HNAC Week 4

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:
Friday, Sep. 8
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Culver at West Central, 7 pm
North Judson at Knox ©, 8 pm
Pioneer at Caston ©, 7 pm
Winamac at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm

In my humble opinion, this week will determine who wins the HNAC.  Big game in Knox!

Bremen at Triton: Both teams have met LaVille and have managed to coral them a little. Triton by 6 and Breman by 7. I think the difference going into this week was last week's games. One won 35-0 and the other 30-14 to a team that in my opinion should not have scored two touchdowns on Trition.  Bremen 23 Triton 14

Culver at West Central: Culver is 0-3, West Central is 3-0. No team sees a common opponent on the schedule yet. Culver has had a terrible time in the first half having played North Judson and Knox. West Central has play teams with a combined record of 2-7 overall. Culver playing teams with a combined 6-3 records. Culver is going to get on track here but it will likely be a close one. Culver 30 West Central 25

North Judson at Knox: This should be everyones game of the week and if not I want whatever you're having. Knox and Judson both are known for their size. Judson just had a hard-fought game against Culver Military Academy and it makes me wonder about health, as I saw before it's been an issue. I think this could come down to who can score the most 2-point conversations when they score. I think when it comes down to it Knox has the better skill guys that are healthy and take it in a close one.  North Judson 22 Knox 24

Pioneer at Caston: We now get to where I think some teams have an easier game. Pioneer is coming off a tough loss where I honestly think they had a shot until the 3rd when their Freshman Saftey picked the ball off then they fumbled the next play. Pioneer is looking for blood and sadly Caston is next. I don't think they start off as slow as they did against Winamac. Pioneer 35 Caston 6

Winamac at LaVille: comingLaVille coming off another win faces a team that has not won this year and has only produced 14 points this season through 3 games. LaVille wont allow a score while they manage to score on whatever play they want. Winamac 0 LaVille 56

Bremen at Triton- This should be good game. Triton squeaks this one out. 28-20
Culver at West Central-  Culver has a chance of winning 2 games. It's this one or the Winamac game. Still think WC wins here. 28-7
North Judson at Knox- Even though Judson doesn't have the depth it's had in the past, i think they pull it out again. 26-20
Pioneer at Caston- Pioneer gets back in the win column. 35-14
Winamac at LaVille-Snoozer of the week. 41-0

We’ll I don’t consider myself an excuse make and have alway preached the next man up mentally when a player gets injured.  But for Triton,  it’s getting ridiculous!  Let’s recap the players they’ve lost since last year:

Senior all state running back- decided not to play 

senior starting center out season torn mcl

senior starting middle backer out for season lacerated kidney car accident 

junior 2 way starter fullback/ outside linebacker broken wrist out for season 

senior qb and all state safety out at least Bremen game for injury

for a 1a school to lose upper class men is huge!  The difference between 1st string and 2 nd string players is huge.  Some 2nd string players bodies are not ready let alone mentally!  Anyways it happens and is part of the game but really sucks for these seniors who will never play football again!

1 hour ago, Oldschool said:

We’ll I don’t consider myself an excuse make and have alway preached the next man up mentally when a player gets injured.  But for Triton,  it’s getting ridiculous!  Let’s recap the players they’ve lost since last year:

for a 1a school to lose upper class men is huge!  The difference between 1st string and 2 nd string players is huge.  Some 2nd string players bodies are not ready let alone mentally!  Anyways it happens and is part of the game but really sucks for these seniors who will never play football again!

What happened to Shively? 

2 hours ago, Oldschool said:

We’ll I don’t consider myself an excuse maker and have always preached the next man up mentally when a player gets injured.  But for Triton,  it’s getting ridiculous!  Let’s recap the players they’ve lost since last year:

Bremen at Triton- Going Bremen here after all of the injury talk above. 
Culver at West Central-  Trojans and its not going to be close.
Judson at Knox- Gotta go with the Knox football team. The backs run hard, the lines are large and they have depth for days. 
Pioneer at Caston- Panthers 
Winamac at LaVille- Lancers

Bremen at Triton - With Triton's QB (safety) and fullback (linebacker) out of commission, the Trojans don't stand a chance in this one.  Add the motivation from the passing of Bremen's long-time football coach Don Bunge, and this has the makings of a rout.  I see a running clock before it's all done.  Maybe a late score by Triton.  Bremen 42-6

