Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (College Edition) (Week 7)

temptation

Not sure I would put anyone ahead of Georgia as they are the 2 time defending national champion and they are still undefeated this year. Until they lose, they are #1. Firmly believe Florida State is too high, just don’t trust them in a big spot. Good job on the rankings!!!

55 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Not sure I would put anyone ahead of Georgia as they are the 2 time defending national champion and they are still undefeated this year. Until they lose, they are #1. Firmly believe Florida State is too high, just don’t trust them in a big spot. Good job on the rankings!!!

That’s not how it works when you turn your roster over annually in college/high school football.

Carson Beck is NOT Stetson Bennett.

20 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Agree. Plus I don't trust Michigan after their debacle against TCU last year. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Obviously you aren’t watching the games then.

Who do you trust MORE than Michigan right now?  (And spare me the strength of schedule nonsense.)

Someone who's been there done that...........Georgia. Hell, I'd even trust Ohio State in the playoffs more than I would Michigan. Like a certain someone on here always says..........."show me." 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Someone who's been there done that...........Georgia. Hell, I'd even trust Ohio State in the playoffs more than I would Michigan. Like a certain someone on here always says..........."show me." 

LOL, Georgia just lost their best player for 4-6 weeks and maybe for the year if he goes the JSN route.

You’re letting bias and prior assumptions cloud your vision.

I really think there are a half dozen teams that could win it this year.  Exciting for a change.

Respect your opinion but you’ve gotta come harder than that.

Just now, temptation said:

LOL, Georgia just lost their best player for 4-6 weeks and maybe for the year if he goes the JSN route.

You’re letting bias and prior assumptions cloud your vision.

I really think there are a half dozen teams that could win it this year.  Exciting for a change.

Respect your opinion but you’ve gotta come harder than that.

Sorry, this is the best I've got. I stopped paying attention to college football after watching a coach go for it on 4th and 11, on his own 35, down only two scores, with over 11 minutes remaining. I'll defer to you on the rankings. I do give you credit for ranking teams on how they are playing right now. But damn, when was the last time a Big Ten team won the championship? I'm not about to put any money on the Wolverines. 

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Sorry, this is the best I've got. I stopped paying attention to college football after watching a coach go for it on 4th and 11, on his own 35, down only two scores, with over 11 minutes remaining. I'll defer to you on the rankings. I do give you credit for ranking teams on how they are playing right now. But damn, when was the last time a Big Ten team won the championship? I'm not about to put any money on the Wolverines. 

You would’ve gotten better odds before the season…

IMG_0711.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

I actually trust them MORE because of what happened against TCU last year.

So, what big game has Harbaugh ever won? He is James Franklin from Penn State all over again. The one time Michigan actually makes the Final Four, they lose epically to a TCU team that gets smashed 65-7 in the title game. I will make sane argument I make about Notre Dame every year, Michigan and Notre Dame recruit at a top 5 level every year and where are their national titles? Hell, both teams have qualified once in the new system and they choked badly

7 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

So, what big game has Harbaugh ever won? He is James Franklin from Penn State all over again. The one time Michigan actually makes the Final Four, they lose epically to a TCU team that gets smashed 65-7 in the title game. I will make sane argument I make about Notre Dame every year, Michigan and Notre Dame recruit at a top 5 level every year and where are their national titles? Hell, both teams have qualified once in the new system and they choked badly

1.  I mean he is 32-3 in his last 35 games and currently owns all of his rivals winning most recently by 2-3 possessions.

2.  Michigan DOES not recruit at a top 5 level every year…not even close.  Top 10 if they are lucky…usually in the 11-15 range…player development is off the charts though.

3.  They (along with ND) have qualified for the playoffs twice actually.

There is no better coach in the game right now.

Franklin can’t beat UM or OSU.  He’s 4-14 in 18 meetings.

Facts hurt.

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

1.  I mean he is 32-3 in his last 35 games and currently owns all of his rivals winning most recently by 2-3 possessions.

2.  Michigan DOES not recruit at a top 5 level every year…not even close.  Top 10 if they are lucky…usually in the 11-15 range…player development is off the charts though.

3.  They (along with ND) have qualified for the playoffs twice actually.

There is no better coach in the game right now.

Franklin can’t beat UM or OSU.  He’s 4-14 in 18 meetings.

Facts hurt.

REAL facts hurt:

1. Harbaugh is 2-5 vs Ohio State and started 0-5 vs his biggest rival. Do you recall the negativity coming out of Michigan leading up to the 2021 game? Obviously not. How is that a winning record against his biggest rival?

2. Nice for you to say they recruit between 11-15 every year. I disagree. They are at least top 10 yearly

3. Avoid the real question how does Michigan lose to an inferior TCU that gets absolutely thumped 65-7 in the next game? Most blamed coaching and not being prepared, just saying…

4. Franklin does suck, we agree on that

Edited by Komets2727

26 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

REAL facts hurt:

1. Harbaugh is 2-5 vs Ohio State and started 0-5 vs his biggest rival. Do you recall the negativity coming out of Michigan leading up to the 2021 game? Obviously not. How is that a winning record against his biggest rival?

