Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Courier article on realignment

Sure, Dave. From everything, I head Gibson was only going to join the SIAC if there were four teams joining not two. Easy on the back pats Dave. They would have left their PAC brothers if Boonville would have decided to join no questions asked. But obviously, Boonville would much rather play in a conference of smaller school that will kick their a##.  Dave, you have been around long enough to know that they would have cared less if they left teams hanging and joined the SIAC. GS was going to do what was in their best interest and could care less about how that effected anyone else  (or left anyone hanging as you said ). They just didn't want to be the 2nd school they were all in on being the 3rd or 4th school. The article makes it seem like they were all in on joining the SIAC so why did they not apply ( 19 to 0 vote by the coaches )? If you are the AD and all your coaches vote this way you should be fired if you don't follow what ALL your coaches want. They didn't want to "arm wrestle Vincennes" I call BS on that. If they wanted in they would have applied and the SIAC would have taken them over Vincennes. They would have taken them purely off of them being closer in distance. They always only wanted to apply as the 3rd or the 4th school to join. But I'm sure the GS fans will let me know how this will be great for them. They gain several bad 3A teams to their schedule and will still average winning every conference game by 40 with Boonville on the schedule. (I give Boonville no chance based off what their Coach and AD said in the last Courier Article) Which really prepares you for the tournament, good thing Memorial isn't in their sectional for now. But they have Southport on the schedule and will be able to schedule... no good local team from southern Indiana because they are all in the SIAC now. Good luck on finding a quality opponent for your two open weeks (this is assuming Southridge wants to play a cross over game with them). But I am sure every team in Indiana would love to have GS on their schedule just ask their GID GS fans right !!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SWFootballfan said:

Sure, Dave. From everything, I head Gibson was only going to join the SIAC if there were four teams joining not two. Easy on the back pats Dave. They would have left their PAC brothers if Boonville would have decided to join no questions asked. But obviously, Boonville would much rather play in a conference of smaller school that will kick their a##.  Dave, you have been around long enough to know that they would have cared less if they left teams hanging and joined the SIAC. GS was going to do what was in their best interest and could care less about how that effected anyone else  (or left anyone hanging as you said ). They just didn't want to be the 2nd school they were all in on being the 3rd or 4th school. The article makes it seem like they were all in on joining the SIAC so why did they not apply ( 19 to 0 vote by the coaches )? If you are the AD and all your coaches vote this way you should be fired if you don't follow what ALL your coaches want. They didn't want to "arm wrestle Vincennes" I call BS on that. If they wanted in they would have applied and the SIAC would have taken them over Vincennes. They would have taken them purely off of them being closer in distance. They always only wanted to apply as the 3rd or the 4th school to join. But I'm sure the GS fans will let me know how this will be great for them. They gain several bad 3A teams to their schedule and will still average winning every conference game by 40 with Boonville on the schedule. (I give Boonville no chance based off what their Coach and AD said in the last Courier Article) Which really prepares you for the tournament, good thing Memorial isn't in their sectional for now. But they have Southport on the schedule and will be able to schedule... no good local team from southern Indiana because they are all in the SIAC now. Good luck on finding a quality opponent for your two open weeks (this is assuming Southridge wants to play a cross over game with them). But I am sure every team in Indiana would love to have GS on their schedule just ask their GID GS fans right !!!

Dang dude....someone hit the booze harder than me last night and seemingly tried sleeping with a badger too 😂 talk about having a bad attitude 

in short for GS...yes would have liked to join SIAC...didn’t happen oh well time to move on....PAC is beefed up slightly....it not the SIAC (clearly you’re a genius because only you would understand that the SIAC is and will always be the best conference in the area)  I mean you just have that next level analysis making points NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD!!! Wow. 😊

GS’s schedule is better...bottom line...have plenty of flexibility...and yes, many teams would like to play GS....because of the team is pretty good (whether you like it or not) and the fans are willing to travel by the masses....so lots of money to be made for road games.

be sure to down a few more shots and get all angry at me when you go to respond to this 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just looking at last season Sagarin  ratings the Big division is stronger then last seasons PAC

Big Division final Sagarinn rating

Heritage Hills 62

Gibson Southern 76

Boonville 93

Mount Vernon 189

Princeton 210

Washington 274

Small

Southridge 121

Tell City 234

North Posey 259

South Spencer 263

Forest Park 290

Pike Central 304 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reitzguy said:

Sorry but As far as football goes I dont think the additions to either confrrance makes either one of them any stronger than they are now but I think I would rather be in the situation where I could do some flex scheduling.

