Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

21 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Bosse, Mater Dei, Memorial, VL, 

Harrison, Reitz, Central, North, Jasper

Team with over 1000 students on one side. Smaller schools in another. Too much work for AD to schedule outside of conference? Is why we are locked in current model. 

Forgot Castle... that's why enrollment based doesn't work real well..

Edited by tango

31 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

AP Week 6:

5A:

11. North

14. Castle

4A:

3. Reitz (1)

4. Memorial

3A:

14. VL

North and Castle ranks are probably accurate, or close. 

Vincennes should be higher. Definitely a top 10 3A team. 

Reitz wins by 62 points and drops a spot? And they got a first place vote while the new #2 didn’t? Interesting.

If I am Jasper I would drop Bosse and Harrison in a heartbeat and replace with HH and Southridge. The visiting fan gate receipts would be substantially different. 

While an EVSC non-EVSC split would be easy, only North and Reitz really have fan bases that goes to away games. 

My vote would be a football only split on Hwy 41.
East: Jasper, Castle, Harrison, Memorial, Bosse. 

West: North, Central, Vincennes, Reitz, MD

I would imagine there would still be teams that would schedule 2-3  crossover games (Mem-MD, VL-Jasper, Reitz-Castle, etc) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

If I am Jasper I would drop Bosse and Harrison in a heartbeat and replace with HH and Southridge. The visiting fan gate receipts would be substantially different. 

While an EVSC non-EVSC split would be easy, only North and Reitz really have fan bases that goes to away games. 

My vote would be a football only split on Hwy 41.
East: Jasper, Castle, Harrison, Memorial, Bosse. 

West: North, Central, Vincennes, Reitz, MD

I would imagine there would still be teams that would schedule 2-3  crossover games (Mem-MD, VL-Jasper, Reitz-Castle, etc) 

This requires AD effort.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This requires AD effort.

There's a school or two who want divisions. The problem is the EVSC bottom dwellers at least get good gate receipts when they play the schools like MD, Memorial, Jasper and Castle. They would never be able to find opponents who could bring the fans those 4 schools do, year in and year out.    

I saw the Courier put out their midseason player of the year list. For the SIAC, at this point it has to be Elijah Wagner or Roland Vera Jr right? Wagner has a great case due to the total yards and ability to break one at anytime, but the team record isn’t good. Vera has a great case due to how dynamic he is for them and they’re undefeated. I think Harris from Castle and Hunt from Vincennes will be right in the running too. Maybe even Broshears as the anchor of a very strong Memorial defense. I think it will be a tough call by end of season. 

7 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Great news to hear, did he do something to his Knee last week?

Nothing apparent during the game. He played every snap without any obvious injury. They did say on the news that it was likely a meniscus, which would make sense given the short time frame for recovery. 

On 9/21/2023 at 4:00 PM, tango said:

Aren't they all? Who wins unlimited vote "awards" is usually just a function of who has the most time to keep hitting "Return to Poll"...

This is true and why it's unfair for the privates as who has time for contests when you are out there trying to pay for tuition!

• Haha 1

Reactions after week 6:

- Mater Dei continues to struggle. I think Bosse beats them. Honestly don't think they'll beat North Posey this time in sectionals.

- North is looking good. I expect them to win 2 of their last 3, maybe even at Jasper. Unfortunately, VL does not have their QB or else I think VL would win that. North will end up 7-2 or 6-3 which amazingly would be their best regular season record since the '07-'08 season.

- Memorial struggled with Bosse. I was not surprised by that because Bosse might be the best 1 win team around, but I was surprised by how close Bosse was to actually winning the game. Obviously the Memorial offense is not the same without their key guys, that's obvious, but it seemed like their defense struggled with the Bosse speed. I think Bosse can beat MD and Harrison to end up 3-6. 

- Most impressive feat from week 6? Has to be Reitz only allowing 12 yards to the high-scoring Castle offense in the 2nd half after being down at half. Great teams persevere and they did it in a big way. Castle is better than their 3-3 record but they need to get healthy and figure some things out.

- Continue to be in awe about how bad Central and Harrison are struggling. The matchup between them is very interesting because it is so difficult to analyze who will win.

- Jasper is playing good football. They will be dangerous in the sectional.

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Reactions after week 6:

- Mater Dei continues to struggle. I think Bosse beats them. Honestly don't think they'll beat North Posey this time in sectionals.

- North is looking good. I expect them to win 2 of their last 3, maybe even at Jasper. Unfortunately, VL does not have their QB or else I think VL would win that. North will end up 7-2 or 6-3 which amazingly would be their best regular season record since the '07-'08 season.

- Memorial struggled with Bosse. I was not surprised by that because Bosse might be the best 1 win team around, but I was surprised by how close Bosse was to actually winning the game. Obviously the Memorial offense is not the same without their key guys, that's obvious, but it seemed like their defense struggled with the Bosse speed. I think Bosse can beat MD and Harrison to end up 3-6. 

- Most impressive feat from week 6? Has to be Reitz only allowing 12 yards to the high-scoring Castle offense in the 2nd half after being down at half. Great teams persevere and they did it in a big way. Castle is better than their 3-3 record but they need to get healthy and figure some things out.

- Continue to be in awe about how bad Central and Harrison are struggling. The matchup between them is very interesting because it is so difficult to analyze who will win.

- Jasper is playing good football. They will be dangerous in the sectional.

Now do Vincennes!