Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My "OH MY" Teams of the Week!

MY "OH MY" Teams of the week are all the teams in the Hoosier Conf., except Hamilton Heights and West Lafayette.  When WL lost to Harrison 42-6, it looked like WL might not be as great this year as they were in past years..  It looks like you don't have to be that good to beat most of the teams in the Hoosier Conf.  There used to be a lot of good teams,  like Tipton and Rensselaer, in the Hoosier.  Tipton had not scored a point the last two weeks and LCC has only scored 7 points the last two weeks. WL has beaten LCC the last 7 years.  WL only beat LCC 37-7 this year.  That is one point better than last year when WL won 52-21.  Rensselaer, Benton Central and Tipton, OH MY!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tippy said:

MY "OH MY" Teams of the week are all the teams in the Hoosier Conf., except Hamilton Heights and West Lafayette.  When WL lost to Harrison 42-6, it looked like WL might not be as great this year as they were in past years..  It looks like you don't have to be that good to beat most of the teams in the Hoosier Conf.  There used to be a lot of good teams,  like Tipton and Rensselaer, in the Hoosier.  Tipton had not scored a point the last two weeks and LCC has only scored 7 points the last two weeks. WL has beaten LCC the last 7 years.  WL only beat LCC 37-7 this year.  That is one point better than last year when WL won 52-21.  Rensselaer, Benton Central and Tipton, OH MY!

This 7 yr stretch may now hold the record for the longest losing streak to WL in Lcc history... previously held by Lcc 70-75??  As for the HC.. all that's left is to determine who gets WL... Western or HH.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

This 7 yr stretch may now hold the record for the longest losing streak to WL in Lcc history... previously held by Lcc 70-75??  As for the HC.. all that's left is to determine who gets WL... Western or HH.....

The record is 12 years from 1977-1988.  Most of those games in the 1970's and 80's against WL were competitive.  The games the last 7 years have not been close.  HH will probably get WL.  Maybe Indy Lutheran should play WL this year, that would be a good game.

12 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

who gets WL... Western or HH

Entire conference seems down this year. Lost a lot of studs, both football and wrestling. HH graduated everyone from 170 up. Jordan Cree was a huge graduation for Rensselaer in both sports. Skill players are having to step up and prove themselves without the horses.

11 hours ago, Tippy said:

The record is 12 years from 1977-1988.  Most of those games in the 1970's and 80's against WL were competitive.  The games the last 7 years have not been close.  HH will probably get WL.  Maybe Indy Lutheran should play WL this year, that would be a good game.

So... Lcc was 1-19 in a 20yr stretch vrs WL.. the lone win in double OT... looks like the new normal to me...

12 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Entire conference seems down this year. Lost a lot of studs, both football and wrestling. HH graduated everyone from 170 up. Jordan Cree was a huge graduation for Rensselaer in both sports. Skill players are having to step up and prove themselves without the horses.

Def a.. Whers The Beef.. yr in the HC... jus by the Transitive property of FB.. and a beefier sched for Western so far... unlike Tippy .. id give the edge to Western vrs HH.. should b a good game tho... darn ole intangibles will likly decide this one.... lol

19 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Def a.. Whers The Beef.. yr in the HC... jus by the Transitive property of FB.. and a beefier sched for Western so far... unlike Tippy .. id give the edge to Western vrs HH.. should b a good game tho... darn ole intangibles will likly decide this one.... lol

I agree, but it's hard to pick against your hometown team. 

On 9/10/2023 at 2:36 PM, Tippy said:

Tipton is incredibly young. It also didn’t help that they lost their QB Vince Hoover for the season as well as their best offensive weapon Zay Mahaney to a torn labrum. Tipton will be back on the rise after this season. They’ll return 19 starters, get Mahaney back and bring in a loaded 8th grade group. 

4 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

So... Lcc was 1-19 in a 20yr stretch vrs WL.. the lone win in double OT... looks like the new normal to me...

From 1971-1990 LCC was 2-18 vrs WL.  LCC won in 1976 and 1989.  This normal is worse than the last normal.  Check out the scores!

1977 - WL 7 LCC 0

1978 - WL 29 LCC 6

1979 - WL 21 LCC 6

1980 - WL 13 LCC 0

1981 - WL 22 LCC 0

1982 - WL 14 LCC 0

1983 - WL 33 LCC 6  (LCC 0-10 in 1983)

1984 - WL 60 LCC 0

1985 - WL 35 LCC 6

1986 - WL 20 LCC 0

1987 - WL 31 LCC 13

1988 - WL 23 LCC 6

2017 - WL 49 LCC 0

2018 - WL 34 LCC 0

2019 - WL 50 LCC 0

2020 - WL 47 LCC 14

2021 - WL 43 LCC 7

2022 - WL 52 LCC 21

2023 - WL 37 LCC 7

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

Tipton is incredibly young. It also didn’t help that they lost their QB Vince Hoover for the season as well as their best offensive weapon Zay Mahaney to a torn labrum. Tipton will be back on the rise after this season. They’ll return 19 starters, get Mahaney back and bring in a loaded 8th grade group. 

I hope so!  Its not much fun when WL beats everyone in the Conf. by 30+ points.  LCC/Tipton should be a good game.  With both teams 1-3, nobody is going to say much about the game

32 minutes ago, Tippy said:

From 1971-1990 LCC was 2-18 vrs WL.  LCC won in 1976 and 1989.  This normal is worse than the last normal.  Check out the scores!

