Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

TWD Season 9

Welcome back folks. Seems the worlds collided (see what I did there....if you are a TWD and FTWD fan)?  The collapse of the gid coincided w the mid season break of TWD. Coincidence?  I think not. 

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

Can’t wait to see more of the Whisperers. Alpha and Beta are going to be sooooooo good. And Negan. Just wait. May steal your hearts or souls. Just depends. 

Dwighty Boy crossing over. My guess is he was looking for his wife, Sherry. 

I still believe somehow he or (more likely imho) Sherry will be tied in w the Whisperers. 

Sunday, 2/10/19, 7:58 p.m. c.s.t, can’t get here soon enough. Roughly 22 1/2 days....but who’s counting?  Lol

• 3 weeks later...

Relatively disappointed with the pace of the episode until the final scene.....Totally think the captured whisperer was not being truthful, and am anxiously waiting to see the next phase of these newly discovered whisperers.  Also the Negan and Judith relationship coming along is interesting to see.

• Thanks 1

The Talking Dead brought up some stuff that I did not catch. The part where Negan was kneeling on  the ground was the spot where he killed Glenn. Speaking of that, someone refresh my memory, is Maggie gone? I could not recall, and seeing the commercials for the new show on ABC with Lauren Cohan made me wonder. One other question about the girl that was captured. Was that Darryl's face on er mask? I agree SF; she was not telling the truth. The extended preview on TTD actually shows that her mom is one of the leaders of the whisperers.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:12 AM, Irishman said:

The Talking Dead brought up some stuff that I did not catch. The part where Negan was kneeling on  the ground was the spot where he killed Glenn. Speaking of that, someone refresh my memory, is Maggie gone? I could not recall, and seeing the commercials for the new show on ABC with Lauren Cohan made me wonder. One other question about the girl that was captured. Was that Darryl's face on er mask? I agree SF; she was not telling the truth. The extended preview on TTD actually shows that her mom is one of the leaders of the whisperers.

Do you want answers?  They would contain potential spoilers. I’ll wait until you respond Irish. You can always dm me. But I can answer some that won’t be spoilers. 

Absolutley it was a cool scene to see Negan return to the clearing. Cool throw back. Think it shows Negans growth and transformation along w his dialogue w Judith. 

For niw, Maggie is “gone”. She is doing her other show, whiskey cavalier. Likely will return season 10. 

I don’t think that was Daryl’s face in the mask. 

Remember the part w Alden and Luke collecting Yumikos arrows when they encounter Alpha. What an entrance btw. 

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Something tells me that Lydia told the truth with her second story. Alpha very well may be THE creepiest woman I have ever seen. The Talking Dead conversation discusses a Carol vs. Alpha showdown. I'm taking Carol if that happens.

I was talking w my wife about Lydia. Lydia and Carl became a “thing” in the comics, buuuuuuut, Carl’s no longer w us. Does Henry fill Carl’s role here or do the writers veer a bit off the comics?

Alpha is baaaaaaaaad.  She ain’t showed NOTHING yet. 

Especially wo the mask. 

“Wrong answer!”  😬😬😬

Been dying to talk about this. 

Beta still hasn’t appeared. Yikes. Just wait........

I am sooooooooooooooo hoping there is some sweet redemption coming. Only time will tell. 

Again. I will speak vaguely. If you want to talk more in depth, which would include potential spoilers, shoot me those dms. 

4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

After two episodes of basically obscure references (for the TWD Geeks....@DannEllenwood) and back story, it looks like something will finally possibly happen next week. 

Perhaps it's just me, but TWD this year seems to be taking a cue from Lost, stretching a three season show into a five season show. 

There was a question last night on TTD. The host asked one of guests why there seems to be so much more focus on relationships starting now than in previous years. I think you just provided the answer.

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

There was a question last night on TTD. The host asked one of guests why there seems to be so much more focus on relationships starting now than in previous years. I think you just provided the answer.

Also as the writers are trying to portray a total rebuild of a new world. Everyone is procreating....even the Whisperers. Oh the fair. A new chapter in the rebuild. 

Wha???????????

10 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

After two episodes of basically obscure references (for the TWD Geeks....@DannEllenwood) and back story, it looks like something will finally possibly happen next week. 

Perhaps it's just me, but TWD this year seems to be taking a cue from Lost, stretching a three season show into a five season show. 

For some reason I didn’t get this @. 

I wear that geek badge proudly. 😆 

Thought episode 910 was amazing and the way it was shot..between all those mental descriptions given by Lydia. Wow. 

Alphas eyes tell her story. Deeeeeeeep. 

I respectively disagree that carol and alpha are the same in the way eluded too in previous posts. Carol was abused whereas Alpha was the abuser. 

29 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Thought episode 910 was amazing and the way it was shot..between all those mental descriptions given by Lydia. Wow. 

Alphas eyes tell her story. Deeeeeeeep. 

I respectively disagree that carol and alpha are the same in the way eluded too in previous posts. Carol was abused whereas Alpha was the abuser. 

I thought Lydia talked about her dad abusing her mom.

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Also as the writers are trying to portray a total rebuild of a new world. Everyone is procreating....even the Whisperers. Oh the fair. A new chapter in the rebuild. 

Wha???????????

For some reason I didn’t get this @. 

I wear that geek badge proudly. 😆 

Doesn’t mean the cool kids still won’t make fun;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I thought Lydia talked about her dad abusing her mom.

She did........but..........

It was a lie (or a false truth mentally for her). 

Think of Daryl and Henry as counseling Lydia. Remember the part where Lydia tried to attack Daryl w the hook (when it looked like she was grabbing the ladle of water)He grabbed Lydia’s arm and saw all the scars. Soon after, Daryl comes back w a birch tree branch. This is vitally important.  Lydia cowered at the sight of the switch.  Daryl even comments on it.

Remember the scenes w her dad, frank, cutting his beard?  Then he had the beard again. Then alpha had hair. Then didn’t. That was all in Lydia’s mind. She was trying to decipher the truth from the reality her mom, Alpha, told her. 

In actuality, her dad was the loving caring parent and her mom was the harsh abusive one.

Hope this helps. 

Of course, at 1005 pm last night after talking, I immediately began my research. The bloggers and writers I follow and interact w advised to rewatch the episode BC of the altered reality of Lydia. So I re watched today and it made complete sense. 

If you have time before next Sunday, I’d rewatch too. Hope this helps friend. 

I am hearing episode 911 is THE episode of the season. My bet is it goes from 0-100 real quick regarding the Whisperers. I would also wager Beta appears and is terrifying. 

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Once again, it is hard to fight the feeling that the show is really dragging things out. The previews look like a LOT more is going to happen than what actually does happen in a show.

I wholeheartedly agree w this assessment regarding this episode. I thought for sure, 0-100 real quick. 

Alpha showed a bit more of her true “colors”.....survival of the fittest.....WOW!  

Appears I was one episode off on the appearance of the next main character.

Whats the sign mean on the road?

I enjoy Ryan Hurst as an actor, but I can not help but think, body wise, they miscast this character.  Think Kane from WWE.  He was a former pro hooper in the comics.  ENORMOUS!