Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 9

The only thing up for grabs this week is who ties Fountain Centrals for 2nd place. Seegers or North Vermilions?

Attica at South Vermilions 

Covington at Riverton Parkes 

Seegers at North Vermilions 

Fountain Centrals at The Woofs of Parke Heritage on Saturday at 3:00. 

Attica @ SV - SV preps for two weeks for their sectional.... SV wins big

Covington @ RP - I'll take Covington winning this one. I think they are playing tough at the right time. Covington 24 - 16

Seeger @ NV - I think the White kid at qb will be too much to handle for Seeger. I'll take NV in a close one winning 35-30

FC @ PH - FC wins this one. It might be close for a quarter or two but FC will pull away. FC 42 PH 18

The last week of the regular season is upon us the squirrel can't wait for sectional but now for my week 9 picks

Attica @ SV- Congrats to the wildcats not even going to put a score 

Cov @ RP- Lets see if covington is for real. Its at RP coach sanders and the crew ends the regular season a 3 game winning streak RP over the fakers 28-6

Seeger @ NV- NV had their chances friday and i think they scored down on the goal line but we won't talk about that but the combination of White and Tryon is hard to stop Ill take the Falcons 34-18

FC @ PH- FC pulled it out last friday but I could see them being on upset watch this week with them preparing for Park Tudor next week give me the Woofs 24-20

The squirrel has spoken I Love this weather and football is in full swing enjoy it

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2023 at 9:29 PM, Donnie Baker said:

The only thing up for grabs this week is who ties Fountain Centrals for 2nd place. Seegers or North Vermilions?

Not sure how you get who ties Fountain Central for 2nd. place, Seeger or NV?  Seeger is 5-1 and NV and FC are both 4-2.  If Seeger wins over NV they will be soul possession of 2nd. place

53 minutes ago, Warren Wizzard said:

If Seeger wins over NV they will be soul possession of 2nd. place

So Seeger gets their soul and sole possession of 2nd place if they win?  Who says these games don't mean anything?

I'll take South Vermillion, Covington, North Vermillion & Fountain Central this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warren Wizzard said:

Not sure how you get who ties Fountain Central for 2nd. place, Seeger or NV?  Seeger is 5-1 and NV and FC are both 4-2.  If Seeger wins over NV they will be soul possession of 2nd. place

Looks like a 3 way tie. Go Falcons. 2nd and foremost words are our friends. I gotta go 

Edited by Donnie Baker

3 hours ago, Marshall Mathers said:

SV - by 300

RP - by 15

NV - by 6

FC - by 28

We definitely have ourselves a 3 way... tie this week folks. 

DOES anyone in the conference make it out of their sectional this year? I think probably not unfortunately. 

I probably know more about 3 ways than anyone I know. I swear to God I do. This will be a great game but I think North Vermilions is more pissed than Seegers 

• Haha 1

Man, how did we get here so fast? Week 9...

Attica @ South Vermillion - Ramblers just look to get out of this one healthy so they can start working on their upset of the Falcons next week. The boys from Clinton may throw for a 1000 yards this week. Or will they get other guys in to work on some depth for their expected lengthy post season run? Probably not. SV wins

Covington @ Riverton Parke - Apparently, I'm told, the Trojans have an amazing OL/DL. We'll see. Panthers enjoying back to back wins for the first time all year. Senior night in Mecca. There were over 100 combined points in this one last year. (RP 74-36) Probably not the case this year, but I'll take the Home team. RP 35-14

Seeger @ North Vermillion - The Falcons lost a heartbreaker last week. The Patriots let it slip away in the 4th. Another one down to the wire for both teams. I'll take the Home team again. NV 35-34

Fountain Central @ Parke Heritage - The Mustangs got a good win last week. The Woolfs got handled by their county rivals. Both teams didn't get very encouraging sectional draws. This one will be close for awhile. But the King steals one at his old stomping grounds. FC 28-13

1 hour ago, Bear54 said:

Attica @ South Vermillion - Ramblers just look to get out of this one healthy so they can start working on their upset of the Falcons next week. The boys from Clinton may throw for a 1000 yards this week. Or will they get other guys in to work on some depth for their expected lengthy post season run? Probably not. SV wins

