Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Yellowstone on the Paramount Channel

Anyone watching?

I know. I know. I’m not a western guy, 😂

This show is so good. So well done. IMHO, it is AMC and HBO level good.

The best analogy I have heard.....Yellowstone is a western version of The Sopranos. 

17 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Anyone watching?

I know. I know. I’m not a western guy, 😂

This show is so good. So well done. IMHO, it is AMC and HBO level good.

The best analogy I have heard.....Yellowstone is a western version of The Sopranos. 

Yep, watching, love it. My wife cannot stand Kevin Costner in any movie and she likes it too.

Recommend "The Son" also.

8 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Yep, watching, love it. My wife cannot stand Kevin Costner in any movie and she likes it too.

Recommend "The Son" also.

I tried the son and couldn’t get into it. Might have to try again. Ty Gonzo. Hope all is well. 

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Thanks for the recommendation...Like Irish, I will add to my binge watch list.  Costner has some classic westerns on his resume,  Love him and Duvall in Open Range.  

Sure TD.  You are welcome. My pleasure. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished season 1 yesterday, and wow. Outstanding writing. And similar to what the writers on Shameless can do; there is a point where you will hate every character on the show, but fall back in to liking them again. And I LOVE the setting for the show. Montana is my favorite state to visit. It has been a long time since I have been, but the views are absolutely amazing. One drive, on a road called Going to the Sun Road, is the most incredible stretch of road I have ever driven. I have actually had a couple of encounters with wildlife there where I really  thought my life was at risk. I can still visualize hiking through a valley of multiple peaks that create an amphitheater of rock. It seems like there are hundreds of waterfalls that feed the lake at the bottom of it, and the sound of the waterfalls echoing through is still one of the most awe inspiring things I have ever seen. 

Season 2 starts after the workout and breakfast. 

• Thanks 1

Jamie is a character I dislike more and more as the show goes on. I guess that means the actor is doing a fantastic job, right? lol. So who dies (disappears) Jamie, or the reporter? Based on the previews, it appears a new coalition between Jenkins and Dutton is forming? Does Dutton explain how the tribe has screwed him over? 

On a side note, Dish had the episode number wrong. This was episode 5 last night, right? Dish has it as episode 6. 

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

Jamie is a character I dislike more and more as the show goes on. I guess that means the actor is doing a fantastic job, right? lol. So who dies (disappears) Jamie, or the reporter? Based on the previews, it appears a new coalition between Jenkins and Dutton is forming? Does Dutton explain how the tribe has screwed him over? 

On a side note, Dish had the episode number wrong. This was episode 5 last night, right? Dish has it as episode 6. 

Leave it to Rip. He will take care of the reporter, or Beth will. 

On 7/25/2019 at 11:04 PM, DannEllenwood said:

Leave it to Rip. He will take care of the reporter, or Beth will. 

I did not see Jamie taking such an active role in this. Great episode again, and the real enemies to Yellowstone are revealed. I cannot wait to see the meeting between, John, Jenkins and the tribe. 

On 8/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Irishman said:

I did not see Jamie taking such an active role in this. Great episode again, and the real enemies to Yellowstone are revealed. I cannot wait to see the meeting between, John, Jenkins and the tribe. 

Excellent indeed. Wonder if the non delivery to the train station will backfire?  My guess, yes.

Beck overplayed his hand in this one. What a great episode. And even Jamie shows some redeeming quality....might even like him after this lol This was a great episode. The previews said there were only three more episodes of Yellowstone left. Is this the final season of it? 

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

Beck overplayed his hand in this one. What a great episode. And even Jamie shows some redeeming quality....might even like him after this lol This was a great episode. The previews said there were only three more episodes of Yellowstone left. Is this the final season of it? 

I just got around to watching this weeks episode. Wow. The last 20 minutes. 

Maybe the last 3 of the season?  

10 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Did you watch the preview at the end? "What do we do about 'em Dad?"................"We kill 'em son"

Yep. 

I sometimes don't get to see it until the weekend also, although my preferred time is to begin watching the recording at 10:20 on the night it airs, that way I can fast forward through all the commercials and finish up right on time by 11.  I always wait until after I've watched to look at this thread. I think you're right, I think it's Tate.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, gonzoron said:

I sometimes don't get to see it until the weekend also, although my preferred time is to begin watching the recording at 10:20 on the night it airs, that way I can fast forward through all the commercials and finish up right on time by 11.  I always wait until after I've watched to look at this thread. I think you're right, I think it's Tate.

The way this show flows, is written, and foreshadows, I would be extremely shocked if Beck's target isn't Tate.

They showed twice, extreme close ups of him.

Plus, if it is, it gives us a REAL, up close and personal look at the former military man (and imho, wo knowing yet, a former sniper/assassin) Casey (we will see just how much of a bada$$ he really is.)

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

They are strong...just watched the final last night...looking forward to season 3 and where it goes.....

I am just trying to find the time in the day to get caught up.  🙂

Serving

Family

Active 7th grade son

Working

Officiating

Family

12 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

you are one busy guy....my wife and I are new empty nesters....and its a show we both enjoy watching together.  

We are kind of bummed we caught up...fun watching series On Demand...and fast forwarding through the commercials.  Now we have to just wait on the new ones!!

Something about Cosner playing in western roles...even if its modern western. But all the actors really deliver.  Cole Hauser is excellent.

I am :), but I do it all in His name.