2. Nice for you to say they recruit between 11-15 every year. I disagree. They are at least top 10 yearly

3. Avoid the real question how does Michigan lose to an inferior TCU that gets absolutely thumped 65-7 in the next game? Most blamed coaching and not being prepared, just saying…

4. Franklin does suck, we agree on that

1.  Michigan fans are ALWAYS accused of living in the past.  2-5 is what it is but 2-0 and control of the rivalry presently is all I care about.  They haven’t just beaten OSU these last two years, they’ve dominated them and killed their will.  I never wavered from Harbaugh and anyone who wanted him gone was delusional.  You called him Franklin 2.0.  Simply not true.

2.  Michigan’s classes by year since Harbaugh’s arrival according to 247:

2024:  14th

2023:  20th

2022:  12th

2021:  13th

2020:  12th

2019:  10th

2018:  22nd

2017:  5th

2016:  7th

2015:  37th

Average:  15.2

Hardly “top 5 every year”…now if you wanna talk the transfer portal, I’ll listen.  Michigan has feasted there, particularly at the line of scrimmage.

3.  Most people are morons.  Yes, it was an embarrassing loss but two pick sixes are on the coaching staff?  McCarthy lost that game and has owned it. 

4.  Temp’s bold prediction:  If PSU goes 0-2 against UM/OSU this year and Texas A&M finishes how I expect, Jimbo is gone and Franklin slides in at A&M.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

1.  Michigan fans are ALWAYS accused of living in the past.  2-5 is what it is but 2-0 and control of the rivalry presently is all I care about.  They haven’t just beaten OSU these last two years, they’ve dominated them and killed their will.  I never waivers from Harbaugh and anyone who wanted him gone was delusional.

2.  Michigan’s classes by year since Harbaugh’s arrival according to 247:

2024:  14th

2023:  20th

2022:  12th

2021:  13th

2020:  12th

2019:  10th

2018:  22nd

2017:  5th

2016:  7th

2015:  37th

Hardly “top 5 every year”…now if you wanna talk the transfer portal, I’ll listen.  Michigan has feasted there, particularly at the line of scrimmage.

3.  Most people are morons.  Yes, it was an embarrassing loss but two pick sixes are on the coaching staff?  McCarthy lost that game and has owned it. 

4.  Temp’s bold prediction:  If PSU goes 0-2 against UM/OSU this year and Texas A&M finishes how I expect, Jimbo is gone and Franklin slides in at A&M.

Fair enough. Michigan fans were jumping off bridges when Harbaugh was 0-5 vs. Ohio State and everyone was calling for his head. I am not an Ohio State fan, but they have owned Michigan the last 10 years, maybe more.

The TCU game was an embarrassment for Michigan, plain and simple. You can say it was McCarthy’s fault, but the Wolverines were simply outplayed and outcoached.

Transfer portal does count as those players put band aids in areas that need fixed. Michigan gets top talent every year at a very high level. I am pretty sure Michigan has millions of dollars available for NIL as well, at an extremely high level

Franklin is just a bad coach, he will not win at Penn State. Just ask Nebraska how playing in the Big 10 is working out for them. USC and UCLA are about to learn as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Fair enough. Michigan fans were jumping off bridges when Harbaugh was 0-5 vs. Ohio State and everyone was calling for his head. I am not an Ohio State fan, but they have owned Michigan the last 10 years, maybe more.

The TCU game was an embarrassment for Michigan, plain and simple. You can say it was McCarthy’s fault, but the Wolverines were simply outplayed and outcoached.

Transfer portal does count as those players put band aids in areas that need fixed. Michigan gets top talent every year at a very high level. I am pretty sure Michigan has millions of dollars available for NIL as well, at an extremely high level

Franklin is just a bad coach, he will not win at Penn State. Just ask Nebraska how playing in the Big 10 is working out for them. USC and UCLA are about to learn as well

Once again, why cherry picking the 10 year window?  The record is what it is but as mentioned Michigan fans (and ND fans for that matter) are always accused of living in the past.  The culture at UM and OSU is an interesting case study right now.  Day is firmly on the hot seat (fair or not) if they lose again to Michigan.

Michigan got inside the 5 yard line twice against TCU and came away empty both times.  The “Philly special” failure was on the coaches.  I’ll give you that.   The fumble inside the 1 (after the Roman Wilson TD was controversially overturned I might add) was bad luck.

The two JJ pick sixes were all on #9.  They still had a chance to WIN THE GAME despite these failures.  I blame little, if any of the above on the coaching staffs shoulders.

I am not under the delusion that Michigan was beating Georgia last year, but they sure as hell would have been competitive.  

Michigan is careful in their NIL approach and it’s much different from how most other programs do it.  It was designed for student athletes to benefit financially once they got on campus, but instead has become a bidding war for recruits.  Michigan will never win those bag contests but has a great collective once student athletes get on campus and begin performing.

yes, Franklin is annoying and his endgame management skills leave a lot to be desired, but he is always also good for one ridiculous soundbite.

