Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Updated Sectional Assignments - Fresh release from IHSAA!

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/news media/2018-19/062419.pdf

As I correctly predicted in a previous thread, Warsaw will be in Sectional 2 for 2019 and Sectional 3 for 2020 but the one I hit the nail on the head...

CARMEL will be moving to 6A SOUTH in 2020 and moving to Sectional 5!

WOW - I didn't think the IHSAA would really do it, but they did!

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2019 at 8:28 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

How I see it (only listing sectionals that would see changes):

2: Chesterton, Penn, Portage, Warsaw
3: Carroll, Homestead, Noblesville, Snider

2: Chesterton, Elkhart, Penn, Portage
3: Carroll, Homestead, Snider, Warsaw
4: Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Noblesville, Westfield
5: Avon, Brownsburg, Carmel, Pike

Any other scenario would result in a complete overhaul of all sectional alignments (besides Sectional 8).

This should go over well...

I’m all for all areas of the state being represented but am more in favor of competitive state championship games...

Edited by Guest

Just now, Temptation said:

This should go over well...

Makes the most logical (the IHSAA always pairs Fishers/HSE together in sectionals) and geographic sense. I'm shocked that they actually put Carmel in 6A South, but it's what works the best. Plus, sectionals 1, 6, 7, and 8 all remain unaffected. If Carmel had been kept in 6A North, sectionals 2-7 would have ALL been changed/affected.

12 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Makes the most logical (the IHSAA always pairs Fishers/HSE together in sectionals) and geographic sense. I'm shocked that they actually put Carmel in 6A South, but it's what works the best. Plus, sectionals 1, 6, 7, and 8 all remain unaffected. If Carmel had been kept in 6A North, sectionals 2-7 would have ALL been changed/affected.

Oh I agree.

Is it too much to ask of Elkhart to be a powerhouse in the coming years?  

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/news media/2018-19/062419.pdf

As I correctly predicted in a previous thread, Warsaw will be in Sectional 2 for 2019 and Sectional 3 for 2020 but the one I hit the nail on the head...

CARMEL will be moving to 6A SOUTH in 2020 and moving to Sectional 5!

WOW - I didn't think the IHSAA would really do it, but they did!

There goes the all MIC State Championship games starting next year.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

I forgot to account for 5A not being capped at 32 teams. I thought BNL would head to 4A with Cathedral moving up. 

Not bumping them down created the least amount of change possible to 5A sectionals.

Same here. Seems odd to have a 5 team 5A Sectional while at the same time there are two 7 team 4A Sectionals. I was expecting BNL to drop to 4A with Seymour taking their place in Sectional 16 then Cathedral being slotted into the Sectional 14 opening. Potential Cathedral-New Pal Sectional game.

13 minutes ago, Payne said:

Same here. Seems odd to have a 5 team 5A Sectional while at the same time there are two 7 team 4A Sectionals. I was expecting BNL to drop to 4A with Seymour taking their place in Sectional 16 then Cathedral being slotted into the Sectional 14 opening. Potential Cathedral-New Pal Sectional game.

I thought the same.  Looks like they just slotted Cathedral in with their old sectional opponents Decatur Central and Plainfield.

Edited by CaptainHook

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Powerhouse? Yes. Highly competitive and rival Penn across the board in all sports? No.

Well for the purpose of this post, I’m talking football.

Powerhouse? Yes. Highly competitive and rival Penn across the board in all sports? No.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Should be interesting what 6A north will be in the coming years once the Hammond schools ever consolidate.

The Hammond schools consolidating into one Hammond High? Is that a real possibility? Throw in Munster joining the Duneland and you have a DT wet dream.

• Haha 1