Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5a. #1 v #2

anyone who is familiar knows south had a rookie at center (after losing their senior center to a season ending all early in the season) who snapped the ball over the head of qb 3 times for  losses of 63 yards and many other bad snaps that caused delays in the game vs b north . unless something like that happens again I suspect south would win by 2 tds....  as for the rest of the tourney I would have no idea haven't seen any of the teams 'up north' . Should be  fun watching.  

47 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I believe it’ll be Snider vs whoever wins sectional 13.

The north is still a crapshoot. It sounds like Valpo might be a little banged up, but when you return 19 starters from a state champion team, you're more than a one or two man show. Merrillville is quietly flying under the radar. Mishawaka will hurt you if you fall asleep against them. 

Sounds like the south is a crapshoot as well. 

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I believe it’ll be Snider vs whoever wins sectional 13.

DC has started to turn it on. Plainfield has sputtered to the finish line. Harrison has been dominating inferior opponents. A LOT of Sophomores playing for DC so I still have trouble trusting them in crunch time. I do think Bloomington South ends up representing the south. They will have a tough matchup between Harrison/Plainfield/DC though. 

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FridayNightLights said:

DC has started to turn it on. Plainfield has sputtered to the finish line. Harrison has been dominating inferior opponents. A LOT of Sophomores playing for DC so I still have trouble trusting them in crunch time. I do think Bloomington South ends up representing the south. They will have a tough matchup between Harrison/Plainfield/DC though. 

I don’t trust Bloomington South in the postseason. In the last nine years, they’ve lost several games in the regional that they were favored to win. Castle upset them in 2015 and last year. New Albany upset them in 2021. Until I see something different, I can’t pick Bloomington South.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

The north is still a crapshoot. It sounds like Valpo might be a little banged up, but when you return 19 starters from a state champion team, you're more than a one or two man show. Merrillville is quietly flying under the radar. Mishawaka will hurt you if you fall asleep against them. 

Sounds like the south is a crapshoot as well. 

Mishawaka will be a tough out , especially if the game is at Mishawaka . 

On 10/27/2023 at 12:48 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

I don’t trust Bloomington South in the postseason. In the last nine years, they’ve lost several games in the regional that they were favored to win. Castle upset them in 2015 and last year. New Albany upset them in 2021. Until I see something different, I can’t pick Bloomington South.

Alot has changed since the redistricting in monroe county. In the 1990s you could expect a long tourney run from bhss and they did just that 7 regional titles I believe. But take away those old bhss communities and student body sending them to bhsn has weakend the program. I have the same mentality as you now . Sort of I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 12:48 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

then that castle team went on to get massacred in SS lol

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Alot has changed since the redistricting in monroe county. In the 1990s you could expect a long tourney run from bhss and they did just that 7 regional titles I believe. But take away those old bhss communities and student body sending them to bhsn has weakend the program. I have the same mentality as you now . Sort of I'll believe it when I see it. 

I’m glad you understand where I’m coming from because I didn’t want to sound like I was knocking your team. I just have to be honest because there’s two things you can almost count on with Bloomington South every year and both are negative. 

1. They’ll amass a lot of penalties.

2. They’ll fall apart in the postseason at some point (whether they’re favored or not) and it’ll keep them from getting to Lucas Oil Stadium.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m glad you understand where I’m coming from because I didn’t want to sound like I was knocking your team. I just have to be honest because there’s two things you can almost count on with Bloomington South every year and both are negative. 

1. They’ll amass a lot of penalties.

2. They’ll fall apart in the postseason at some point (whether they’re favored or not) and it’ll keep them from getting to Lucas Oil Stadium.

One thing that was left out is they have also had some really bad luck with injuries to key players in recent playoff years. For example, a couple of years ago, we found out just before the kickoff of the 2021 regional championship game at New Albany that our starting QB for the game would be the JV QB and our primary running back would also be a JV player after injuries sustained in the sectional championship game. Injuries are obviously part of the game and just about every team usually has to deal with it, but the Panthers seem to have more than their share. This year's team is pretty healthy so far going into the Seymour game, so we will see how things play out this year. 

10 minutes ago, ptr said:

One thing that was left out is they have also had some really bad luck with injuries to key players in recent playoff years. For example, a couple of years ago, we found out just before the kickoff of the 2021 regional championship game at New Albany that our starting QB for the game would be the JV QB and our primary running back would also be a JV player after injuries sustained in the sectional championship game. Injuries are obviously part of the game and just about every team usually has to deal with it, but the Panthers seem to have more than their share. This year's team is pretty healthy so far going into the Seymour game, so we will see how things play out this year. 

last year we were without our #1 wr DeAndre black our #1 & # 2 rb's Addams and morrison at the regianal final vs castle . it really goes back farther than a few years and I can't remember names but ever since the 2014 team lost at semistate to Cathedral we have lost at least 2 or 3  starters a year some years they were lineman recently were skilled players. I have wondered if it is linked to turf . studies have shown there are more season ending injuries on turf .

4 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

last year we were without our #1 wr DeAndre black our #1 & # 2 rb's Addams and morrison at the regianal final vs castle . it really goes back farther than a few years and I can't remember names but ever since the 2014 team lost at semistate to Cathedral we have lost at least 2 or 3  starters a year some years they were lineman recently were skilled players. I have wondered if it is linked to turf . studies have shown there are more season ending injuries on turf .

Yes, the key injuries going into the game at Castle (don't we always play there during playoff matchups) last year are another example of what seems like a jinx.  D'Andre Black was having a huge year last season when he went down with the ACL tear in what I believe was game five. He's having a great season this year and has made some circus catches so far. He and Waldon have been a nightmare to cover this season. 

5 hours ago, ptr said:

Yes, the key injuries going into the game at Castle (don't we always play there during playoff matchups) last year are another example of what seems like a jinx.  D'Andre Black was having a huge year last season when he went down with the ACL tear in what I believe was game five. He's having a great season this year and has made some circus catches so far. He and Waldon have been a nightmare to cover this season. 

@MuleDriver

I mentioned that it seems like we always play at Castle in the playoffs. If we get past Seymour, we will host either Evansville North or Castle in the regional championship. I kind of hope it's Castle since we have had to travel down there to Newburgh six straight times since 2015 in either a sectional or regional game. It's time they had to make that long trip. Even though we shut them out earlier, it wouldn't be smart to come out flat at Seymour because of the earlier game. The Owls will be the Panthers fourth straight game against a pass happy team, although I believe I saw that the Owls were able to run the ball on Col. East on Friday.