Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mr. Football Favorites?

Who are some players in the running for Mr. Football currently? I know Garrett Sherrell for Brownsburg seems to be filling up the stat sheet against some of the best competition in the state. Through 5 games he has 129 carries for 1049 yards and 13 TDs. Averaging 8.1 yards a carry. To go along with 3 catches for 144 yards and 2 additional TDs.  Thoughts?

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

I'd say Josh Ringer RB East Central is probably the early front runner. On pace for a 2500+ yard season and 50+ TDs. Plays on arguably the best team regardless of class that should go 15-0 en route to a 4A state championship.

Fair. He definitely will have the opportunity to fill up the stat sheet against some of the competition they will play throughout conference play now, as well. I don't think I am taking EC over BD, Burg, or CG though. 

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

4 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Fair. He definitely will have the opportunity to fill up the stat sheet against some of the competition they will play throughout conference play now, as well. I don't think I am taking EC over BD, Burg, or CG though. 

Don't know if EC could handle the grind of the 6A tournament nor should they be expected too with 1270 kids. But in a one off game who knows? I think they're the real deal this year and Ringer is special.

Would have to think Cherry, Sherrell, or Gotkowski who are all the perceived best players on the three best 6A teams will probably command some attention assuming one of those teams win 6A. 

Danny O'Neil Cathedral was probably the front runner coming into the season and while he has put up some good numbers, likely doesn't have the the team to make a run this year. 

Is Ian Moore disqualified as a result of being an offensive lineman?

Is Braunte Johnson disqualified since North Side isn't as good as expected? They're averaging 54 points per game since moving him from WR to QB. It's hard to overlook something like that when talking "Mr. Football," especially considering he's going to Notre Dame as a DB. Talk about a kid who can do it all. 

Then you have Indiana's top ranked player and 18th in the nation, Mylan Graham, who's a major role in New Haven's best team ever. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:59 AM, BTF said:

Is Braunte Johnson disqualified since North Side isn't as good as expected? They're averaging 54 points per game since moving him from WR to QB. It's hard to overlook something like that when talking "Mr. Football," especially considering he's going to Notre Dame as a DB. Talk about a kid who can do it all. 

Then you have Indiana's top ranked player and 18th in the nation, Mylan Graham, who's a major role in New Haven's best team ever. 

Braunte is playing qb? I must have missed that!

17 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Braunte is playing qb? I must have missed that!

He will be a sat machine the rest of their schedule  since they have the "weak" part of their schedule coming up.  Dates with Luers and Wayne will test them and as soon as someone loads the box and forces him to throw they will run into trouble.  They will be done once they run into Snider as they will get THOROUGHLY outcoached in every aspect of the game.  So in short, I don't think Tae should be in ANY Mr Football conversation......Especially playing in the same area as Mylan.  Seen both in person and Mylan is CLEARLY the better player all around.

Edited by NE8_Fan

On 9/18/2023 at 10:59 AM, BTF said:

Needs to play FB and pad the stats with at least five touchdowns.

1 minute ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Needs to play FB and pad the stats with at least five touchdowns.

I could probably look this up, but I'm too lazy - who won the Mr. Football award the year Cutler was a senior?? Talk about egg-on-face....future NFL QB with a long career and doesn't even win a State award?? 

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of that happening - but not at a spotlight position like QB

5 minutes ago, jets said:

I could probably look this up, but I'm too lazy - who won the Mr. Football award the year Cutler was a senior?? Talk about egg-on-face....future NFL QB with a long career and doesn't even win a State award?? 

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of that happening - but not at a spotlight position like QB

Otis Shannon of Cathedral…on the Temp’s “man what could’ve been list.”

13 minutes ago, jets said:

Maybe they gave it to the guy blocking for him 🙂

31 minutes ago, jets said:

Any chance he had of winning it after dominating Roncalli and scrubs from Southridge was likely squandered away after an abissmal state championship game (as a QB). I think he still holds the 3A finals record for 21 or 22 tackles as a strong safety.

Rumor has it that Illinois pulled his scholarship after the state game...

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

He did have two NFL offensive lineman. But Otis at the time broke the state rushing record the year he won and likely would have added to it had they not been upset early in sectionals. 

I thought Otis Shannon and James Banks walked on water and were destined for NFL careers.