Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Sectional Thread

2 hours ago, WRC123 said:

I don't think they will be able to.. I was looking over their schedule and they've only played one team above .500

This have a good chance of being a high scoring game I'd say... Team with the ball last might win it 

FC has put up over 500 yards in each of the last two games. Nice balance between the pass and run. I think they’ll surprise everyone tonight and advance, I swear to God they will 

Round 2 games for the remaining WRC teams. 
In 2A Seegers goes to Lewis Cass. Winner plays either Rochester or LCC.

1A Clinton Prairie at North Vermilions. Winner gets Park Tudors 

Covenant Christians at Riverton Parkes. Winner gets South Putnams or Lutherans 

I think Seegers will keep it close but give Cass the advantage 

Falcons will blow CP out. 
CC will win easily 

Not surprised South Vermilions lost but thought it would be closer. The new conference with the smaller Sagamore teams would prepare them for the 2A tournament better than the WRC. I swear to God it would. 
I thought FC or NV might have a shot at PT but after watching them Friday I think they will hammer NV as well 

And then there were 3, Sectional Round 2...

Seeger @ Lewis Cass - Patriots are struggling on offense as of late and they have a road trip to a pretty decent opponent. I'll take the Kings in this one. LC 28-13

Clinton Prairie @ North Vermillion - Falcons basically had a bye week. The Gophers are a little tougher than some people would like to think. I'll take the visitors. CP 35-28

Covenant Christian @ Riverton Parke - Warriors look to sweep the Parke County schools. However, I'm sure they'll find the turf at RP isn't quite what they're used to. Panthers offensive style could make CC uncomfortable. I like the Panthers in a close one. RP 26-24

4 hours ago, Bear54 said:

And then there were 3, Sectional Round 2...

Seeger @ Lewis Cass - Patriots are struggling on offense as of late and they have a road trip to a pretty decent opponent. I'll take the Kings in this one. LC 28-13

Clinton Prairie @ North Vermillion - Falcons basically had a bye week. The Gophers are a little tougher than some people would like to think. I'll take the visitors. CP 35-28

Covenant Christian @ Riverton Parke - Warriors look to sweep the Parke County schools. However, I'm sure they'll find the turf at RP isn't quite what they're used to. Panthers offensive style could make CC uncomfortable. I like the Panthers in a close one. RP 26-24

The Gophers got their ass kicked by every decent team they played. It’ll be the same this week. I swear to God it will 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 3:29 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Not surprised South Vermilions lost but thought it would be closer. The new conference with the smaller Sagamore teams would prepare them for the 2A tournament better than the WRC. I swear to God it would.

I don't think putting them up against bigger schools would help them much.  Sv has been 2/3A for years, and has barely been able to win against small 1A schools for the most part.  Most importantly though is that they always think they are badass! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

I don't think putting them up against bigger schools would help them much.  Sv has been 2/3A for years, and has barely been able to win against small 1A schools for the most part.  Most importantly though is that they always think they are badass! 

Proud of our sons and their accomplishments does not mean we "think we're badass."  We are, however, very proud...Proud of Coach Barrett and his staff and the program they have built.  Proud of the character development/community service  aspect that is built into the program.  Proud of our "12th man" for packing the stands at both home and away games.  Proud that they have turned around a program that was struggling.  Proud of the 2 youth football super bowl wins this season and proud of the Banks of the Wabash tournament win for our middle school program.  Proud of Coach Barrett's 100th career win as a head coach.  And yes, we are proud of winning the WRC conference championship.  It's a shame that some of you take that pride as arrogance.  I wish you all could see what I (we) see.

Week after week, we read on here that we are "1A dominant" like it is a negative thing.  We read that we should be winning those games and because we were 2A...and that we should be in a different conference.  I never once read the same thing about Seeger, which is also 2A.  And I don't ever remember reading that we should be in a different conference several years ago when we were getting beat by your 1A teams...then it was OK that we were in the conference when your teams were beating us handily and running up the score on the big, evil 2A Wildcats.   

