Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Sectional Thread

In 2A

34 Benton Centrals at Seegers. Winner plays Winamacs-LCC winner. 
37 South Vermilions at Cascades. Winner gets Sullivan-Southmont winner 

In 1A

34 Fountain Centrals at Park Tudors

Clinton Prairie at Covington 

North Vermilions at Attica winner plays Clinton Central 

47 The Woofs of Parke Heritage at Covenant Christians winner plays North Central-South Putnams winner 

Riverton Parkes at Cloverdales winner plays Lutherans

Whoever made these sectionals must’ve flunked geometry, I swear to God they did 

BC @ Seeger - BC has a couple athletes so I could see them scoring a few times but Seeger is the better team. I'll take Seeger 42 - 14

SV @ Cascade - SV finally gets to play someone their own size! The tougher Cascade schedule makes them more prepared for this game. I do think SV will keep this game close for the most part but I'm giving the edge to Cascade. They win 35-30

FC @ Park Tudor - Park Tudor has the best athlete in this game (their qb).. I'm not sure FC will be able to contain him the whole game. PT has played a horrible schedule this season and I don't think they're as good as people think. I think this game will go down to the wire. My heart wants to give Herbie his 200th win but I'm not sure it'll happen this year. PT wins 42 - 35

CP @ Covington - This game will be close. Covington coach has done a pretty good job this year. Their running is pretty decent and defense is much improved. I'll take CP winning late in the 4th 28 - 20

NV @ Attica - NV has starters out by halftime getting some much needed rest. I think NV has a good chance to win the sectional and not having to play Park Tudor or FC again is huge for them. 

PH @ CC - CC is tough. I don't think PH can hang with them. I'll take CC winning 45 - 14

RP @ Cloverdale - Don't know much about Cloverdale... I'll take RP to win 35 - 20

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRC123 said:

BC @ Seeger - BC has a couple athletes so I could see them scoring a few times but Seeger is the better team. I'll take Seeger 42 - 14

SV @ Cascade - SV finally gets to play someone their own size! The tougher Cascade schedule makes them more prepared for this game. I do think SV will keep this game close for the most part but I'm giving the edge to Cascade. They win 35-30

FC @ Park Tudor - Park Tudor has the best athlete in this game (their qb).. I'm not sure FC will be able to contain him the whole game. PT has played a horrible schedule this season and I don't think they're as good as people think. I think this game will go down to the wire. My heart wants to give Herbie his 200th win but I'm not sure it'll happen this year. PT wins 42 - 35

CP @ Covington - This game will be close. Covington coach has done a pretty good job this year. Their running is pretty decent and defense is much improved. I'll take CP winning late in the 4th 28 - 20

NV @ Attica - NV has starters out by halftime getting some much needed rest. I think NV has a good chance to win the sectional and not having to play Park Tudor or FC again is huge for them. 

PH @ CC - CC is tough. I don't think PH can hang with them. I'll take CC winning 45 - 14

RP @ Cloverdale - Don't know much about Cloverdale... I'll take RP to win 35 - 20

I think the key in the FC-PT game is the Mustangs ability to run the ball and keep the PT offense off the field. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I think the key in the FC-PT game is the Mustangs ability to run the ball and keep the PT offense off the field. 

Absolutely agree with you! The less time that PT offense is on the field, the better for the Mustangs

• Like 1

Alright Its win or go home time will the WRC capture a sectional this year here is what this ground squirrel thinks.

