• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Heartland Sectionals

Cass wins, but it should be close.

Eastern easily over the Panthers.

Prairie over the Trojans.

Carroll big over the Cavaliers.

West Central over the Titans.

Tri Central in a close one.

Sheridan gets the home win over Hagerstown.

I think 5 of the 7 HHC teams live to play another week.

Delphi at Cass  -  Cass in a good game

Elwood at Eastern -- Eastern by a lot

Clinton Prairie at Covington -- CP  if their QB plays

Carroll at Tri County  -- Carroll name the score

West Central at Taylor-- WC closer than people think 

Tri Central at Frontier--Tri Cental by couple scores

Hagerstown at Sheridan-- Sheridan bounces back 

2nd Round of Sectionals

Clinton Prairie @ North Vermillion - Picking and cheering for the fellow HHC team... Sagarin has them at a near deadlock, NV with a rating of 35.21 vs 35.18 for CP, should be a good game, one play could make a difference in this one.

Tipton @ Eastern - Tipton with the #8 most difficult schedule in 2A(Sagarin) and Eastern with the #12 easiest schedule in 2A... could be closer than records indicate!

West Central @ Tri-Central - would love to see Tri-Central keep it close.

Caston @ Caroll😬 running clock by halftime.

Tindley @ Sheridan 😬 running clock by halftime.

Clinton Central @ Park Tudor😬 running clock by halftime.

North Vermillion over Clinton Prairie - if the game were at CP I might think differently.  Might be the best game of all of the HHC sectional games.

Eastern over Tipton - Blue Devils only win was over a winless team.  Don't see the Comets slipping up in this one.

Tri Central over West Central - Trojans vs. Trojans.  I'll take the boys from Sharpsville over the boys from Francesville, especially at home.

Carroll over Caston - Hoosier North fans will say Caston has a shot.  I think the Comets get shot down by the Cougars by a bunch.

Sheridan over Tindley - Tindley will bring some athletes, but the Hawks should prevail rather easily.

Park Tudor over Clinton Central - u-g-l-y, you ain't got no alibi, this is ugly.

I think three teams easily move on, with TC & CP in toss ups.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Park Tudor over Clinton Central - u-g-l-y, you ain't got no alibi, this is ugly.

I think if every player on the Bulldog squad wears those huge shoulder pads with neck rolls, and the Green Tie makes an appearance (with a short-sleeve button down shirt of course),  CC has a real chance to just intimidate Part Tudor off of the field.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I think if every player on the Bulldog squad wears those huge shoulder pads with neck rolls, and the Green Tie makes an appearance (with a short-sleeve button down shirt of course),  CC has a real chance to just intimidate Part Tudor off of the field.

Don't forget the green hat to go along with it.  I'm not sure even that would help the Bulldogs against the preppies.  I think it would be more intimidating to have a bunch of farm boys in Carhart to welcome the city boys to Michigantown.  That would definitely get their attentioin.

6 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Don't forget the green hat to go along with it.  I'm not sure even that would help the Bulldogs against the preppies.  I think it would be more intimidating to have a bunch of farm boys in Carhart to welcome the city boys to Michigantown.  That would definitely get their attentioin.

Darn, forgot about the hat.   

How about rows and rows of tractors in the CC parking lot instead of cars?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Landrys Hat said:

Tri Central in an upset although i think their schedule has prepared them for this game

Agreed Tri-C has had a tougher schedule but surprised you and Ballhawk both think Tri-C in an upset.
Is that just wishful thinking or am I missing something I am seeing on paper...

Sagarin has WC as 21-point favorite and their 2 common opponents WC wiped the floor with and Tri-C won in 1 score games.

Still hopeful they keep it close just not seeing that on paper, wondering if there are any injuries or players returning from injury that will make a big difference.

3 hours ago, khayward said:

Agreed Tri-C has had a tougher schedule but surprised you and Ballhawk both think Tri-C in an upset.
Is that just wishful thinking or am I missing something I am seeing on paper...

Sagarin has WC as 21-point favorite and their 2 common opponents WC wiped the floor with and Tri-C won in 1 score games.

Still hopeful they keep it close just not seeing that on paper, wondering if there are any injuries or players returning from injury that will make a big difference.

I watched WC vs. South Newton and was not impressed.  SN should have beaten them.  TC is on a winning streak and have played a tougher schedule, as Sagarin has TC at 249 and WC at 310.  TC is also at home, so I'm giving them the edge as it is a long drive from Francesville to Sharpsville.