Culver at West Central - Culver isn't very good.  The Trojans have begun the season with some momentum, winning their first three.  I think WC takes this comfortably.  West Central 28-8

North Judson at Knox - Definitely the game of the week!  And I think it's the conference game of the season.  Long-time rivals vying for bragging rights AND a conference title.  All the makings of a classic high school football battle!  My gut says the Redskins finally play up to their potential as a 3A school and hold off the Jays for the win.  Knox solidifies themselves as the conference front-runner in their final season.  Knox 21-14

Pioneer at Caston - The Comets have a decent defensive front, and their inside backers move well and bring the hammer.  But the execution of the Pioneer offense will wear them down and eventually break things open.  Not a blowout until the second half.  But I'm taking the Panthers.  Pioneer 33-14

Winamac at LaVille - Allen or no Allen...  no problem for the Lancers in this one.  No way the Warriors will be able to execute 80 yard drives, which is required against LaVille.  The Lancers run away with this one.  LaVille 45-0

37 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Bremen at Triton - With Triton's QB (safety) and fullback (linebacker) out of commission, the Trojans don't stand a chance in this one.  Add the motivation from the passing of Bremen's long-time football coach Don Bunge, and this has the makings of a rout.  I see a running clock before it's all done.  Maybe a late score by Triton.  Bremen 42-6

Culver at West Central - Culver isn't very good.  The Trojans have begun the season with some momentum, winning their first three.  I think WC takes this comfortably.  West Central 28-8

North Judson at Knox - Definitely the game of the week!  And I think it's the conference game of the season.  Long-time rivals vying for bragging rights AND a conference title.  All the makings of a classic high school football battle!  My gut says the Redskins finally play up to their potential as a 3A school and hold off the Jays for the win.  Knox solidifies themselves as the conference front-runner in their final season.  Knox 21-14

Pioneer at Caston - The Comets have a decent defensive front, and their inside backers move well and bring the hammer.  But the execution of the Pioneer offense will wear them down and eventually break things open.  Not a blowout until the second half.  But I'm taking the Panthers.  Pioneer 33-14

Winamac at LaVille - Allen or no Allen...  no problem for the Lancers in this one.  No way the Warriors will be able to execute 80 yard drives, which is required against LaVille.  The Lancers run away with this one.  LaVille 45-0

Your Triton boys have too much pride to let this game get away. I expect a fight. It’s a dang shame the injury bug hit. Rest up and refocus for conference games. 

Me personally the culver west central game is going to be an absolute blowout. Culver is a young teem with little experience and a new coach. They also have not won a game yet. West central on the other hand is coming 3-0. There starters haven't had to play a whole game in the past 2 weeks. Keep in mind this is also a veteran trojan team with 8 seniors starting on offense and 7 on defense.

On 9/5/2023 at 9:22 AM, FinePrint said:
Friday, Sep. 8
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Culver at West Central, 7 pm
North Judson at Knox ©, 8 pm
Pioneer at Caston ©, 7 pm
Winamac at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm

In my humble opinion, this week will determine who wins the HNAC.  Big game in Knox!

If Shively plays I think Triton could at least keep the score respectable,  without him it’s a green hurricane coming!  With Bunge motivation and wanting to make up for last years beat down,  it could get ugly!

with Shively Bremen 28-14

without Shively Bremen 42-7

west Central 28-13

Knox in a close game 27-20

Pioneer 28-13

Laville 42-6

Culver at West Central

Watched the Culver vs Knox game and Culver is very young. I think that hurts Culver immensely in this game. West Central is keeping things going this week and get the win. West Central 35 Culver 12

NJSP at Knox

One of 2 games to watch tonight. Knox is the favorite and will have that home field advantage. But it will be the battle of the defenses. If the Jays are at full strength this week, I can see it being a different game. I think it will be a close game but I am going with the home team in this game. Knox 21 Jays 14

Pioneer at Caston

I was thoroughly impressed with Caston's senior linebackers last week. They were the playmakers against Triton. If Caston can limit their mistakes, it will be a much different ball game. But Pioneer will be ready and focused as they always are. Pioneer takes the dub. Pioneer 42 Caston 6