BC @ Seeger- Same result as week 2 give the patriots another week 49-27

SV @ Cascade- Game of the week cascade is a good team but SV is also good. Cascade has home field advantage and I believe they will make some plays early but SV will prevail 34-26

FC @ PT- FC is looking for revenge however I just don't see it happening Park Tudor is the favorite and I don't like the Mustangs chances on the road PT wins 43-21

CP @ Covington- CP is a mystery to me but the Tro-Fakers either show up or don't and after a bad loss last week I'm goanna take the Gophers 54-6

NV @ Attica- Really, enjoy the bye week Falcons on your fall break and maybe next year Attica NV 42-0

PH @ CC- Again maybe next year woofs, you improved but not enough give me CC 66-0

RP @ Cloverdale- Cloverdale is better this year and the panthers aren't as good this year, but the panthers are hot and they extend to a four game winning streak 32-12

34 Benton Central at Seeger rematch of opening week and the Patriots win again
37 South Vermilion at Cascade the Cadets have played some tough teams pretty close, so I'll give them the nod over SV

34 Fountain Central at Park Tudor playing on the turf at PT gives the edge to the Panthers, but that 9-0 is against probably the weakest schedule in the state

Clinton Prairie at Covington  Gophers should be the slight favorites

North Vermilion at Attica Falcons will take it easy so they remain healthy for the next week.  They have a shot of at least making the sectional final

47 Parke Heritage at Covenant Christian CC on turf will be too much for PH, who'll blame it on overconsumption of elephant ears at the Covered Bridge Festival

Riverton Parke at Cloverdale RP may be the only WRC team standing after week 1.  Who would have predicted that?

Whoever made these sectionals must’ve flunked geometry, I swear to God they did I would say it was probably more geography than geometry, but you never know with the IHSAA

9 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

34 Benton Central at Seeger rematch of opening week and the Patriots win again
37 South Vermilion at Cascade the Cadets have played some tough teams pretty close, so I'll give them the nod over SV

34 Fountain Central at Park Tudor playing on the turf at PT gives the edge to the Panthers, but that 9-0 is against probably the weakest schedule in the state

Clinton Prairie at Covington  Gophers should be the slight favorites

North Vermilion at Attica Falcons will take it easy so they remain healthy for the next week.  They have a shot of at least making the sectional final

47 Parke Heritage at Covenant Christian CC on turf will be too much for PH, who'll blame it on overconsumption of elephant ears at the Covered Bridge Festival

Riverton Parke at Cloverdale RP may be the only WRC team standing after week 1.  Who would have predicted that?

Whoever made these sectionals must’ve flunked geometry, I swear to God they did I would say it was probably more geography than geometry, but you never know with the IHSAA

I kinda suck at math but if Riverton Parkes would win there would be at least 2 WRC teams remaining. 

• Like 1

Cascade is 5-4... but those losses have come to 8-1 Triton Central- unbeaten Indy Lutheran, 7-2 Monrivia (42-35) and last week to 8-1 South Putnam--a game they were poised to win at the end and fumbled a pitch out in the rain.  Ill admit the wins aren't really big time (4-4 Beech Grove, 2-6 Edgewood, 2-5 Cloverdale, 3-5 Owen Valley and 3-5 North Putnam). South V's only lose comes to 5-3 Sullivan in DOT 38-35, with quality wins over 6-3 Seeger 37-22 and 6-3  N.Vermillion 40-35 as well as (6-3) Fountain Central.  The Wildcats certainly have certainly put up the points this year (45.44/game), but the Cadets have too--(37.0/g)-- and that's considering triton central held them to 13, as did Lutheran, and 17 vs South Putnam.  I think it's safe to say the Cadets S.O.S. is much higher than SV has seen... but games aren't played on paper or stats alone. Sagarin has Cascade rated 3rd (54.61) in sectional 37, behind Greencastle and Linton..and virtually neck to neck with the Tigercubs.  SV, despite being 8-1 and ranked 6th of 8 as 45.62.   Cascade has highest Sagarin SOS in our sectional....(36.3) South V the lowest (22.56).   The game is at Cascade as well...  And I think the Cadets would be the favorite.  A good win by South Vermillion would open some eyes on the Wildcats.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Cascade is 5-4... but those losses have come to 8-1 Triton Central- unbeaten Indy Lutheran, 7-2 Monrivia (42-35) and last week to 8-1 South Putnam--a game they were poised to win at the end and fumbled a pitch out in the rain.  Ill admit the wins aren't really big time (4-4 Beech Grove, 2-6 Edgewood, 2-5 Cloverdale, 3-5 Owen Valley and 3-5 North Putnam). South V's only lose comes to 5-3 Sullivan in DOT 38-35, with quality wins over 6-3 Seeger 37-22 and 6-3  N.Vermillion 40-35 as well as (6-3) Fountain Central.  The Wildcats certainly have certainly put up the points this year (45.44/game), but the Cadets have too--(37.0/g)-- and that's considering triton central held them to 13, as did Lutheran, and 17 vs South Putnam.  I think it's safe to say the Cadets S.O.S. is much higher than SV has seen... but games aren't played on paper or stats alone. Sagarin has Cascade rated 3rd (54.61) in sectional 37, behind Greencastle and Linton..and virtually neck to neck with the Tigercubs.  SV, despite being 8-1 and ranked 6th of 8 as 45.62.   Cascade has highest Sagarin SOS in our sectional....(36.3) South V the lowest (22.56).   The game is at Cascade as well...  And I think the Cadets would be the favorite.  A good win by South Vermillion would open some eyes on the Wildcats.  

