Eastern Greene #217 vs Riverton Parke #245

North Knox #190 vs Parke Heritage #276

South Putnam #113 vs Cloverdale #291          

Sectional 40: 

Providence #73 vs Crawford County #313

Perry Central #213 vs Perry Central #213

Forest Park #201 vs Eastern (Pekin) #246

Paoli #123 vsClarksville #294

Perry Central gotta play themselves?! Do they get to advance? 

What's Sectional 46?

1A corrections:

Sectional 46:

Indianapolis Lutheran #11 vs Edinburgh #306

South Decatur #248 vs Indianapolis Tinley #271

Sectional 47:

North Vermillion 298 vs Attica #315

Fountain Central #209 vs North Central (Farmersburg)

Thanks for catching those. 

• Thanks 1

If we can make all of the corrections in this thread then I will start individual corrected threads for each individual class under the title “Frozen Tundra Class A”’, “Frozen Tundra Class 2A’” etc. Hopefully we can save the discussions til then as long as we catch everything. Thanks for all of the help. 

14 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

If we can make all of the corrections in this thread then I will start individual corrected threads for each individual class under the title “Frozen Tundra Class A”’, “Frozen Tundra Class 2A’” etc. Hopefully we can save the discussions til then as long as we catch everything. Thanks for all of the help. 

You have Perry Central playing themselves in Sectional 40

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

Correction to Sectional 27:

Heritage HILLS #45 vs Wabash #267 (the HILLS was omitted on the original spreadsheet)

Garrett #180 vs Woodlan #230

Bluffton #109 vs Fort Wayne Concordia

Fort Wayne Luers #93 vs Manchester #262

Tell me you don't know where Heritage Hills (Lincoln City) is located without tell me. LOL 

I see you fixed it. 

We should have Heritage play Heritage Hills, Triton play Triton Central, Mt Vernon play Mount Vernon, and Eastern play Eastern.  Loser has to change their name. LOL

Carroll playing Carroll and North Central playing North Central just seems a bit unfair though.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Tell me you don't know where Heritage Hills (Lincoln City) is located without tell me. LOL 

I see you fixed it. 

We should have Heritage play Heritage Hills, Triton play Triton Central, Mt Vernon play Mount Vernon, and Eastern play Eastern.  Loser has to change their name. LOL

Carroll playing Carroll and North Central playing North Central just seems a bit unfair though.  

Make Carroll and NC play for capital letters. The winner gets the big letters and the loser has to use lower case. I was staring at so many spread sheets, print offs and calpreps pages that I am surprised that I didn’t make more errors by the time I was done posting.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:22 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

This research had me wishing 1A had 32 teams. I was drooling at how much better 5A looks. Wouldn’t be beneficial to my Columbus East Olympians these days though. 😂

I’m not sure you were referencing my post…but just in case, and  to be clear what I have said before:

I’m suggesting 1A and 6A should be 32 teams….divide the rest up evenly.  

FURTHER….rolling 3-4 year SF…and no P/P in 1A.  The No p/p in a 32 school 1A go hand in glove…no point in doing one without the other.  This prevents two P/P from yo-young up and down in and out of the now smallest 1A.  Not sure this would happen, but prevents it from occurring.

Edited by US31

Is all this just because you guys think 5A sucks and don't care about 1A? Not like it's been the teams boarderlining 2A have been the ones dominating class A, outside of Linton, who only got to win 1 and have remained up ever since

54 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Is all this just because you guys think 5A sucks and don't care about 1A? Not like it's been the teams boarderlining 2A have been the ones dominating class A, outside of Linton, who only got to win 1 and have remained up ever since

Scecina won none during SF and remained up in 2A ever since. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, US31 said:

I’m not sure you were referencing my post…but just in case, and  to be clear what I have said before:

FURTHER….rolling 3-4 year SF…and no P/P in 1A.  The No p/p in a 32 school 1A go hand in glove…no point in doing one without the other.  This prevents two P/P from yo-young up and down in and out of the now smallest 1A.  Not sure this would happen, but prevents it from occurring.

Not sure which two p/p would be yo-yoing up and down given the reality that most are big enough to be in the new 2A the others aren't much of a threat to begin with ... and the one that is is very unlikely to move back down out of the new 2A.  I saw Faith Christian play Indiana School for the Deaf in 8-man ball a couple of weeks ago.  Faith lost 80-2 on Senior Night ... that's not a misprint.  Even if they ended up in the new 1A in 11-man, I'm not sure there'd be an issue with yo-yoing as there's a LOT of "up" that has to happen to begin with before yo-yoing can happen.

5 hours ago, US31 said:

Wasn’t referencing anyone’s post in particular. The conversation steering away to the idea of a 32 team 1A had me intrigued and I wanted to see what that would look like. Now we know.

As far as dividing up 2A through 5A evenly then that would mean three of the classifications would have 62 teams and one would have 61 teams. Wouldn’t bother me if that happened. I just based this hypothetical scenario as closely as possible to the reality of how everything is currently set up. I wanted the numbers to look similar and not look radically different.

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Really appreciate all the work here.  Unfortunately it still doesn’t solve the problem of enrollment failing miserably as a classification mechanism for the extremely well coached privates.

I just based this hypothetical on the current parameters we already have in place. The only change I made was the number of teams in 1A and 5A. I agree with your point to an extent but there are some privates who stink and I wouldn’t want to unfairly disadvantage them. Just like no two public schools are created equal, no two private schools are created equal. See Hammond Noll for instance and compare them to Chatard. Like night and day.

4 hours ago, WWFan said:

I just did this because I thought it’d be fun to look at. While I would prefer a 32 team 1A and a 63/64 team 5A (because I think there’s a bigger discrepancy in 1A between the haves and have-nots), I’m also not going to be upset if things don’t change.