Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Stink at Indian Creek

15 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

D“(Coach Gillin) began being different to me (at) weightlifting class at school. He would take pictures of me in between sets to try and say I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to be doing. - I don't understand this. How would taking pictures of a kid resting between sets showing "he wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing."?

He would always call me or text me just to ask if I’m coming to after school weights. … Since our protective order got approved he hasn’t contacted me one time. - My understanding is the restraining order was against an assistant coach, not Coach Gillin. So why would Gillin not contact him after it was approved? Not saying he did or didn't contact him after; just seems weird.

If the texting assistant was HC's buddy, maybe HC engaged this strange behavior to retaliate for the parents having obtained the restraining order.  It isn't a far-fetched idea.

6 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Didn't a CG QB transfer to Indian Creak not too long ago?

Yes, and there have been several others.  No big deal.  Good kids and the transfers were not contested even though one was in the middle of the season.

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

This is starting to sound like the old Tom Cruise movie "All the right moves", Trash on the lawn, coach blackballing  player ...

As long as it includes the nude scene with Leah Thompson you can count me in.

• Haha 3

Honestly, I could care less if the kid was kicked off the team or not. He doesn't want to be at a school or football program where some pedophile was send messages to his little sister. I don't see why anyone couldn't understand that. Shame on IC for not allowing the transfer and shame on the IHSAA for not siding with the student. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vicvinegar said:

Honestly, I could care less if the kid was kicked off the team or not. He doesn't want to be at a school or football program where some pedophile was send messages to his little sister. I don't see why anyone couldn't understand that. Shame on IC for not allowing the transfer and shame on the IHSAA for not siding with the student. 

I was going to say if there ever was a transfer they should allow, this would be the one.  It always smells a little vindictive when ADs don't sign off on these.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Grover said:

As long as it includes the nude scene with Leah Thompson you can count me in.

I like where your head went with this one!

13 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I was going to say if there ever was a transfer they should allow, this would be the one.  It always smells a little vindictive when ADs don't sign off on these.

I felt the same way after reading the article. After sifting through all the weeds of extra stuff. The one thing that stumped me was 1.) why not sign off from the AD 2.) The By-Laws of IHSAA this should be one transfer that should have been allowed with the surrounding circumstances.

My 7 main conclusions with this thread.....

1. Let the kid transfer for his senior season and move on.  Do the right thing IHSAA!
  2. The title of this thread is one of the best in quite some time.  Well done Muda!
  3. Grover only made the comment about Lea Thompson given his marching band resume.
  4. Coach Nickerson failed Salvucci...no sugar coating that fact.
  5. Doyel is still a putz!
  6. Nickerson's play call one of the worst in history that directly led to Ampipe's loss at Walnut Heights.  Steph called him out for it and it cost him his senior season.  I do have to give him some credit for the 6-2 stack defense.
  7. Brian should have taken the scholly to USC.  Married student housing buddy!!

image.png.1070ce44c252adbe894703298e0fd8cd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I like where your head went with this one!

I felt the same way after reading the article. After sifting through all the weeds of extra stuff. The one thing that stumped me was 1.) why not sign off from the AD 2.) The By-Laws of IHSAA this should be one transfer that should have been allowed with the surrounding circumstances.

Its crazy. The IHSAA's starting point should always be a presumption in favor of the student having eligibility and forcing the objecting to school to overcome the presumption, but it seems they take the opposite approach. Worse yet, it is well-documented that the IHSAA administrators (ie. Paul Neidig) frequently engage in bullying tactics toward the student and parents in the appeal hearings. And by prohibiting an attorney for the student being present in the hearings, the IHSAA gets away with it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tango said:

Its crazy. The IHSAA's starting point should always be a presumption in favor of the student having eligibility and forcing the objecting to school to overcome the presumption, but it seems they take the opposite approach. Worse yet, it is well-documented that the IHSAA administrators (ie. Paul Neidig) frequently engage in bullying tactics toward the student and parents in the appeal hearings. And by prohibiting an attorney for the student being present in the hearings, the IHSAA gets away with it. 

Well, exactly who does the IHSAA ultimately represent, it's member schools or the student-athlete?  It's pretty clear it is the former, after all they are the ones who pay the IHSAA for membership and offer up their facilities for tournament games where the IHSAA gets a cut.   

20 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

1. The title of this thread is one of the best in quite some time.  Well done Muda!

Thank you. It just kind of rolls off the tongue.............

