Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider vs North Side

NorthSide has become a dumpster fire and the whole documentary has thrown gasoline on the fire.  The documentary has exposed how bad the staff is and their complete lack of control over the program.  Kaden Hurst MUST have seen this and got out and man has he shined.  Now I'm hearing that since Tae made the choice to end his season and have surgery to repair his shoulder before he gets to South Bend that Coach Johnson called Notre Dame to inform them that he THREW him off the team and that he is an attitude problem.....if thats the case, just remember team attitude reflects on the coaching attitude......js

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NE8_Fan said:

NorthSide has become a dumpster fire and the whole documentary has thrown gasoline on the fire.  The documentary has exposed how bad the staff is and their complete lack of control over the program.  Kaden Hurst MUST have seen this and got out and man has he shined.  Now I'm hearing that since Tae made the choice to end his season and have surgery to repair his shoulder before he gets to South Bend that Coach Johnson called Notre Dame to inform them that he THREW him off the team and that he is an attitude problem.....if thats the case, just remember team attitude reflects on the coaching attitude......js

Not wanting to speculate on the exact happenings too much. But it seems like the falling out at North this year has a lot of different things going on with it, with Admin, Coaches,  and Players that can all share blame.

I'll agree the top of the blame does lay on the adults in the room, you want to build up hype/swagger and run your program on chaos, don't be surprised when things start to crumble and turn ugly

But on the flip side of that, it is on players to hold some sense of responsibility themselves in their decision making both on and off the field, especially if you are trying to play at the next level. Like yes teenagers are still going to make mistakes and bad decisions, but some have much more to lose than others. 

The thing that upsets me the most (not gonna get a lot of traction on a forum like this, though). 

Is that many don't see themselves as TEACHERS 1st.  They see themselves as 'hype men' within a program, 1st and foremost.  There are numerous programs that we as officials can readily see are there to 'win'...but they also can quickly turn off the testosterone and get back to coaching/teaching.  It's a mutual respect thing.  

I am positive that a particular coach who's kinda "Caveman like" wants to win every time he steps on the gridiron.  But I also know that when the rubber hits the road, he (and his staff) have the understanding that what they do and react to, will directly impact the young men and women within their program.   

This is true of the overwhelming majority of HS coaches that I have encountered. 

But when I deal with those that see a 'game' as more than that of a 'game'.  It truly concerns me as to what is going on within that program.  The focus is skewed to something else.  Parents/Boosters/Players/Fans all then become the mob which we as officials then have to deal with.  And you wonder why we can't recruit new officials?  

As much as we like to be fans of the players on a Friday night.  Remember MOST of these players will be finished with athletics when the last whistle blows in a loss during the playoffs.  You can count on 1 hand the number of players that have made it to the NFL in a significant manner within a 5 year period from this state.  

When its all said and done, what do you want YOUR program remembered for?   Success, of course.  But sometimes that success comes in the form being able to reach young people and change their lives in a positive way.  Victories not withstanding! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

The thing that upsets me the most (not gonna get a lot of traction on a forum like this, though). 

Is that many don't see themselves as TEACHERS 1st.  They see themselves as 'hype men' within a program, 1st and foremost.  There are numerous programs that we as officials can readily see are there to 'win'...but they also can quickly turn off the testosterone and get back to coaching/teaching.  It's a mutual respect thing.  

I am positive that a particular coach who's kinda "Caveman like" wants to win every time he steps on the gridiron.  But I also know that when the rubber hits the road, he (and his staff) have the understanding that what they do and react to, will directly impact the young men and women within their program.   

This is true of the overwhelming majority of HS coaches that I have encountered. 

But when I deal with those that see a 'game' as more than that of a 'game'.  It truly concerns me as to what is going on within that program.  The focus is skewed to something else.  Parents/Boosters/Players/Fans all then become the mob which we as officials then have to deal with.  And you wonder why we can't recruit new officials?  

As much as we like to be fans of the players on a Friday night.  Remember MOST of these players will be finished with athletics when the last whistle blows in a loss during the playoffs.  You can count on 1 hand the number of players that have made it to the NFL in a significant manner within a 5 year period from this state.  

