Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Courier article on realignment

Lewis in 5 seasons at Reitz 3 sectional titles , and two trips to state with an undefeated state title and big blue couldn’t wait for him to leave. That is funny as hell.  Come on?  That sounds so stupid!    

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

Lewis in 5 seasons at Reitz 3 sectional titles , and two trips to state with an undefeated state title and big blue couldn’t wait for him to leave. That is funny as hell.  Come on?  That sounds so stupid!    

One trip to State with a championship team he fell into. Need to get your facts straight.

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Facts- 63 wins in 5 years , 3 sectorial titles, 2 trips to LOS, 1 state title, and 1 very sour dad.  Those are facts.  I could be wrong but the coach he replaced had 63 wins in 6 seasons?   

One trip to LOS. Lost in sectionals in 2008 and 2011, lost in regionals in 2012, lost in semi state in 2010, won it all in 2009. That’s only one trip. 

Reitz has 6 regional titles in football that are recognized by ihsaa.  Lewis has 2 of those in 5 years.  His state title came in year 2.... how is that inherited?  If you guys struggled with Lewis I can only imagine what your going thru now.  

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

You are correct, Sir!  My apologies!! He is an awful coach. I thought he went twice. Now I can see why people were not happy with him 🤪

First, I was merely correcting an incorrect statement through use of facts. I have not said a word about any previous or present coach at RHS. Now, if you wish to ask my opinion on the matter, I have not been thrilled with either of the past two hires that the EVSC has made for coach at RHS. But that is me, and I continue to go out every weekend to back the boys in blue, just like I did before I was in school, and during my days in school there. 

At at the end of the day, most Reitz fans are spoiled. And if you are wanting to coach there, you do have to have thick skin. But don’t try to pretend that our fan base is the only one with whackadoo fans. It’s like that everywhere. And don’t classify all fans in that category. They are the vocal minority. 

Thanks. And what exactly is a ‘screagle’?

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

First, I was merely correcting an incorrect statement through use of facts. I have not said a word about any previous or present coach at RHS. Now, if you wish to ask my opinion on the matter, I have not been thrilled with either of the past two hires that the EVSC has made for coach at RHS. But that is me, and I continue to go out every weekend to back the boys in blue, just like I did before I was in school, and during my days in school there. 

At at the end of the day, most Reitz fans are spoiled. And if you are wanting to coach there, you do have to have thick skin. But don’t try to pretend that our fan base is the only one with whackadoo fans. It’s like that everywhere. And don’t classify all fans in that category. They are the vocal minority. 

Thanks. And what exactly is a ‘screagle’?

A mythical green bird that wearing a blue and white hat.  I kid...I kid... 😂

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 1

3 of last 4 coaches couldn’t lose a game without emails and phone calls. Lived on west side 35 years.  Lewis accomplished as much if not more than all head coaches during that time span. Not aware of any concerns during his tenure but the guy can flat coach. Jasper got a great one. SIAC will soon figure that out.  

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

3 of last 4 coaches couldn’t lose a game without emails and phone calls. Lived on west side 35 years.  Lewis accomplished as much if not more than all head coaches during that time span. Not aware of any concerns during his tenure but the guy can flat coach. Jasper got a great one. SIAC will soon figure that out.  

Wow this guy really likes the KoolAid. Loosing record after he left Reitz. The two coaches before him are still winning after they left. Trust me in two years Jasper will be ready for him to leave. But with his track record he will probably be looking elsewhere as well.

Sorry but I have to add my opinion on Tony Lewis.  He DID fall into a great team.  Year 1 was a sophomore starting QB with many other sof and juniors with major playing time.  The stretch before Lewis arrived and while he was there was probably the greatest collection of athletes Reitz has had in 50 years.  There has been some better indivudual ones but not so many at the same time as in that time span.  Nearly any Smoe Joe could have came in and coach that team to a very high level. Lewis ran the same 3 plays over and over at both Reitz and Henderson.  We just had the athletes then that could over power and outrun the competition.  If he is so great why couldnt he manage more than 1 win at Richmond?  I do agree there are alot of rediculous Reitz fans with unreal expectations but no more than any other school that has had success.  The stretch from 2004 to 2010 has spoiled alot of us but at the same time many teams would be thrilled to go 6-4.  You leave 4 jobs within that short of a span you cant be pointing fingers at the admninstration saying its them.  Maybe once or twice but after that many times the coach has to look in the mirror.  He will last no more than 2 years at Jasper.  No knock on the kids but just imagine a Lewis spread offense and no run game when to player he has are slower powerful country boys.  The 2 just dont fit.