Covington @ Riverton Parke - Apparently, I'm told, the Trojans have an amazing OL/DL. We'll see. Panthers enjoying back to back wins for the first time all year. Senior night in Mecca. There were over 100 combined points in this one last year. (RP 74-36) Probably not the case this year, but I'll take the Home team. RP 35-14

Seeger @ North Vermillion - The Falcons lost a heartbreaker last week. The Patriots let it slip away in the 4th. Another one down to the wire for both teams. I'll take the Home team again. NV 35-34

Fountain Central @ Parke Heritage - The Mustangs got a good win last week. The Woolfs got handled by their county rivals. Both teams didn't get very encouraging sectional draws. This one will be close for awhile. But the King steals one at his old stomping grounds. FC 28-13

By lengthy post season run you mean 2 weeks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/8/2023 at 9:29 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Attica at South Vermilions - SV BIG get the visors and spaghetti ready Willy.

Covington at Riverton Parkes Covington by 21

Seegers at North Vermilions by Seeger 28

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

By lengthy post season run you mean 2 weeks?

What’s your proposal, Donnie?  Roll up in a ball and cry?  You play the game that is next on the schedule, man… one game at a time!  Would Linton be tough if we get the opportunity to play them?  Absolutely!  Will I be on the track in my short skirt cheering on the team?  Absolutely!   You know that phrase “Any Given Sunday”?  Let’s change that to Friday…Any team has the chance to beat another team…Any Given Friday.  If we get to Linton, I’ll take my chances with these boys!

Go Cats!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wildcat Willy said:

What’s your proposal, Donnie?  Roll up in a ball and cry?  You play the game that is next on the schedule, man… one game at a time!  Would Linton be tough if we get the opportunity to play them?  Absolutely!  Will I be on the track in my short skirt cheering on the team?  Absolutely!   You know that phrase “Any Given Sunday”?  Let’s change that to Friday…Any team has the chance to beat another team…Any Given Friday.  If we get to Linton, I’ll take my chances with these boys!

Go Cats!

You got a lot more than Liptons to worry about. Southmonts is the dark horse in that sectional 

4 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

You got a lot more than Liptons to worry about. Southmonts is the dark horse in that sectional 

Like I said, we play the next game on the schedule. Southmont is tough. There are a lot of tough teams in our sectional…and we are one of them. That’s why you play the game, right?  If we believed everything we read, we would put down an “L” on our bracket and go home to cook some Fettuccine Alfredo instead of playing the game. 

Nah, that doesn’t sound fun. I believe we are going out to make some noise every night we are blessed to be able to play!

By the way, you may want to stop by this Friday and lurk in our student section. You might just get lucky enough to score a sweet visor!

IMG_6233.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Wildcat Willy said:

Like I said, we play the next game on the schedule. Southmont is tough. There are a lot of tough teams in our sectional…and we are one of them. That’s why you play the game, right?  If we believed everything we read, we would put down an “L” on our bracket and go home to cook some Fettuccine Alfredo instead of playing the game. 

Nah, that doesn’t sound fun. I believe we are going out to make some noise every night we are blessed to be able to play!

By the way, you may want to stop by this Friday and lurk in our student section. You might just get lucky enough to score a sweet visor!

IMG_6233.jpeg

Willy No Spaghetti? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CHUMPS88 said:

Willy No Spaghetti? 

No spaghetti this week Chumps.  It is Grandma Garzolini's week to make the pregame meal and everyone knows that her spaghetti sauce is not that great.  But her Alfredo sauce!  That Alfredo is so good it would make Tony Soprano cry!  Mama mia!

On 10/11/2023 at 9:24 AM, Bear54 said:

Hey now, I changed my mind a little. I believe Covingtons oline is decent at best, but I do think Covington has a pretty good run defense, so it really could be a good game with rp. If Covington can score that is, Attica game was hard to watch!

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

According to Bradley,  South Vermilions has more class than Seegers because a group of teenagers celebrated winning a game that everyone said they had no chance of winning last year but they just had a huddle this year. 

IMG_4283.png

Ouch.  Sounds like “shots fired” by Donnie.