Jasper could finish anywhere from 1st to 5th most years. Vincennes better than Harrison, Bosse, and North. How do those two additions not make SIAC stronger in football?  

3 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Jasper could finish anywhere from 1st to 5th most years. Vincennes better than Harrison, Bosse, and North. How do those two additions not make SIAC stronger in football?  

Need a better argument than being better than the three teans listed. Can name several teams that could have been added that would finish above those three teams.i have been an SIAC person for fourty years and I stick to my previous statement. I will give that the judgement is still out on Lincolns new coach but I really see Jaspers sucess going downhill with their new coaching hire.

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

I think Jasper and new coach will do just fine. Not many coaches will be looking forward to Friday nights at VL or JHS. 

No SIAC coaches will dread going to either place. We will see what tune JHS fans are whistling about their new coach after his first couple years. If he stays that long.

2 hours ago, DaveMosbey said:

Just looking at last season Sagarin  ratings the Big division is stronger then last seasons PAC

Big Division final Sagarinn rating

Heritage Hills 62

Gibson Southern 76

Boonville 93

Mount Vernon 189

Princeton 210

Washington 274

Small

Southridge 121

Tell City 234

North Posey 259

South Spencer 263

Forest Park 290

Pike Central 304 

Just going off of 2018....

Gibson Southerns SoS had an average of about 189.78 for sagarin rankings last year.  Since Henderson County isn’t on sagarin, I went to maxpreps national rankings and found the closest Indiana team and used their Sag rating. (Southern Dearborn with a ranking of 86) 

Projecting what GS will have for a schedule in 2020....speculating that GS will play Southridge still...and will pick up Bloomington South and New Albany (2 teams the SIAC have scheduled currently)...the average Sagarin rating is 125.89

Current schedule————189.78

Projected Schedule———125.89

for perspective...Evansville Memorials 2019 schedule using the exact same methodology gives an average ranking of 111.89

things to note....these are 2018 rankings that also factored in how far the team went in the playoffs....these are 2018 rankings, nothing is guaranteed for 2019 and 2020...This is a hypothetical GS schedule based on rumors and who theoretically should be available to schedule.  Nothing is in stone

i just wanted to try to find some value to what the new schedule could be in terms of SoS.  If I’m being realistic, the 125.89 average is probably too good to be expected.  Teams will rise and fall in 2019 and 2020....

There are plenty of flaws with this methodology but I think it gives us some kind of idea..even so, the schedule isn’t as tough as being in the SIAC currently.

32 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

No SIAC coaches will dread going to either place. We will see what tune JHS fans are whistling about their new coach after his first couple years. If he stays that long.

So it’s not Jasper in general,  it’s the new coach?  Because Jasper football has been damn good for a long long time. I’m guessing Hart is last coach Reitz has liked but he didn’t stick around long either.  

10 minutes ago, superjay said:

Sorry, but I don't see New Albany or Bloomington South driving across the state to play a 3A school week #1.  I find it more likely they would schedule each other.  New Albany week #2 might be possible.  Bet I would say a longshot.

I figure as much also.  New Albany and castle have been playing week 2 recently (I don’t know for how many years though)

the SIAC has been playing a number of schools the first 2 weeks....owensboro teams, terra haute, Bloomington...

if if I had to guess...the new PAC will pick up the games the SIAC has to drop and then whatever remains will be inter divisional games likely across rivalry lines....without looking it all up but 8 SIAC teams with 2 weeks of non conference games leaves about 16 games (I don’t know if some teams play twice vs SIAC). 

Each PAC team needs to fill 4 games. 

3 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Need a better argument than being better than the three teans listed. Can name several teams that could have been added that would finish above those three teams.i have been an SIAC person for fourty years and I stick to my previous statement. I will give that the judgement is still out on Lincolns new coach but I really see Jaspers sucess going downhill with their new coaching hire.