First, welcome back!

2nd and foremost when I’ve mentioned their SOS I’m called a hater. I swear to God I am. 

Sectionals Round 1...

Benton Central @ Seeger - Rematch from week two should go in the Patriots favor. But expect the Bison to make it a game. Seeger 42-28

South Vermillion @ Cascade - This actually should be a fun one. Both teams can score in bunches. What gives in first? The Cadets pass defense or the Wildcats run defense? I say the Home team settles in and controls the clock. Cascade 35-32

Fountain Central @ Park Tudor - The Mustangs have a good opportunity to play spoiler. Hopefully they can contain the Panthers QB. Hopefully. Park Tudor 35-14

Clinton Prairie @ Covington - The Gophers have a decent run game. Albiet it was a rain game, but the Trojans got run over by RP last week. Doesn't look promising. Clinton Prairie 35-18

North Vermillion @ Attica - The Falcons are too much here. Ramblers far from what they used to be. North Vermillion Wins

Parke Heritage @ Covenant Christian - Poor Woolfs get to travel to Indy for their last game. You would think the Warriors could afford their own field by now. Covenant Christian 44-14

Riverton Parke @ Cloverdale - Panthers have strung together 3 straight wins. Clovers have taken some lumps the past few weeks. RP ground and pounds another opponent. Riverton Parke 35-12

I believe that is 3 WRC teams winning this week, lol!

25 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

Sectionals Round 1...

Benton Central @ Seeger - Rematch from week two should go in the Patriots favor. But expect the Bison to make it a game. Seeger 42-28

South Vermillion @ Cascade - This actually should be a fun one. Both teams can score in bunches. What gives in first? The Cadets pass defense or the Wildcats run defense? I say the Home team settles in and controls the clock. Cascade 35-32

Fountain Central @ Park Tudor - The Mustangs have a good opportunity to play spoiler. Hopefully they can contain the Panthers QB. Hopefully. Park Tudor 35-14

Clinton Prairie @ Covington - The Gophers have a decent run game. Albiet it was a rain game, but the Trojans got run over by RP last week. Doesn't look promising. Clinton Prairie 35-18

North Vermillion @ Attica - The Falcons are too much here. Ramblers far from what they used to be. North Vermillion Wins

Parke Heritage @ Covenant Christian - Poor Woolfs get to travel to Indy for their last game. You would think the Warriors could afford their own field by now. Covenant Christian 44-14

Riverton Parke @ Cloverdale - Panthers have strung together 3 straight wins. Clovers have taken some lumps the past few weeks. RP ground and pounds another opponent. Riverton Parke 35-12

I believe that is 3 WRC teams winning this week, lol!

Can Park Tudors stop the Mustang running game? Their schedule is pretty weak. I swear to God it is 

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Can Park Tudors stop the Mustang running game? Their schedule is pretty weak. I swear to God it is 

I don't think they will be able to.. I was looking over their schedule and they've only played one team above .500

This have a good chance of being a high scoring game I'd say... Team with the ball last might win it 

• Like 1