1977 - WL 7 LCC 0

1978 - WL 29 LCC 6

1979 - WL 21 LCC 6

1980 - WL 13 LCC 0

1981 - WL 22 LCC 0

1982 - WL 14 LCC 0

1983 - WL 33 LCC 6  (LCC 0-10 in 1983)

1984 - WL 60 LCC 0

1985 - WL 35 LCC 6

1986 - WL 20 LCC 0

1987 - WL 31 LCC 13

1988 - WL 23 LCC 6

2017 - WL 49 LCC 0

2018 - WL 34 LCC 0

2019 - WL 50 LCC 0

2020 - WL 47 LCC 14

2021 - WL 43 LCC 7

2022 - WL 52 LCC 21

2023 - WL 37 LCC 7

I would suggest it's more a reflection of rule changes than anything else... the typically less Beefier team has Way fewer TOOLS these days... to even out the line play... places a premium on creativity, timing, anticipation.... ect

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

I would suggest it's more a reflection of rule changes than anything else... the typically less Beefier team has Way fewer TOOLS these days... to even out the line play... places a premium on creativity, timing, anticipation.... ect

Or jus wait for the next Gen to come on line..all together.. with a huge athletic line and 8 Anthrops... 😆

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Or jus wait for the next Gen to come on line..all together.. with a huge athletic line and 8 Anthrops... 😆

How many children does Danny Anthrop have?  Maybe he will have about 5 boys and Jackson can have 5 boys.  That's what its going to take for LCC to beat WL.

10 minutes ago, Tippy said:

How many children does Danny Anthrop have?  Maybe he will have about 5 boys and Jackson can have 5 boys.  That's what its going to take for LCC to beat WL.

That lil school has an amazing gene pool.... ther a reason they ended a Fantastic Jeff Teams 29 yr sec streak n were a breath away from 2 final 4s in one class hoops tourney... n daughters keep changing ther names!    getting a group together is the hard part ... esp for FB!! Take a look at names for 69.. 99.. 09.. 39? 49?? 🤣

3 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

That lil school has an amazing gene pool.... ther a reason they ended a Fantastic Jeff Teams 29 yr sec streak n were a breath away from 2 final 4s in one class hoops tourney... n daughters keep changing ther names!    getting a group together is the hard part ... esp for FB!! Take a look at names for 69.. 99.. 09.. 39? 49?? 🤣

The group of guys that were part of the four-peat teams have kids that are getting old enough to play youth ball.  My wife ran in to a family the other day that's transferring into the parish from one of the other area parishes and recognized the name as a kid that I coached in youth ball back in 2002.  One of the other kids from that same group just had his 4th kid last season.  Not sure about the Anthrops, but there's definitely names on that squad who had family members whose names also echoed on Friday night ... and probably some coming up the ranks.

On 9/12/2023 at 7:56 PM, foxbat said:

The group of guys that were part of the four-peat teams have kids that are getting old enough to play youth ball.  My wife ran in to a family the other day that's transferring into the parish from one of the other area parishes and recognized the name as a kid that I coached in youth ball back in 2002.  One of the other kids from that same group just had his 4th kid last season.  Not sure about the Anthrops, but there's definitely names on that squad who had family members whose names also echoed on Friday night ... and probably some coming up the ranks.

I'll circle 2029... 🤗😉🤭😁

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:36 PM, Tippy said:

It feels like a down year for a lot of teams across the state. I've been paying attention to a lot of teams in the northern part of the state for 2A. Feels more wide open than it ever has. Other than Chatard in 3A, 1A and 3A feel kind of feel the same way. Could make for a great first couple of rounds of sectionals to start the playoffs. Hard to believe we're already on the back half of the regular season after this week. The years keep going by faster and faster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

It feels like a down year for a lot of teams across the state. I've been paying attention to a lot of teams in the northern part of the state for 2A. Feels more wide open than it ever has. Other than Chatard in 3A, 1A and 3A feel kind of feel the same way. Could make for a great first couple of rounds of sectionals to start the playoffs. Hard to believe we're already on the back half of the regular season after this week. The years keep going by faster and faster.

Agree... still seems like alotta the the same suspects... tho not as strong... the Zebras and Knights appear to on a collision course again... not sure... but think a Zebra win puts Lcc in 1A??

On 9/15/2023 at 7:33 PM, BendNotBreak said:

Agree... still seems like alotta the the same suspects... tho not as strong... the Zebras and Knights appear to on a collision course again... not sure... but think a Zebra win puts Lcc in 1A??

Yes, only way LCC would stay up with a Zebra win would be enrollment. I feel like someone has said LCC is approaching that 1A and 2A enrollment line, but could have misread.

12 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Yes, only way LCC would stay up with a Zebra win would be enrollment. I feel like someone has said LCC is approaching that 1A and 2A enrollment line, but could have misread.

Last classification, LCC was around the size of North Decatur and Covington.  Last classification they were around 296 with around 25 teams above that in 1A.  There are still schools like Adams Central, Park Tudor,  Parke Heritage, and South Adams that are likely to end up in 2A by enrollment before LCC.  At one time, LCC and Pioneer used to be right next to each other when they laid out the enrollments, but Pioneer's pulled ahead a little ... although there are still about 20 teams higher than Pioneer.

• Like 1