As for the topic of this thread, it will be interesting to see how the schedule is set up.  I hope not like Ft Wayne where you play the same conference team year in and year out.  I know its much easier for the coach and AD not having to come up with games but I really like having a couple non conference games to have something different from year to year.  

I just assumed it would be 9 SIAC games. Any idea or rumors on the new set up?  Two non conference would be nice but I’m guessing coaches and ADs are tired of finding games.  The former AD at Memorial did a 1 year deal at Northview week 2.  When I think about that I like not worrying about non conference.  

46 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I just assumed it would be 9 SIAC games. Any idea or rumors on the new set up?  Two non conference would be nice but I’m guessing coaches and ADs are tired of finding games.  The former AD at Memorial did a 1 year deal at Northview week 2.  When I think about that I like not worrying about non conference.  

I have been told by a pretty reliable source that it will be only conferance games in the SIAC. The only way that would have possibly changed is if they went to 12 teams. I have always liked playing teans outside the conferance.

10 hours ago, Panther86 said:

Sorry but I have to add my opinion on Tony Lewis.  He DID fall into a great team.  Year 1 was a sophomore starting QB with many other sof and juniors with major playing time.  The stretch before Lewis arrived and while he was there was probably the greatest collection of athletes Reitz has had in 50 years.  There has been some better indivudual ones but not so many at the same time as in that time span.  Nearly any Smoe Joe could have came in and coach that team to a very high level. Lewis ran the same 3 plays over and over at both Reitz and Henderson.  We just had the athletes then that could over power and outrun the competition.  If he is so great why couldnt he manage more than 1 win at Richmond?  I do agree there are alot of rediculous Reitz fans with unreal expectations but no more than any other school that has had success.  The stretch from 2004 to 2010 has spoiled alot of us but at the same time many teams would be thrilled to go 6-4.  You leave 4 jobs within that short of a span you cant be pointing fingers at the admninstration saying its them.  Maybe once or twice but after that many times the coach has to look in the mirror.  He will last no more than 2 years at Jasper.  No knock on the kids but just imagine a Lewis spread offense and no run game when to player he has are slower powerful country boys.  The 2 just dont fit.

In his one year at Richmond he won 2 games. That was a team that had not won a game the year before so it was an improvement.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Got to wonder how “today” Hape would’ve faired in 2007-2011.  My guess is the knowledgeable Reitz fans think they have that answer. 

Obviously no one knows but quite possibly the same results Lewis had.  We were blessed in that stretch with exceptional talent on the field that overcame alot of coaching flaws.  2007-2010 ranks right up there with the best 4 year stretch in Panther history.  The current coach biggest flaw to me is not putting a team away when you have the chance.  Im not saying run up the score on teams but when you are playing a good team dont change the plays and sit on it when you get a 2 TD lead.  Thats happened time after time in recent years.  That directly lead to 2 of our losses last year and nearly cost us against Henderson.

Just don’t see kids over coming coaching flaws enough to win state a couple regionals and 3 sectionals.  Reitz has never been short on talent.  I could be wrong but it just seems like a few years ago they had a really really talented group. Can’t remember all the names but Mahan was QB and had a phenomenal year.  Maybe around 2015 and 2016.  

Evetentally Coach Lewis is not an easy person to coach with either. Cant think if their names but he had three or four good young and up and coming coaches in his system that he let get away. My son played for one of them as a freshman. Think they went to GS and may still be there. If you have trouble working with your assistants you will have trouble being successful.