Latest example, in the week leading up to his team, playing Massachusetts (the worst FBS team in America), (they’ve also already played an FCS school in Delaware) he has the audacity to call out “other programs” about soft schedules in order to chase being undefeated, lol.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Once again, why cherry picking the 10 year window?  The record is what it is but as mentioned Michigan fans (and ND fans for that matter) are always accused of living in the past.  The culture at UM and OSU is an interesting case study right now.  Day is firmly on the hot seat (fair or not) if they lose again to Michigan.

Michigan got inside the 5 yard line twice against TCU and came away empty both times.  The “Philly special” failure was on the coaches.  I’ll give you that.   The fumble inside the 1 (after the Roman Wilson TD was controversially overturned I might add) was bad luck.

The two JJ pick sixes were all on #9.  They still had a chance to WIN THE GAME despite these failures.  I blame little, if any of the above on the coaching staffs shoulders.

I am not under the delusion that Michigan was beating Georgia last year, but they sure as hell would have been competitive.  

Michigan is careful in their NIL approach and it’s much different from how most other programs do it.  It was designed for student athletes to benefit financially once they got on campus, but instead has become a bidding war for recruits.  Michigan will never win those bag contests but has a great collective once student athletes get on campus and begin performing.

yes, Franklin is annoying and his endgame management skills leave a lot to be desired, but he is always also good for one ridiculous soundbite.

Latest example, in the week leading up to his team, playing Massachusetts (the worst FBS team in America), (they’ve also already played an FCS school in Delaware) he has the audacity to call out “other programs” about soft schedules in order to chase being undefeated, lol.

Yes, I heard that sound bite from Franklin and sprayed (wasted) a perfectly good ice cold beverage on his stupidity. UMASS and Delaware and he has the audacity to call out other programs for their scheduling…. Here’s a thought, how about you beat Michigan or Ohio State in a year and quit celebrating the Tropicana Bowl in Florida every year!!! Hell, he deserves to go the SEC where he can try and BUY a title against the rest of the cheaters in that conference 

38 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Yes, I heard that sound bite from Franklin and sprayed (wasted) a perfectly good ice cold beverage on his stupidity. UMASS and Delaware and he has the audacity to call out other programs for their scheduling…. Here’s a thought, how about you beat Michigan or Ohio State in a year and quit celebrating the Tropicana Bowl in Florida every year!!! Hell, he deserves to go the SEC where he can try and BUY a title against the rest of the cheaters in that conference 

Folks also like to dump on Harbaugh’s bowl record which I guess is valid though I’ll debate that outside of the playoff, bowl games are largely irrelevant now.  

Franklin’s bowl record on the other hand (particularly NY6 bowls) is also a misnomer as he matched up against MEMPHIS and caught an Utah team minus Cam Rising for most of the game in last year’s Rose Bowl.

Guy is a phony.

Edited by temptation

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Folks also like to dump on Harbaugh’s bowl record which I guess is valid though I’ll debate that outside of the playoff, bowl games are largely irrelevant now.  

Franklin’s bowl record on the other hand (particularly NY6 bowls) is also a misnomer as he matched up against MEMPHIS and caught an Utah team minus Cam Rising for most of the game in last year’s Rose Bowl.

Guy is a phony.

As a close friend that is a central PA boy and a PSU alum repeatedly tells me...Franklin can recruit a bit, but sure can't coach.....

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Guy is a phony.

Franklin did win 9 games twice at Vanderbilt. That's impressive. He's made some awful coaching decisions (QB read with McSorely on 4th and 6 against Ohio State) that get extra magnified, but he's been pretty solid there. They are extremely talented this year (and young) and they get a banged up Ohio State with inconsistent QB play at the right time. Wouldn't be shocked to see them spring the upset in Columbus Saturday gaining an inside track to the East championship. 

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Franklin did win 9 games twice at Vanderbilt. That's impressive. He's made some awful coaching decisions (QB read with McSorely on 4th and 6 against Ohio State) that get extra magnified, but he's been pretty solid there. They are extremely talented this year (and young) and they get a banged up Ohio State with inconsistent QB play at the right time. Wouldn't be shocked to see them spring the upset in Columbus Saturday gaining an inside track to the East championship. 

If they don’t get OSU this year…

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

If they don’t get OSU this year…

They're on the road so who knows. I still think the Big 3 all hold serve at home when all said and done pitting a 3 way tie at the top of the East division creating some post-Thanksgiving chaos. No clue how the tiebreakers would unfold in that scenario. 

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They're on the road so who knows. I still think the Big 3 all hold serve at home when all said and done pitting a 3 way tie at the top of the East division creating some post-Thanksgiving chaos. No clue how the tiebreakers would unfold in that scenario. 

Goes to the fifth tiebreaker which is combined conference records of Big Ten West opponents