This season is over and next season started Saturday morning, Wildcats.  Visor up, baby!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wildcat Willy said:

Week after week, we read on here that we are "1A dominant" like it is a negative thing.  We read that we should be winning those games and because we were 2A...and that we should be in a different conference.  I never once read the same thing about Seeger, which is also 2A.  And I don't ever remember reading that we should be in a different conference several years ago when we were getting beat by your 1A teams...then it was OK that we were in the conference when your teams were beating us handily and running up the score on the big, evil 2A Wildcats.   

You're a fan, so you should feel this way about your team.  I'm sure they appreciate the support.  For the record, Seeger is a borderline 1A-2A school with a little under 400 students.  SV is the largest 2A school with over 500 students, so not truly an apples to apples comparison.  You should at least dip your toes a little deeper in 2A & 3A in the out of conference just to give you some idea of what you're up against.  Beating up on weak or mediocre 1A opponents only gives you a false sense of confidence.

As for this week's games, I see only NV as a slight favorite over the Gophers.  If the game were at CP I might lean a different way.  If Seeger were home I might take them, but the trip to Walton tips the scales to the Kings.  CC has to be heavily favored over RP.  It doesn't matter if they play on grass, turf or a cornfield, CC has athletes and they may slow down a bit, but not enough.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wildcat Willy said:

Proud of our sons and their accomplishments does not mean we "think we're badass."  We are, however, very proud...Proud of Coach Barrett and his staff and the program they have built.  Proud of the character development/community service  aspect that is built into the program.  Proud of our "12th man" for packing the stands at both home and away games.  Proud that they have turned around a program that was struggling.  Proud of the 2 youth football super bowl wins this season and proud of the Banks of the Wabash tournament win for our middle school program.  Proud of Coach Barrett's 100th career win as a head coach.  And yes, we are proud of winning the WRC conference championship.  It's a shame that some of you take that pride as arrogance.  I wish you all could see what I (we) see.

This season is over and next season started Saturday morning, Wildcats.  Visor up, baby!

The only thing that pride did was get you bounced first round of the sectional. And my mama said visors are the devil!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

You're a fan, so you should feel this way about your team.  I'm sure they appreciate the support.  For the record, Seeger is a borderline 1A-2A school with a little under 400 students.  SV is the largest 2A school with over 500 students, so not truly an apples to apples comparison.  You should at least dip your toes a little deeper in 2A & 3A in the out of conference just to give you some idea of what you're up against.  Beating up on weak or mediocre 1A opponents only gives you a false sense of confidence.

As for this week's games, I see only NV as a slight favorite over the Gophers.  If the game were at CP I might lean a different way.  If Seeger were home I might take them, but the trip to Walton tips the scales to the Kings.  CC has to be heavily favored over RP.  It doesn't matter if they play on grass, turf or a cornfield, CC has athletes and they may slow down a bit, but not enough.

In order prepare for the season, we had preseason scrimmages against 4A Southport, 4A Terre Haute North (twice), 4A Terre Haute South, and 3A Northview (twice).  In regular season, we played 3A West Vigo.  We don't solely play smaller schools.  Against differing opinions on here, we parents don't get to choose who is on the schedule.  We play the team that is on the schedule.

We were beat last week by a good Cascade team.  There is no shame in that.

15 hours ago, Wildcat Willy said:

In order prepare for the season, we had preseason scrimmages against 4A Southport, 4A Terre Haute North (twice), 4A Terre Haute South, and 3A Northview (twice).  In regular season, we played 3A West Vigo.  We don't solely play smaller schools.  Against differing opinions on here, we parents don't get to choose who is on the schedule.  We play the team that is on the schedule.

We were beat last week by a good Cascade team.  There is no shame in that.

Good information.  Thanks for sharing.  I agree, can't do anything about the schedule.  I guess the only other item would be for the remainder of the WRC to step up their game and give you some better competition.  It used to be that way, but now most teams seem to be shadows of their former selves.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:40 PM, Wildcat Willy said:

I never once read the same thing about Seeger, which is also 2A. 