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

1. Let the kid transfer for his senior season and move on.  Do the right thing IHSAA!
  2. The title of this thread is one of the best in quite some time.  Well done Muda!
  3. Grover only made the comment about Lea Thompson given his marching band resume.
  4. Coach Nickerson failed Salvucci...no sugar coating that fact.
  5. Doyel is still a putz!
  6. Nickerson's play call one of the worst in history that directly led to Ampipe's loss at Walnut Heights.  Steph called him out for it and it cost him his senior season.  I do have to give him some credit for the 6-2 stack defense.
  7. Brian should have taken the scholly to USC.  Married student housing buddy!!

image.png.1070ce44c252adbe894703298e0fd8cd.png

#1 seems like the most obvious thing ever! Seriously, I wonder what IC's motivation would be for not signing off on the transfer?? Seems extremely petty from an outsiders perspective

#6 - Always thought this was the most under-rated part of the movie. As a Coach, you got to own up to the fact you totally blew it. His reaction and facial expression after he sent the play call in tells the story. Coach totally blew the end of the game and blamed the kids for it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

So if you could care less then you still kinda care. I gotta go 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Well, exactly who does the IHSAA ultimately represent, it's member schools or the student-athlete?  It's pretty clear it is the former, after all they are the ones who pay the IHSAA for membership and offer up their facilities for tournament games where the IHSAA gets a cut. 

I get it. The IHSAA is an association made up of member schools (who have no alternative association to choose from),  yet the IHSAA's "mission", promos and marketing would lead one to conclude they are there for the kids. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

Once again…”well-documented” and “frequently”…show us.

Why can't anyone answer the ELEPHANT in the room ...if all this went down the way the article portrays (smashed mailbox, inappropriate texts, clashing with Head Coach, etc...) - WHY ON EARTH WOULD IC NOT sign off on the transfer and just be done with the whole situation??? 

It makes absolutely no sense ...something doesn't add up. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jets said:

Why can't anyone answer the ELEPHANT in the room ...if all this went down the way the article portrays (smashed mailbox, inappropriate texts, clashing with Head Coach, etc...) - WHY ON EARTH WOULD IC NOT sign off on the transfer and just be done with the whole situation??? 

It makes absolutely no sense ...something doesn't add up. 

Somebody is lying…

30 minutes ago, jets said:

It makes absolutely no sense ...something doesn't add up

You can only add if you have like terms. As @Donnie Baker would say STATE LAW! and also an Indiana State Standard

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Once again…”well-documented” and “frequently”…show us.

In previous articles, Doyle cites CRP / court decisions where these kinds of findings have been made.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/02/23/ihsaa-transfer-process-under-fire-claims-bullying-being-unprofessional-indiana-eligibility-review/6751342002/

You may consider Doyle to be a "hack" but he's read transcripts of IHSAA appeal and CRP hearings. Have you?  

18 minutes ago, tango said:

In previous articles, Doyle cites CRP / court decisions where these kinds of findings have been made.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/02/23/ihsaa-transfer-process-under-fire-claims-bullying-being-unprofessional-indiana-eligibility-review/6751342002/

You may consider Doyle to be a "hack" but he's read transcripts of IHSAA appeal and CRP hearings. Have you?  

Nope.  But I don’t have to.  How many transfer requests are made to the IHSAA annually?  How many result in the IHSAA “bullying” (your words)?

My guess is that either you don’t know the meaning of the term “frequent” or your head is just in the sand.

Hundreds of transfer requests are granted/denied annually and very few are huge ordeals that spark public outrage.  You’re attempting to paint something as the norm with limited evidence…which is so 2023.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Nope.  But I don’t have to.  How many transfer requests are made to the IHSAA annually?  How many result in the IHSAA “bullying” (your words)?

My guess is that either you don’t know the meaning of the term “frequent” or your head is just in the sand.

Hundreds of transfer requests are granted/denied annually and very few are huge ordeals that spark public outrage.  You’re attempting to paint something as the norm with limited evidence…which is so 2023.

Can we agree that one kid getting screwed over is too many?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Can we agree that one kid getting screwed over is too many?  

Yes, zero doubt.  I am 100% in the camp that the ordeal discussed in this thread is wrong and that the kid deserves better.

I just have a problem when people trot out idioms and try to place norms with limited/no evidence.

As I said earlier, from our keyboards its easy to sit here and claim we could do the job of the IHSAA better than they could...