Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A North,

12 hours ago, PantherPride said:

Northwood’s run defense is going to have to improve. But I felt like Jimtown did nearly everything they could do as far as trying to slow the game down and it was 36-8 going into the 4th.  I’m not ready to make any predictions about making it to Indy but Tuggle is going to make a lot of guys look bad this year.  And with him and Edmond, it will be very difficult on defenses.

If NorthWood's run defense is their weak point, then Ringer and Brotherton shouldn't have a problem.

6 minutes ago, PantherPride said:

Yes we’ll see. Northwood graduated a lot of players from last year on defense. I won’t say it’s a “weak point” just yet after 1 game.  But yes there is definitely work to be done there. 

Does Edmond play both ways?

2 hours ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

Sectional 19 will be a dog fight. East Noble, Leo, New Haven, and Wayne could all be considered a favorite at this point. Dwenger could be right up there. Don't sleep on South Side. Not sure about Angola and Dekalb. 

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Sectional 19 will be a dog fight. East Noble, Leo, New Haven, and Wayne could all be considered a favorite at this point. Dwenger could be right up there. Don't sleep on South Side. Not sure about Angola and Dekalb. 

Yeah it will def be a dogfight, but I honestly don't see Dwenger being a huge factor if at all.  This is a big talent year for NE8 teams, especially the ones in this sectional and I am having a hard time seeing where BD can match up with the likes of East Noble, Leo and New Haven and even Wayne for that matter.  Dwenger hasn't been "Dwenger" as of late under Garrett and I'm sure the Saint nation is getting restless and this years out of conference games/beatings aren't going to help morale much.  

2 hours ago, SAC_Coach said:

You may be right, you may be wrong long term. But do you realize by simply plugging them into that Sectional based on current Sagrin ratings Dwenger is the highest rated team. 

Sagarin doesnt mean squat and if you are really a coach you know that.  Their Sagarin rating is nothing more than a by product of the opponent (Brownsburg) strength they faced.......

27 minutes ago, NE8_Fan said:

Sagarin doesnt mean squat and if you are really a coach you know that.  Their Sagarin rating is nothing more than a by product of the opponent (Brownsburg) strength they faced.......

Actually, the Sagarin is pretty accurate the further into the season we go. Let's just say it's a little sketch  after Week 1, but it's certainly worth more than "squat." It starts to make more sense after Weeks 2 & 3. 

It's too early to jump on the NE8 bandwagon. Right now there are a lot of good teams, but how good only time will tell. It's hard to gauge East Noble after beating a Luers team that's probably in their bottom 10% historically as a program. We'll have a better read on them after tonight's game against Snider.  New Haven waxed the worst team in the SAC. Northrop is really bad. And we can't hardly judge Dwenger after playing, arguably, the best team in the state.

I know Dwenger is getting a bad rap, but I know this program well enough to understand that you never underestimate them when they are playing within their weight class. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

I know Dwenger is getting a bad rap, but I know this program well enough to understand that you never underestimate them when they are playing within their weight class. 

That's what I'm thinking.  I fully expect a game against Dwenger in sectionals would be just as tough if not more so that playing Columbia City.  I think Sectional 19 definitely got tougher with the change.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BTF said:

Actually, the Sagarin is pretty accurate the further into the season we go. Let's just say it's a little sketch  after Week 1, but it's certainly worth more than "squat." It starts to make more sense after Weeks 2 & 3. 

It's too early to jump on the NE8 bandwagon. Right now there are a lot of good teams, but how good only time will tell. It's hard to gauge East Noble after beating a Luers team that's probably in their bottom 10% historically as a program. We'll have a better read on them after tonight's game against Snider.  New Haven waxed the worst team in the SAC. Northrop is really bad. And we can't hardly judge Dwenger after playing, arguably, the best team in the state.

Dont worry btf. Any ne8 bandwagon is bound to crash and burn

This is Indiana football were talking about. 

Saints win that sectional just wait

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

That's the Rodney I know, you never mince words. 

I'd never underestimate an East Noble or Leo. Both are pretty good programs. East Noble has a state championship to their credit and were down at Lucas oil a short four years ago. Wayne and New Haven have a lot to prove, they haven't earned respect yet. I think the Saints will be prepared after playing Indiana's best, Ohio's second best, Snider, Carroll, and Homestead. They'll be ready for Sectional 19, regardless if this is an up year, a down year, or a sideways year. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, PantherPride said:

Northwood has been outscored 59-21 in the last 5 quarters of football. It’s laughable that it was a few weeks ago that people were saying we were a favorite to go to Indy. 

Yeah…on that crazy Facebook page some Dad was talking about how Northwood was going to take East Central apart at LOS just a couple of weeks ago,

On 8/25/2023 at 11:53 AM, Rodney said:

To be fair, the Saints got hammered by Carroll and will get hammered by Snider in a couple weeks so I am not on the Saints bandwagon. Leo and East Noble are better than Dwenger this year

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:43 AM, SAC_Coach said:

You may be right, you may be wrong long term. But do you realize by simply plugging them into that Sectional based on current Sagrin ratings Dwenger is the highest rated team. 

Dwenger would be the favorite to anyone who is being honest.  Having said that, they could EASILY lose.  The issue for the NE8 is going to be the psychological hurdle and line play.  

2 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Dwenger would be the favorite to anyone who is being honest.  Having said that, they could EASILY lose.  The issue for the NE8 is going to be the psychological hurdle and line play.  

The winner of Sectional 19 will be someone from NE8. 

• Like 1