Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

TWD Season 9

35 minutes ago, Irishman said:

It was good to see the flashback to what Darryl and Michonne went through to get the scars. Going to say the preview for next week was a bit unsettling.....something to the effect of sacrificing one to save the others? and the look Darryl gave to Michonne?

..........so many Easter eggs have been dropped. Once it plays out you will all see it clearly. If not, you know who to contact. 🖐

I’m interested to see the route the powers that be, take. 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I love that the season finale the last few years has come while I watch from the beach in Florida 🙂

No Florida trip this spring for us. I’m taking my wife on a surprise trip for our 30th anniversary. The only thing she knows is we had to get passports, and when we’re leaving. I believe the fall trip to Florida after Football season is going to be an annual thing, though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

As I read about the "darkness" of this episode, many were saying it is as dark as 414 or 701.  

Episode 914 was quite dark in it's own right.

If I was comparing similarities, I would say 914 and episode 501 had a lot of eerie similarities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Sanctuary_(The_Walking_Dead)

I'm going to give it another watch. Frankly I was so exhausted with the weekend's events, I barely stayed awake for it. I thought it was plenty brutal with the children and all, but gave some keen insight into Michonne's actions. 

15 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm going to give it another watch. Frankly I was so exhausted with the weekend's events, I barely stayed awake for it. I thought it was plenty brutal with the children and all, but gave some keen insight into Michonne's actions. 

much needed

I got a sense a little ways in, a bunch of people were going to die. It was just at different points I would think OMG Carol, OMG the King, OMG Michonne.....

Frankly I was never a fan of Henry, tough break kid!

I was kind of surprised they cut Enid loose, I guess with the emergence of Judith, they didn't see a future for her. I thought since she was kinda Carl's main squeeze, there might be future for her after his death. 

Poor Brett Butler, the years have not been kind to her. She finally finds a steady gig, and they kill her off before she even gets settled in. 

Obviously the signing of Ezekiel's "Constitution", and all the wheeling and dealing being talked about at the fair, add in Siddig's speech, and we can only assume the Highwaymen are on board as well for yet another war. Alpha and Beta are far too strong of characters to just go away, but I certainly can't see them living in the basement jail for the next season either. 

What say you TWD Nerd, aka "Ref Ellenwood"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I got a sense a little ways in, a bunch of people were going to die. It was just at different points I would think OMG Carol, OMG the King, OMG Michonne.....

Frankly I was never a fan of Henry, tough break kid!

I was kind of surprised they cut Enid loose, I guess with the emergence of Judith, they didn't see a future for her. I thought since she was kinda Carl's main squeeze, there might be future for her after his death. 

Poor Brett Butler, the years have not been kind to her. She finally finds a steady gig, and they kill her off before she even gets settled in. 

Obviously the signing of Ezekiel's "Constitution", and all the wheeling and dealing being talked about at the fair, add in Siddig's speech, and we can only assume the Highwaymen are on board as well for yet another war. Alpha and Beta are far too strong of characters to just go away, but I certainly can't see them living in the basement jail for the next season either. 

What say you TWD Nerd, aka "Ref Ellenwood"?

Much different than comics, but soo good.

want potential spoilers?  

bb only signed for 1 episode and got 6. 

I thought Henry would take Carl’s HUGE role moving on (comic version). Guess not. Lol. Think that will go to Cailey Fleming (Judith). 

Unleash hell. Jaws will drop. Still gotta find her. 

Alpha and beta are AWESOME.  I thing like what we’ve seen. Daryl and alphas see. Was from the comic, about verbatim bt rick and alpha. Her army is dangerous. Just let that sink in. 

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just what happened. That was a LOT of people dying there. I guess the point was to show just how evil alpha is. 

Yep. 

Twd gave sooooo many little Easter eggs since last season (816). The open field looked awfully familiar, no?  There’s the enemy.....rick pointing  

candy apple

alpha and the challenge 2-3 episodes back. 

Dont cry near alpha unless you are beta  

who is alpha?  Is alpha alpha  or is beta alpha?

winter is here!!!!!!!!!!!

when will she be found  

how will that play out?

a MAJOR death last night that is sliding by......1 of the 10 on the stick.....hmmmmmmm.  There is a MAJOR connection  (was also eluded to in 814——very very very subtly——-if you don’t know what you are looking for, you’ll miss it.

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just what happened. That was a LOT of people dying there. I guess the point was to show just how evil alpha is. 

Could’ve been MUCH MUCH MUCH more gut wrenching. 2 major characters had their lives spared. I was very surprised 

To a certain extent, this plays out like a Batman episode, you've got Carol, Daryl, Michonne, pretty much all of the badasses of the series that are left, with their pants down,  WHY DON'T YOU KILL THEM? This to me is where these shows kinda lose cred with me. Instead you leave the people who can kill you alive, and kill a bunch of kids. Makes zero sense to me. 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

To a certain extent, this plays out like a Batman episode, you've got Carol, Daryl, Michonne, pretty much all of the badasses of the series that are left, with their pants down,  WHY DON'T YOU KILL THEM? This to me is where these shows kinda lose cred with me. Instead you leave the people who can kill you alive, and kill a bunch of kids. Makes zero sense to me. 

Then what do you have?

A lot more story to tell. 

Also think it shows Alpha fighting her primal urges. I think we agree she is much better served in that world than pre out break world. 

Many times throughout this season she has shown glimpses (very small, but still glimpses) of human emotion. 

915 she is seen crying then immediately slices the dude. 

And of course, BC it is a show and you have to keep certain characters alive or you will lose just about all viewers, especially w season 10 beginning it’s filming very soon. 

Most die hards like me would still watch, but I think my type is much less than those of the casual viewer. 

W rick and Maggie “gone” right now, if you lost carol and Daryl last night, good night.   Bye bye. And michonne (danai gurirra) leaving sometime next year. 

55 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Haven't watched 1 episode this season. Lost complete interest.

Too bad. It has really picked up. So much more to come. Really ground breaking things: writing, cross overs, movies, directing, filming, etc. 

Maybe someday. If you decide and need anything, you know who to ask. 

Hope all is well. 

OK.  Completely disappointed.  That was the worst season finale to date.  Last week's episode would have made a better season end.  Would have really wanted to see the next season.  Now, just meh......Will still be watching, though, just not as highly anticipating.  Season 10 better step it up.

BTW - The whisperers surely went south (where the sun was) and were not a factor for the wanderers who crossed the borders, and IMHO - Alpha looked preggos in the end.......

Edited by swordfish