I would say the difference is that Seeger is a 2A school that has been 1A until 2019. They've been apart of the WRC since it's inception and weren't a 3A school that joined an entirely 1A conference(in 2017, when SV was let in every school was 1A.)

All that being said, winning the WRC is a tough task, and it's not like SV had it handed to them, so hats off to them for running the table and good luck to the Patriots, Falcons and Panthers this weekend! It'd be quite a statement to have 3 WRC teams in the Sectional Championship next week!

• Like 1

Ok the squirrel has been busy dodging tigers for survival but I must speak on this weeks game and SV

CC @ RP- Same result as last year RP can't compete CC wins 56-0

Seeger at Lewis Cass- Patriots are inconsistent give me lewis cass 45-21

CP @ NV- NV better be ready for a physical game and they will be give me the falcons 34-29

Now SV deserved to win the conference but if they want to win the sectional they can't be playing teams like Attica, RP, PH, and Cov on a weekly basis. I agree they should play teams like NV and Seeger but at some point they got to realize Linton, Sullivan and Cascade are different animals. Cascade plays a tough schedule with teams like Lutheran, Monrovia, and Triton Central. I whole heartily believe SV was better than Cascade but Cascade was more battle tested than SV. SV being the WRC is not good for the conference in my opinion. The two sports they don't dominate is Basketball and football. In sports like track, swimming, cross country they dominate I think they are better suited for the WIC and they would still be relevant in football and basketball in that conference. SV is a good school with a great community filled with great families and they deserve to win a sectional but playing in the WRC I don't see them doing that.

The squirrel has spoken Good Luck to all three teams left and to the seniors who careers are over remember the good times not the result and to those seniors still alive cherish every last practice and games with your brothers cause in a year your going to wish you had one last chance.

21 hours ago, Wildcat Willy said:

In order prepare for the season, we had preseason scrimmages against 4A Southport, 4A Terre Haute North (twice), 4A Terre Haute South, and 3A Northview (twice).  In regular season, we played 3A West Vigo.  We don't solely play smaller schools.  

Yes those schools are bigger but THN was not good this year as I believe most of the Wabash Valley schools could've beaten the Patriots. You can never judge pre season because teams are never 100% and you are not scheming those teams> I understand what you are saying but I believe the Wildcats would be better playing Northview or Indian Creek or Greencastle week 1 compared to West Vigo.

19 minutes ago, GroundSquirrel said:

Ok the squirrel has been busy dodging tigers for survival but I must speak on this weeks game and SV

CC @ RP- Same result as last year RP can't compete CC wins 56-0

Seeger at Lewis Cass- Patriots are inconsistent give me lewis cass 45-21

CP @ NV- NV better be ready for a physical game and they will be give me the falcons 34-29

Now SV deserved to win the conference but if they want to win the sectional they can't be playing teams like Attica, RP, PH, and Cov on a weekly basis. I agree they should play teams like NV and Seeger but at some point they got to realize Linton, Sullivan and Cascade are different animals. Cascade plays a tough schedule with teams like Lutheran, Monrovia, and Triton Central. I whole heartily believe SV was better than Cascade but Cascade was more battle tested than SV. SV being the WRC is not good for the conference in my opinion. The two sports they don't dominate is Basketball and football. In sports like track, swimming, cross country they dominate I think they are better suited for the WIC and they would still be relevant in football and basketball in that conference. SV is a good school with a great community filled with great families and they deserve to win a sectional but playing in the WRC I don't see them doing that.

The squirrel has spoken Good Luck to all three teams left and to the seniors who careers are over remember the good times not the result and to those seniors still alive cherish every last practice and games with your brothers cause in a year your going to wish you had one last chance.

I’ve said this about SV for 2 years but was toad I’m a hater and bitter.. Even when the WRC had several strong teams it’s not enough to prepare a team for a 2A run.

5 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’ve said this about SV for 2 years but was toad I’m a hater and bitter.. Even when the WRC had several strong teams it’s not enough to prepare a team for a 2A run.

Boy, Donnie…you’ve mentioned that a few times now. I must have hit a nerve. It wasn’t directed solely at you.