Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 6A Tournament Predictions

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Carmel has always dominated the country club sports, that is a surprise to no one.  

Their football and basketball teams are in decline.

Next...

Ahh...changing the narrative....that is not what you said...you stated your theory that Carmel with 5000+ students is detrimental to football and hoops.  I showed you that they had won both basketball and football championships with 5000+ students.

If Carmel football and basketball is in decline, it has NOTHING to do with their student enrollment of 5000+.

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

If Carmel football and basketball is in decline, it has NOTHING to do with their student enrollment of 5000+.

It's not on the decline.  As a '71 graduate, going to state in BBL was electric.  The whole town was buzzing.  Now, they've taken on the Ricky Bobby approach....... "If you ain't 1st you're last".

There's no decline.  Just a few leaner years on the talent side (and maybe coaching too?) It's happened before and it will happen again.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Carmel has always dominated the country club sports, that is a surprise to no one.  

Their football and basketball teams are in decline.

Next...

If you start talking contraction, I'll think maybe another person has taken over your account 🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Ahh...changing the narrative....that is not what you said...you stated your theory that Carmel with 5000+ students is detrimental to football and hoops.  I showed you that they had won both basketball and football championships with 5000+ students.

You are viewing things as an absolute.  You CAN win with 5000+ but in certain sports it’s detrimental.  I can’t believe you have me defending Carmel.

3 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

If you start talking contraction, I'll think maybe another person has taken over your account 🤣

LOL.  No, not at all.  

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

You are viewing things as an absolute.  You CAN win with 5000+ but in certain sports it’s detrimental.  I can’t believe you have me defending Carmel.

LOL.  No, not at all.  

That may be your opinion, but you don't base that opinion on one ounce of fact.  I just showed you historical performance that they have won BOTH football and basketball championships with 5000+ students.  

Your underlined quote above is absolute....I am simply providing you clear data that is in direct conflict with your opinionated statement....nothing more.

You are not defending Carmel...you are defending your statement.  

The 2500 student enrollment figure is absurd unless you are implying that Carmel could lose the worst athletes on campus and be just as good. The reality is your chances of getting high quality players increase with the number of players you have to pick from.

Edited by Grover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grover said:

The 2500 student enrollment figure is absurd unless you are implying that Carmel could lose the worst athletes on campus and be just as good. The reality is your chances of getting high quality players increase with the number of players you have to pick from.

There simply a point of diminishing returns once you reach a certain number.

Another hypothetical:  What if Carmel were split into two schools of 2700?  

I’m betting both schools’ record averages out to be just over .500 unless you “filter” the football players one place and certain athletes gravitate towards one school.

There is little difference between 2500 and 5000…much less than 1000 to 3500 or 1500 to 4000.

This isn’t that hard.  Stop getting your feelings hurt.  CG is damn good.  You’re taking this as some sort of slight against the Trojans.  I respect their program more so than any other program in the state.

You also don’t like me and are letting emotions dictate your outrage.  It’ll be ok.  I promise.

Edited by temptation

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

There simply a point of diminishing returns once you reach a certain number.

Another hypothetical:  What if Carmel were split into two schools of 2700?  

I’m betting both schools’ record averages out to be just over .500 unless you “filter” the football players one place and certain athletes gravitate towards one school.

There is little difference between 2500 and 5000…much less than 1000 to 3500 or 1500 to 4000.

This isn’t that hard.  Stop getting your feelings hurt.  CG is damn good.  You’re taking this as some sort of slight against the Trojans.  I respect their program more so than any other program in the state.

You also don’t like me and are letting emotions dictate your outrage.  It’ll be ok.  I promise.

What are you even talking about?  This has nothing to do with CG.  It is about Carmel and your incorrect take on having more students.  No big deal.  It's hardly the first time you've been wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grover said:

What are you even talking about?  This has nothing to do with CG.  It is about Carmel and your incorrect take on having more students.  No big deal.  It's hardly the first time you've been wrong.

Not a coincidence that two CG slappies (whose favorite team has an enrollment around 2500) are going in on me here.

It’s easy to say I am not wrong but we will never know.  There is no way to tangibly prove what I’m claiming.  It’s a theory.

My record speaks for itself.  You might like like what I say or how I say it..:but I’m right more than I’m wrong.

22 minutes ago, Grover said:

I disagree with Temp that having 5,000 students is a detriment, but do agree in a sense that at some point enrollment becomes redundant/irrelevant. If you have 2500-3000 kids in your school and can’t find 60-80 boys to field a competitive football team, that’s on you.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I disagree with Temp that having 5,000 students is a detriment, but do agree in a sense that at some point enrollment becomes redundant/irrelevant. If you have 2500-3000 kids in your school and can’t find 60-80 boys to field a competitive football team, that’s on you.

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/logs/IndianapolisTech.htm#loaded

Edited by temptation

54 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I don’t disagree with diminishing returns but I greatly disagree with calling it a detriment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Agree. There are a couple handful of coaches that could have Carmel in the National Top 100 every year with those resources. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Agree. There are a couple handful of coaches that could have Carmel in the National Top 100 every year with those resources. 

I think it’s becoming a bit of a culture at Carmel.  This’ll piss @Footballking16 off but I’ve long been a believer that socioeconomic status determines, in large part, how successful a school’s athletic program is…

Carmel has the opposite problem of Tech.  Their disadvantaged population (just under 10 percent at last check) is a detriment in football because those kids simply don’t have the same “grit” as districts in the sweet spot of 20-35%.  Football (safety issues) has become the devil to “soccer moms” in many areas and Carmel likely has more than its fair share of those compared to other areas.

Once again another theory…that I’ll get skull dragged for.

Tee off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I think it’s becoming a bit of a culture at Carmel.  This’ll piss @Footballking16 off but I’ve long been a believer that socioeconomic status determines, in large part, how successful a school’s athletic program is…

Carmel has the opposite problem of Tech.  Their disadvantaged population (just under 10 percent at last check) is a detriment in football because those kids simply don’t have the same “grit” as districts in the sweet spot of 20-35%.  Football (safety issues) has become the devil to “soccer moms” in many areas and Carmel likely has more than its fair share of those compared to other areas.

Tee off.

This seems to make sense, because the word is that Penn's best don't play football anymore. Rather than playing multiple sports, more students are specializing and that is taking away from the talent pool that Penn had the benefit of picking from. Also, a lot of parents up in our area just think football is going to lead to long term health issues, and prevent their children from participating in the sport. 

My child attends a local catholic middle school up here, and I was helping with the schools middle school football team, from what I was told just in the last five years they went from a team of two deep to no longer being a team. We were so low on numbers we were absorbed by another school. 

Soccer participation is up in these schools and Lax participation is up as well. Football is declining. I am not shocked that Carmel may be suffering from parents who think they are doing what is best for their child and even specialization. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Tee off.

No different than a certain someone on TV all the time. You get hammered from all angles and just keep going. 

10 hours ago, temptation said:

This is why I say it's the program and not as much enrollment , although enrollment does help . Look at Perry Meridian in Wrestling, or how about Mater Dei , Mishawaka and Bellmont . They had the premier wrestling programs in the state , size did not matter .