You list Reitz as your school. What does that say about you current coach? Jasper's new coach won more games in 5 years at Reitz than the current Reitz coach has won in 6 years.

28 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I figure as much also.  New Albany and castle have been playing week 2 recently (I don’t know for how many years though)

the SIAC has been playing a number of schools the first 2 weeks....owensboro teams, terra haute, Bloomington...

if if I had to guess...the new PAC will pick up the games the SIAC has to drop and then whatever remains will be inter divisional games likely across rivalry lines....without looking it all up but 8 SIAC teams with 2 weeks of non conference games leaves about 16 games (I don’t know if some teams play twice vs SIAC). 

Each PAC team needs to fill 4 games. 

Off the top of my head, SIAC schools have played non-conference games against Henderson Co, Daviess Co, Owensboro, OCath, Apollo, TH North and South, Princeton, Washington, Pike Central, Crawford Co, New Albany, Jasper, and Indian Creek in the first two weeks of the last few years. There are probably a few more.

There should be plenty of schools looking for partners if the SIAC decides on a 9 gamer.

I am slightly disappointed that there won’t be a crossover game, but I can see the argument against it. The ‘championship’ game only makes sense if the conference it evenly split or done geographically.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Off the top of my head, SIAC schools have played non-conference games against Henderson Co, Daviess Co, Owensboro, OCath, Apollo, TH North and South, Princeton, Washington, Pike Central, Crawford Co, New Albany, Jasper, and Indian Creek in the first two weeks of the last few years. There are probably a few more.

There should be plenty of schools looking for partners if the SIAC decides on a 9 gamer.

I am slightly disappointed that there won’t be a crossover game, but I can see the argument against it. The ‘championship’ game only makes sense if the conference it evenly split or done geographically.

One potential risk would be for teams like GS/HH playing SR 3 times in a year

schedule an non conference game...face each other in the crossover. Then play each other in sectionals (potentially early).

i think most people want to schedule crossovers. Just don’t want it mandated 

14 hours ago, sr1 said:

You list Reitz as your school. What does that say about you current coach? Jasper's new coach won more games in 5 years at Reitz than the current Reitz coach has won in 6 years.

It says that Jasper's new coach inherited a generational team and culture when he was at Reitz.  Show me what he has done since.  Jasper hasn't been Jasper for close to a decade in football and I don't look for this hire to change that.  

On 6/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, SWFootballfan said:

I love dudes that have a passion for GS, and you squarely fall into that category.  Let's just see who lands on the schedule, I know where I can get a couple of crows.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sr1 said:

31-34 since leaving Reitz. That included making a Ky power like HC irrelevant. They are still trying to dig out if that hole. 

• Like 1

Internal problems started in Henderson before Lewis ever arrived. Same people hating on Lewis are the same people that worshipped him at Reitz. He got out of a place that has unrealistic expectations year end and year out. Gaddis did the same and that turned out pretty good. Big Blue drove him out of town , Lewis out of town and sounds like current coach can’t wait for AD job at Reitz to open.   

7 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Internal problems started in Henderson before Lewis ever arrived. Same people hating on Lewis are the same people that worshipped him at Reitz. He got out of a place that has unrealistic expectations year end and year out. Gaddis did the same and that turned out pretty good. Big Blue drove him out of town , Lewis out of town and sounds like current coach can’t wait for AD job at Reitz to open.   

I can tell you now that Coach Lewis was not worshipped at Reitz and HC couldnt wait for him the leave . Would not be at all surprised if in two years Jasper football fans will not feel the same way.

17 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Big Blue did not drive Lewis out of town. HC was dumb enough to make him a huge offer based on one good career year because they thought he was the man they needed. It didnt take them long to realize their mistake.

18 hours ago, superjay said:

Sorry, but I don't see New Albany or Bloomington South driving across the state to play a 3A school week #1.  I find it more likely they would schedule each other.  New Albany week #2 might be possible.  Bet I would say a longshot.

Across the State? Its an hour and a half at the most.

• Like 1