When its all said and done, what do you want YOUR program remembered for?   Success, of course.  But sometimes that success comes in the form being able to reach young people and change their lives in a positive way.  Victories not withstanding! 

Well said

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I second this. The comments on your 5A thread from some Fort Wayne posters mirror what we're seeing in this thread. And if this boorish behavior is a result of a failure to meet their own expectations we could be in for a doozy on Friday night when reality sets in for North Side that Snider is going to beat them again.

You think North may get a bit over zealous, or should I say bit chippy??

7 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

The documentary looked to gain them the attention they were seeking..however throwing cameras in front of teens may make a few "stars" who weren't ready for the spotlight..the coaches really stood out..I personally know a few n one left for undisclosed reasons b4 this season began..that being said I expect a dog fight..if Snider wins by more than 14 ill donate to the grid again this year..stg I will..

11 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The documentary looked to gain them the attention they were seeking..however throwing cameras in front of teens may make a few "stars" who weren't ready for the spotlight..the coaches really stood out..I personally know a few n one left for undisclosed reasons b4 this season began..that being said I expect a dog fight..if Snider wins by more than 14 ill donate to the grid again this year..stg I will..

You best start saving money now, Snider will put a beat down on the clown show. Saying it now, with all the BS North has done this year, there isn’t another team they would rather hammer than North

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

You best start saving money now, Snider will put a beat down on the clown show. Saying it now, with all the BS North has done this year, there isn’t another team they would rather hammer than North

Yeah. How does North possibly keep this game close without Johnson?

Was that covid year (2020) when they waxed Snider by 30? Otherwise you have to go back to 2013 or 2011. Those were North's three victories over Snider going back to the early 90's. Snider's punished this program since the retirement of Dale Doerffler. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Was that covid year (2020) when they waxed Snider by 30? Otherwise you have to go back to 2013 or 2011. Those were North's three victories over Snider going back to the early 90's. Snider's punished this program since the retirement of Dale Doerffler. 

Had to be 2011. Halls first or second year I believe. They switched to black Helmets in 2013

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

This was the game in 2011

• Like 1

Ben Johnson has the passion and the players. There were some dudes out there last night in the trenches that looked like D1 guys. I think he just needs to tweak some things internally. The game was pretty clean last night with the exception of a couple of personal fouls. Had some decent athletes as well. That quarterback could run. 

Edited by BTF

29 minutes ago, BTF said:

Ben Johnson has the passion and the players. There were some dudes out there last night in the trenches that looked like D1 guys. I think he just needs to tweak some things internally. The game was pretty clean last night with the exception of a couple of personal fouls. Had some decent athletes as well. That quarterback could run. 

Yea, I saw some good things there on North Side, but I not sure I've seen a fast start like that from Snider in awhile. Was glad that both teams stuck to the game and played a mostly uneventful game in regard to flags. Looking forward to the Mishawaka game

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Ok, you must have watched a different game then I did. North Side had jack crap, that game was over 50 seconds into the game. 14-0 with 11:10 left in the first quarter. 35-0 after one quarter, 49-0 with 10 minutes to go in the second quarter. Hell, no kidding here, it would have been 70-0 at halftime if they hadn’t pulled their starters. I saw nothing from North at all. Truthfully, North scored cause Snider put in the middle school players from Blackhawk and Lane…

Edited by Komets2727

3 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Ok, you must have watched a different game then I did. North Side had jack crap, that game was over 50 seconds into the game. 14-0 with 11:10 left in the first quarter. 35-0 after one quarter, 49-0 with 10 minutes to go in the second quarter. Hell, no kidding here, it would have been 70-0 at halftime if they hadn’t pulled their starters. I saw nothing from North at all. Truthfully, North scored cause Snider put in the middle school players from Blackhawk and Lane…

Didn't say North played any good. They were dominated. Just said they had some big kids and some athletes. No doubt Snider could have dropped 98+ on them if they wanted to. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Didn't say North played any good. They were dominated. Just said they had some big kids and some athletes. No doubt Snider could have dropped 98+ on them if they wanted to. 

Just saying South Side has athletes but it doesn’t translate to success on the football field. As far as the “coach” goes, well his track record speaks for itself

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BTF said:

D1 lineman going to purdue...he played his heart out