Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

ACAC Preview

47 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I'm not sure how a team who got shut out and lost 24-0 can outplay the team that beat them. They turned it over, which means the ball was taken from Bluffton 3 times and another on downs. I would be highly surprised if Bluffton has focused on AC since week 1. That's a ridiculous statement. Their bigger goal going into the season was Kunkel beating Grant Moser for the first time ever. The next challenge was Heritage, a game that could've gone the Tigers way but didn't. Their players on D are just really good and their staff had a good plan, especially in a bad weather game. 

For someone who claims to be "involved" in the program, you sure do have few positive things to say about it. 

Not trying to be negative, just honest about the experiences. I have higher expectations than most for our team which isn't always a good thing. I'm probably at the practice fields as much as the high school & middle school coaches without being on staff. I love AC football in the good and bad times (like my senior year) as a second generation Jet raising a 3rd generation Jet! As for last Friday, yes they were good defensively, but how did Heritage have so much success compared to our struggles? Heritage runs an offense similar to Bluffton that their defense sees every day. What I thought telling was Kunkel's interview on the webcast after the game as you could tell he was wanting that one pretty badly. Even on Saturday mornings a couple times before the game he was wanting to get that win. Heck the Saturday after the Southern Wells vs AC game he shook Coach Mosser's hand and said "Let's put on a show Friday" after their youth tackle teams had their way against us. I've been blessed to be "around" the AC program in the youth and spoiled to have been around this senior class (plus the last 2 before them a bit) through current freshmen class. They've had success throughout & this game outside the 2 finals was frustrating to watch since the 21 sectional game vs Busco. Credit to all those teams as Bluffton before turnovers was getting defensive stops and running & throwing successfully on our defense. Credit to our kids for hanging tough & making the plays the needed in that slugfest. 24-0 could have easily been only 3-0 or worse a regular season loss if things worked out for Bluffton. Thankfully they did not and it's time to take care of business. We must get healthy as that has been a factor we cannot ignore. 

23 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Adams Central probably has the best chance of winning its sectional. We play SA in the first round and I don't see a chance for them to pay revenge to the Jets for the 2019 Regional upset. I do think that Southern Wells has a chance to win their first round game against North Miami. I don't think either of those two teams would have a chance against Madison-Grant, though. AC is likely on the road for at least a couple of weeks after the 1st round if they keep winning. If the Jets can get healthy, I don't think there's much of a chance for anyone to stop them from getting back to Lucas Oil. 

If anyone is gonna do it, I think its Carroll in the regional. I've said the last two years there will be a team that gives Adams Central a challenge in the playoffs and they prove me wrong every time, so I'm not gonna say Carroll can stop them. Just the team with the best chance to do so.

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

If anyone is gonna do it, I think its Carroll in the regional. I've said the last two years there will be a team that gives Adams Central a challenge in the playoffs and they prove me wrong every time, so I'm not gonna say Carroll can stop them. Just the team with the best chance to do so.

I'd like to see AC challenged before LOS, but I just don't think there's anyone among the likely north sectional winners to do it.  It's hard to tell whether Carroll can be that team from their atrocious regular season schedule.  The most competitive game they'll play before the tourney is tomorrow against Sheridan, and the Blackhawks are in no way comparable to the Jets.

5 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

I'd like to see AC challenged before LOS, but I just don't think there's anyone among the likely north sectional winners to do it.  It's hard to tell whether Carroll can be that team from their atrocious regular season schedule.  The most competitive game they'll play before the tourney is tomorrow against Sheridan, and the Blackhawks are in no way comparable to the Jets.

Carroll's schedule does nothing for them from a post season prep standpoint. Sagarin has their strength of schedule at 303/314. Opponent's records are at 21 and 42 for the season with most of the opponent's wins coming from their conference's cellar dwellers. Don't get me wrong, they are doing what they should be doing to these inferior opponents, but I think they are in for some shock when they play a team with a pulse.

4 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Carroll's schedule does nothing for them from a post season prep standpoint. Sagarin has their strength of schedule at 303/314. Opponent's records are at 21 and 42 for the season with most of the opponent's wins coming from their conference's cellar dwellers. Don't get me wrong, they are doing what they should be doing to these inferior opponents, but I think they are in for some shock when they play a team with a pulse.

Hard to tell how good Carroll is based on their strength of schedule, but it looks like they're at least as good as last year based on scores. Sagarin ratings of the teams with solid records in their sectional are pretty low, so we probably won't know how good Carroll is until regional. 

Any predictions for sectional 41? Is Triton the clear front runner? It looks like Pioneer gave them a decent game a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Hard to tell how good Carroll is based on their strength of schedule, but it looks like they're at least as good as last year based on scores. Sagarin ratings of the teams with solid records in their sectional are pretty low, so we probably won't know how good Carroll is until regional. 

Any predictions for sectional 41? Is Triton the clear front runner? It looks like Pioneer gave them a decent game a few weeks ago.

I think Triton is the front runner until proven otherwise. If wet weather is a factor, Judson might have an edge. Panthers probably too young to make a run, but getting their fullback back to full speed will definitely help.