Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ben Davis vs. Cathedral at UIndy

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Should have booked it for Arlington. It would be nice and dark by about 6pm. Would be an interesting game to watch. 😂🤣

turn-off-shut-off.gif

Plus, leave the grass high and run the sprinklers 24 hours prior...makes for a nice sloppy, slow running surface.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Plus, leave the grass high and run the sprinklers 24 hours prior...makes for a nice sloppy, slow running surface.

Only bad thing with that is it makes it slow and sloppy for both teams. May slow up the opponent, but if you were already slower it will slow you down even more. Then you would really be "Stuck in the mud" 😂

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Temp the only one picking the Irish here?

After watching Cathedral vs CG I don’t think they have the horses to beat BD but their special teams (onside kick is very good) and BD’s habit of turning the ball over could flip this game in the Irish favor. 

Still think BD wins by 10. 

44 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Only bad thing with that is it makes it slow and sloppy for both teams. May slow up the opponent, but if you were already slower it will slow you down even more. Then you would really be "Stuck in the mud" 😂

Disagree. Advantage Irish. I've been watching football long enough to know that inclement weather equalizes things when two teams of different caliber and strengths square off. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Disagree. Advantage Irish. I've been watching football long enough to know that inclement weather equalizes things when two teams of different caliber and strengths square off. 

There's a zero percent chance Cathedral wants to or prefers to play a rainy, muddy game. They like to sling it all over the field and run tempo, none of which is conducive to inclement weather on a sloppy playing surface. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Wouldn't bet on it unfortunately. 

I am not sure who is going to win this game....however.  Ben Davis hasnt been perfect all year.  Let's not crown them just yet.  Also, Cathedral has improved quite a lot over the course of the season. I certainly wouldn't count them out.

1 minute ago, SIR IRISH said:

I am not sure who is going to win this game....however.  Ben Davis hasnt been perfect all year.  Let's not crown them just yet.  Also, Cathedral has improved quite a lot over the course of the season. I certainly wouldn't count them out.

Cathedral could certainly win. My fear is that Ben Davis is going to make Cathedral one-dimensional and Cathedral isn't going to get enough stops. I see a higher scoring affair but with Cathedral playing catch up most the game. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. 

I mean I think we all agree that if both teams play their best game, then Ben Davis should win, possibly even fairly easily but both of these teams have been fairly inconsistent this season so that portion is pretty unpredictable.

I usually give folks a hard time when they drop this line but I will anyway...my "gut" tells me Cathedral is going to show up big time Friday night.  Just a hunch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

I mean I think we all agree that if both teams play their best game, then Ben Davis should win, possibly even fairly easily but both of these teams have been fairly inconsistent this season so that portion is pretty unpredictable.

I usually give folks a hard time when they drop this line but I will anyway...my "gut" tells me Cathedral is going to show up big time Friday night.  Just a hunch.

I would be shocked if Cathedral laid down Friday night. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Outside perspective. Both teams have reason to be intimidated by the other. It's a wash. 

I beg to differ outside of the QB from Cathedral BD has the advantages at all levels on offense and on defense. People fail to realize how tough the BD defense is, and good luck stopping the offense. BD's only opposition will be themselves Friday night, if they can limit mistakes they run away with the game.    

21 minutes ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

I beg to differ outside of the QB from Cathedral BD has the advantages at all levels on offense and on defense. People fail to realize how tough the BD defense is, and good luck stopping the offense. BD's only opposition will be themselves Friday night, if they can limit mistakes they run away with the game.    

High school kids...mistakes are frequently a key part of the game.

Very bold statement....Cathedral teams execute and they have an outstanding QB...with some guys that can catch it.

BD may win, but I think this will be a hard fought game.

21 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

High school kids...mistakes are frequently a key part of the game.

Very bold statement....Cathedral teams execute and they have an outstanding QB...with some guys that can catch it.

BD may win, but I think this will be a hard fought game.

shq.gif

In all seriousness there are definitely position Cathedral will have to counteract the Ben Davis talent advantage, but I wouldn't say every position. There has been a consistent weakness this year for the Irish, and improving that weakness would make their defense much much better. It made some strides last week, but they can't afford a let down this week as Ben Davis is a extremely talented team. Ben Davis is definitely the favorite in this no doubt. The Irish will have to play very well, not turn the ball over while getting turnovers, and have some intangibles on their side.

Edited by FastpacedO

10 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Only three Ben Davis teams have averaged more points (42) than this year's Giants...

2017 (47.4)

1991 (46.5)

2001 (43.3)

I think the Giants have executed well to this point with an excellent QB, too. 

The Giants have an excellent QB as well.

Offensively Ben Davis is averaging 42 PPG Cathedral 36.36

Defensively Ben Davis is allowing 16.82 PPG and Cathedral 17.27

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

The Giants have an excellent QB as well.

Offensively Ben Davis is averaging 42 PPG Cathedral 36.36

Defensively Ben Davis is allowing 16.82 PPG and Cathedral 17.27

They do. Tommy doesn't get enough credit for how good he's been this year. Wherever this ends for the Giants this year, this week, next week or on November 26th, it's going to be tough to replace this senior group and these guys.