Giants belong there.  I would go a step further to make it 10 teams. Take out Hamilton Heights, but add Richmond, Anderson, and Pendleton Heights.

I do like that. I thought about both Richmond and Pendleton, but I was also trying to keep drive time down. That seems to be the over reaching problem in the HHC now. Also, and I know this is all pretend anyways, I could see Central leaving the NCC more willingly than Richmond, Anderson, or Marion, but I also am a lot more familiar with that school and program.

Edited by olinecoach

On 8/30/2016 at 4:17 PM, basement bias said:

Say you were in charge of creating a 10 team conference for your team. What teams would you select and why? Mine would be Adams Central, Bellmont (North Adams), South Adams, Norwell, Bluffton, Southern Wells, Heritage, Woodlan, Leo, and New Haven. If Leo and New Haven weren't options, then Jay County, Blackford, and/or Huntington North. All because they're close in proximity and would really prepare for your team for tournament time.

Take Bluffton & New Haven out of the highlighted mix above, and you would have the ACAC from the early-mid 80's.

Edited by Bonecrusher

okay this is what needs done, eliminate all conferences. Then before the season have the ihsaa put every team's name on a ping pong ball all 326 and put them in a basket.  For the first 5 weeks the team that is pick for you, that's who you play. If you're the first team picked that week you get the home game, But  if then in the second week if you're the first team picked you have an away game, unless both teams we're both away or home then you decide it with a coin toss. Then halfway through the season they'd reconvene and do it again. Then per usual for playoffs classify teams in their class and go at it. All IS SOLVED!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So if Edinburgh is drawn first and Warren Central is drawn second, WC travels to Edinburgh?  That sounds like a competitive game.  

• Upvote 1

The Dude's SIAC aka Current Big Ten

North Division
Boonville
Gibson Southern
Heritage Hills
Evansville Central
Evansville North
Jasper

South Division
Castle
Evansville Bosse
Evansville Harrison
Evansville Mater Dei
Evansville Memorial
Evansville Reitz

Championship Game played in the Reitz Bowl

3 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

So if Edinburgh is drawn first and Warren Central is drawn second, WC travels to Edinburgh?  That sounds like a competitive game.  

Nope. The Warriors would screw the Lancers up so bad. Edinburgh sucks in football. Period.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, WC Warrior said:

Nope. The Warriors would screw the Lancers up so bad. Edinburgh sucks in football. Period.

They apparently don't teach sarcasm at Warren Central. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, WC Warrior said:

Nah. The Warriors are better than most teams. That's why I bleed Black and Vegas Gold.

... but apparently their English departments leave something to be desired. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WC Warrior said:

Nah. The Warriors are better than most teams. That's why I bleed Black and Vegas Gold.

So humble. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

The Dude's SIAC aka Current Big Ten

North Division
Boonville
Gibson Southern
Heritage Hills
Evansville Central
Evansville North
Jasper

South Division
Castle
Evansville Bosse
Evansville Harrison
Evansville Mater Dei
Evansville Memorial
Evansville Reitz

Championship Game played in the Reitz Bowl

Why not make it the best of the best with:

Reitz

MD

Castle

Memorial

Harrison

Gibson Southern

Heritage Hills

Jasper

Keep in mind that these are current teams. Jasper is in to fill out the 8th spot. Given they are in a down year but have been excellent in recent years.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:02 AM, warren05 said:

I think that would be a lot of travel for you guys but it would help you iin terms of playing state championship caliber games week in and week out and help you guys when it come time to play down at LOS. 

Haha playing a schedule like that would fun to see, but man we would be like Cathedral used to be...rough looking record but making it to semi-state (state in their case) every year.

On 8/31/2016 at 4:43 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

For a "non-region" northern 5A/6A conference:

Michiana Division: Concord, Goshen, Mishawaka, Penn, SB Adams, and Elkhart (when consolidated to one school)

Fort Wayne Division: Carroll, Homestead, FW North, FW Northrop, FW Snider, Warsaw

5 division games, 2 cross-over games, 2 out of conference games.  Switch up the cross-over games every years so kids play every team at least once.

I would switch Goshen with LaPorte.  I don't think Goshen would really want to play in this conference, but knowing LaPorte isnt going to play in the eastern time zone maybe going with Plymouth would present more of a challenge to Penn, Concord, Mishawaka & Adams.

1. Western Boone 

2. Lebanon 

3. Zionsville 

4. Brownsburg 

5. Tri West

6. Danville 

7. Pike

8. Avon / Plainfield 

Just thinking of distance 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Black_Gold2007 said:

I would switch Goshen with LaPorte.  I don't think Goshen would really want to play in this conference, but knowing LaPorte isnt going to play in the eastern time zone maybe going with Plymouth would present more of a challenge to Penn, Concord, Mishawaka & Adams.

I thought about LaPorte, but decided against them thanks to the whole time zone thing.  I considered Plymouth as well, but went against them for the time being because I was trying to keep it a 5A/6A league.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:51 PM, Footballking16 said:

I like Cathedral as an independent but I would love to see a rotating schedule that would look something like this:

1. Chatard (every year) 

2. Roncalli (every year)

3. St Xavier OH (been on schedule every year for awhile)

4-6. Combination of 3 MIC schools that rotate yearly (Carmel, Warren, BD, Center Grove, LC, LN)

7. An out of state traditional p/p (Louisville Trinity, Moeller, Elder, St Ignatius (CLE), Lakewood St Edward)

8. A traditional Chicago power

9. Open date for a regional showcase

I would love for Reitz to play Cathedral every year since we aren't in the same class anymore...would be getting our ass kicked a lot but that's ok :)

Edited by pga

The Circle Townships Conference:

Perry Meridian
Southport
Franklin Central
Decatur Central
Ben Davis
Warren Central
Pike
North Central
Lawrence Central
Lawrence North