Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

19 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Anyone heard anything about Tigers injuries? I saw info on QB . RB 1 out, maybe some oline? #3 looked to be banged up Friday. That’s rough for the tigers. Looking forward to seeing Panthers vs Tigers hope all are healthy. 

I don’t think anything too serious to be out a game besides QB/RB, but I’m not connected too much anymore so I don’t really know

15 hours ago, TitanFootball said:

Maybe all those lessons in Chicago @throwitdeep pays off for #4 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think he'll get a chance to compete for the starting spot next year if Fisher decides not to play football, but he'll be a back-up this year. 

• Like 1

Masseyrating:

Memorial (-33) at Bosse, 94% chance of victory for the Tigers

Reitz (-3) at Castle, 56% chance of victory for the Panthers

North (-6) at Mater Dei, 60% chance of victory for the Huskies

VL (-28) at Harrison, 93% chance of victory for the Warriors 

Central at Jasper (-37), 99% chance of victory for the Wildcats 

Calpreps:

Memorial (-21) at Bosse, 90% chance of victory for the Tigers 

Reitz (-12) at Castle, 77% chance of victory for the Panthers 

North (-20) at Mater Dei, 88% chance of victory for the Huskies

VL (-35) at Harrison, 98% chance of victory for the Alices

Central at Jasper (-38), 99% chance of victory for the Wildcats 

Central at Jasper - The Bears are in rough shape and Jasper continues to get better. I will take the Wildcats in a running clock game.

Memorial at Bosse - Sure, this could be a close one or an upset but I doubt it. Bosse will have trouble scoring on Memorial and I don't think they can get enough stops to stay in it. I think it remains close until late 3rd quarter or even into the 4th quarter. I will take the Tigers by 3 scores. 

North at Mater Dei - I think the Wildcats can hang around in this game for a while but will eventually just be overpowered and outmatched by North. I will take the Huskies by 3 scores.

Reitz at Castle - Definitely my game of the week here. Castle would love to bounce back after a tough loss to Vincennes last week. Reitz would love to stay undefeated and continue their win streak. Winning at Castle on their grass is a challenge, but Reitz is really good. I think the game will be closer than it should be, but I will take the Panthers by 3 scores.

Vincennes at Harrison - The Warriors have been competitive at times this season and might hang around for a half in this one. Vincennes is tough and coming off a big time program win so they will be riding a lot of momentum. I will take the Alices by 4 scores.

22 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

North at Mater Dei - I think the Wildcats can hang around in this game for a while but will eventually just be overpowered and outmatched by North. I will take the Huskies by 3 scores.

This game has been the turning point the last few years.  Recent history has been Mater Dei pulls off the 'upset' and then goes on a winning streak that ends in a deep playoff run. North loses and goes below .500 the rest of the way - including 5 straight losses in 2020. 

I'm really interested to see if it's a new era for both these teams or if its the status quo.  

Picks!

Central at Jasper

After what happened to Central last week is concerning. Jasper has begun to figure out their team now. Jasper in a running clock. 

VL at Harrison

I agree with Fanatic, Harrison has had several glimpses where they can move straight down field. I think the Warriors may score a TD or 2 in this one. But give me the Alices by 4 scores. 

Memorial at Bosse

The annual Battle of Enlow tomorrow night will be a pretty interesting game. Bosse still has the top statistical offense in the conference, while Memorial remains the top defense. Bosse’s Wagner is in the running as being the SIAC POTY, due to him averaging 370 offensive YPG. I can see Bosse, giving Memorial fits and sticking around for a bit. Although there is questions on Memorial’s offense, Pedtke/Horning did a pretty good job against Harrison. I will take the Tigers by 3 scores in this one, it could be a high scoring game. 

North at Mater Dei

North is slowly figuring things out too and avoided an upset alert last Friday, suffocating Bosse’s O. Mater Dei kept it close with Jasper until Jasper began to push away from MD. However, MD, while  they have 1-4 record, has been competitive in their last 3 games. Feels like this is the turning point for either teams. I think North will edge this one out late and wins it by 10. 

Reitz at Castle

Who will break the top scoring offense in this game? Both come into this game averaging 37.0 PPG, and has some better offensive stats too. Reitz is a very, very good team this season and has a legit shot at winning B2B undefeated SIAC titles. Castle can be really good some nights, and might have a slip up here and there. Last year, Reitz lead Castle 17-10 after the 3rd quarter until Reitz took full control of the game. Does Castle’s grass slow down the Panthers? We will see, I’ll take Panthers by 17. 

Reitz blows out Castle 42-7 in the SIAC GOTW

MD upsets North 24-21

Memorial edges Bosse in a squeaker 27-16

Jasper pounds the winless Bears 42-0

Lincoln keeps it rolling 35-7 over the winless Warriors

Tango will be OOT next weekend so looking ahead to Week 7... We have a nice 5 game slate where 1 team will get its first L (Memorial), one team will get its first W (Harrison), MD will face the most explosive player they've seen so far in Bosse's QB Wagner, and 2 games - Castle @ Jasper & Lincoln @ North - that should be dandies.