Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Michigan's next football coach

BTF

43 minutes ago, BTF said:

I know it's just a rumor and hypothetical at this point, but what would that do to your allegiance to the Wolverines? 

I am obviously biased but I believe that the only coach in America superior to Harbaugh is the one on the opposing sideline Monday so anyone would be a downgrade in my opinion.

That being said (and another caveat (this report is complete BS)) I’d take Kelly in a heartbeat, lol.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

That being said (and another caveat (this report is complete BS)) I’d take Kelly in a heartbeat, lol.

You've made clear your hatred for Kelly on this forum, so I had to ask. I'm taking this report with a grain of salt as well. I hope Harbaugh sticks around. 

• 4 weeks later...

looks like a member of the Wolverine staff headed to LA with Harbaugh.  

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2024/1/29/24054210/michigan-wolverines-college-football-ben-herbert-leaving-jim-harbaugh-nfl-los-angeles-chargers

Not sure of the impact, but day prior Sherrone Moore felt confident UM would retain him.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2024/1/27/24052823/michigan-football-sherrone-moore-ben-herbert-2024-jim-harbaugh

18 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

looks like a member of the Wolverine staff headed to LA with Harbaugh.  

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2024/1/29/24054210/michigan-wolverines-college-football-ben-herbert-leaving-jim-harbaugh-nfl-los-angeles-chargers

Not sure of the impact, but day prior Sherrone Moore felt confident UM would retain him.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2024/1/27/24052823/michigan-football-sherrone-moore-ben-herbert-2024-jim-harbaugh

HUGE loss.  No other way to spin it.

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I truly didn't know the impact....do you see others leaving to go with him to the Chargers?

Too early to tell but Minter and Herbert are two tremendous losses.  Obviously I expect Jay Harbaugh to also go.  Rumors are Hart is eyeing a different opportunity elsewhere also.

Hope it stops there as the transfer portal buzzards are already swarming.  Moore needs to nail his first week on the job.

Edited by temptation

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Wins?

Yes. Schedule looks pretty brutal. Not sure who they return next year in the way of talent, but coaching losses could make a significant impact. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Yes. Schedule looks pretty brutal. Not sure who they return next year in the way of talent, but coaching losses could make a significant impact. 

Uh...over.  I'd set it at 8.5 right now with the right to change my mind after the spring portal.

Five tough games (vs Texas, vs Oregon, vs USC, @ Washington, @ Ohio State) and to miss the over on 7.5 means they go 0-5...just don't see it.

I guess Fresno could be a sneaky one too.

I will stick with 9-3 for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Uh...over.  I'd set it at 8.5 right now with the right to change my mind after the spring portal.

Five tough games (vs Texas, vs Oregon, vs USC, @ Washington, @ Ohio State) and to miss the over on 7.5 means they go 0-5...just don't see it.

I guess Fresno could be a sneaky one too.

I will stick with 9-3 for now.

Does help to have Texas, USC and Oregon at home.  Road games in Columbus and Bloomington will test their mental strength, game planning and on the field execution......😉

One tough schedule.....

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Does help to have Texas, USC and Oregon at home.  Road games in Columbus and Bloomington will test their mental strength, game planning and on the field execution......😉

One tough schedule.....

Just hope the $13 million Buckeyes get dragged for their 2024 non conference schedule the same way Michigan was in 2023…

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

IMHO, Harbaugh pulled a Pete Carroll, and got out of Dodge before the sanctions.  At least in his own mind.

I think its much bigger than that....while I have absolutely been on record that I don't appreciate Harbaugh breaking college rules, I don't believe for one second the violations were anything like USC experienced.  I think if Harbaugh didn't have an excellent NFL option, he would have stayed at UM and rode out the hand slaps.  I think after nine years at UM and what they accomplished this year, he had nothing left to prove and thus pursued his dream of winning a NFL championship.  Nothing more.  

Harbaugh is a UM man through and through....Carroll had no ties to SC prior to arriving in LA.  Its my opinion (for what is worth) that the sanctions (if any with today's NCAA) will not be that serious.  

• Like 1