Winamac at LaVille

Not much to say in this one. Winamac has been underwhelming to watch and LaVille capitalizes. LaVille 49 Winamac 0

Bremen at Triton

The injury plague has hit Triton really hard. I think Coach Whit stays with the gameplan and that is controlling the clock. I think no matter who is under center tonight that is the philosophy that is going to be stuck to. On the other hand, Bremen will come out on their first drive and try to kill any momentum. Bremen is out for blood. Bremen has shown that they can score quick with their passing game. The Trojans will have to play smart ball of they want to have any chance. Unfortunately I am not going to pick a winner in this because there is so much uncertainty in this game that it is really hard to determine what is going to happen. 

34 minutes ago, Trojan67 said:

Culver at West Central

Watched the Culver vs Knox game and Culver is very young. I think that hurts Culver immensely in this game. West Central is keeping things going this week and get the win. West Central 35 Culver 12

NJSP at Knox

One of 2 games to watch tonight. Knox is the favorite and will have that home field advantage. But it will be the battle of the defenses. If the Jays are at full strength this week, I can see it being a different game. I think it will be a close game but I am going with the home team in this game. Knox 21 Jays 14

Pioneer at Caston

I was thoroughly impressed with Caston's senior linebackers last week. They were the playmakers against Triton. If Caston can limit their mistakes, it will be a much different ball game. But Pioneer will be ready and focused as they always are. Pioneer takes the dub. Pioneer 42 Caston 6

Winamac at LaVille

Not much to say in this one. Winamac has been underwhelming to watch and LaVille capitalizes. LaVille 49 Winamac 0

Bremen at Triton

The injury plague has hit Triton really hard. I think Coach Whit stays with the gameplan and that is controlling the clock. I think no matter who is under center tonight that is the philosophy that is going to be stuck to. On the other hand, Bremen will come out on their first drive and try to kill any momentum. Bremen is out for blood. Bremen has shown that they can score quick with their passing game. The Trojans will have to play smart ball of they want to have any chance. Unfortunately I am not going to pick a winner in this because there is so much uncertainty in this game that it is really hard to determine what is going to happen. 

I really hope Shively plays. At the same time, this is a non-conference game and no sense in putting him out their if he can get hurt further. 

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

I really hope Shively plays. At the same time, this is a non-conference game and no sense in putting him out their if he can get hurt further. 

Shively posted on social media this morning that he would not be playing tonight.  Bremen by 35.

Where do these weeks go . . . #4 already!

Here's my 2 cents . . . .

Bremen at Triton - With the late news re: Triton's QB not playing, Lions probably post a shut out.

Culver at West Central - West Central will fare well over the Cavs.

North Judson at Knox - Agreed . . .  Game of the Week among HNAC games this week.  I'd definitely say it is one of the conference games of the season, but not necessarily 'THE' conference game of the season.  Still think there are a couple other games that can be in that category. Biggest question is will this Knox team play up to potential.   I think the Redskins will win in a tight game.  Don't be surprised if this one goes OT to decide a winner.

Pioneer at Caston - The Panthers are looking to pick things up again.  This is a young and athletic group I watched play toe-to-toe with LaVille for a half of football.  Caston will hang, but Pioneer pulls away in the second half.

Winamac at LaVille - I read that Allen has been cleared to play Friday against Winamac.  A bonus for LaVille is that the passing game was brought to life last week against Pioneer.  The Lancers have themselves a couple good receivers and now with Allen back, if the new coach can continue LaVille on a good balance of run and pass, this will turn out to be a running clock to start the second half.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Extremely proud of Triton last night!  Down 5 starters including their do everything QB, they battled and had the ball at midfield with 2:30 to go to tie game!  They didn’t get it done but this proved that the culture at Triton has changed!  A typical Triton team would have given up after getting down 2 scores.  This team fought even though they were short handed.  As players start to get healthy,  watch out for Triton!

Just a note on Caston-Pioneer game

Pioneer led 21-0 at half and 35-0 with running clock in 4th as Caston punched one in.  Really was impressed with Caston linebackers, thought they played their tails off.  Made play after play.  Score not indicative of how well that group played.