I said a toss up, but honestly, having seen both teams play, I'd give TC a fighter's chance.  I may very well be proven wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but why not be the homer and go with the HHC team?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

I watched WC vs. South Newton and was not impressed.  SN should have beaten them.  TC is on a winning streak and have played a tougher schedule, as Sagarin has TC at 249 and WC at 310.  TC is also at home, so I'm giving them the edge as it is a long drive from Francesville to Sharpsville.

I said a toss up, but honestly, having seen both teams play, I'd give TC a fighter's chance.  I may very well be proven wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but why not be the homer and go with the HHC team?

If you watched the WC VS SN film there is a 0% chance you think SN should've won... it was 54-6 and the 6 they scored should've been a INT but the DB jumped really early... WC didn't punt a single time...

The clock should be rolling all night as both teams love to run the football but who will make the explosive plays to win... 

• Like 1

2nd Round of Sectionals

Clinton Prairie @ North Vermillion - I've been impressed with the positive step this year from the Gophers.  As just about every prediction and ranking has this as a virtual draw, I'm going to give the nod to the home team.  NV by a missed XP.

Tipton @ Eastern - Eastern big, but not by running clock big.

West Central @ Tri-Central - West Central gets it done in Sharpsville.

Caston @ Carroll - Running clock.

Tindley @ Sheridan  Running clock.

Clinton Central @ Park Tudor - Running clock.

42 minutes ago, FootballGuy18 said:

If you watched the WC VS SN film there is a 0% chance you think SN should've won... it was 54-6 and the 6 they scored should've been a INT but the DB jumped really early... WC didn't punt a single time...

The clock should be rolling all night as both teams love to run the football but who will make the explosive plays to win... 

My apologies.  I mistook WC for Frontier in the SN game.

I'll still stick to my TC prediction.  Sorry for the confusion.

Clinton Prairie @ North Vermillion -  I'll take the home team in a good one

Tipton @ Eastern - Comets at home- not a normal Tipton team- I'm sure they'll bounce back very quickly in near future

West Central @ Tri-Central - W Central- have too much speed for TC

Caston @ Caroll - Carroll keeps moving on

Tindley @ Sheridan  Sheridan 

Clinton Central @ Park Tudor - Park Tudor

Sagarin had me doubting Tri-Central. Those were some good picks that I was questioning last week!

Sectional Championships:

Carroll @ Tri-Central - Tri-Central delays the running clock until the end of 3rd Q instead of halftime this time around.

Sheridan @ Monroe Central - Sheridan handles business, running clock? maybe, wouldn't be surprised at a closer game either.

Eastern @ Bluffton - I think Bluffton wins at home, I will take Eastern +10(Sagarin) with their high-stat offense. I think they find a way through the air or with the run, they should find something one way or the other. This is an interesting game for Carroll as well. No common opponents with Adams Central but they did both beat up on these 2 teams so the result here could be interesting if someone gets beat pretty badly, might be the best insight into the Carroll/AC Regional Rematch next week.

37 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Sectional Championships:

Carroll @ Tri-Central - Carroll get a running clock before 2nd half

Sheridan @ Monroe Central - Sheridan earns running clock at some point in the 3rd Q.

Eastern @ Bluffton - Bluffton by a TD, but like most games that are this close, surprises could happen.

There’s no running clock before 2nd half. State law

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Now I'm wondering if it's 35-0 at halftime, and the team with 0 runs the 2nd half opening kickoff back for a TD, is it still a running clock? @Bobref?

Yes.

In normal timing, the game clock would start when the kickoff was legally touched. In Mercy Rule timing, it starts when the ball is kicked. Once it starts, Mercy Rule timing is in effect for the remainder of the game.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Yes.

In normal timing, the game clock would start when the kickoff was legally touched. In Mercy Rule timing, it starts when the ball is kicked. Once it starts, Mercy Rule timing is in effect for the remainder of the game.

Correct, but didn't realize you couldn't come out of the running clock if you start to score and make an attempted comeback. I guess it's just so rare that it's not an issue.
Has anyone ever seen anyone come back and win a game on a running clock after being down 35 in the 2nd half? With limited time that would be one of the rarest of rare feats I would think.

On 10/25/2023 at 3:38 PM, Ballhawk said:

My apologies.  I mistook WC for Frontier in the SN game.

I'll still stick to my TC prediction.  Sorry for the confusion.

Frontier or WC, didn't matter. 

I stuck with TC and they pulled it off.  They will not be so fortunate this week.