Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

Lou Holtz comment's.......note he is not saying Michigan is guilty, but does say this needs to be resolved prior to any attempt at the national championship.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lou-holtz-slams-michigan-football-sign-stealing-scandal-find-it-deplorable

Holtz acknowledged that at some point the rules changed, which he says essentially eliminated scouting.  "Then they said no scouting, you can't go… so there hasn't been any scouting for years. I'm all for any advantage you can get legally," Holtz said.

"There's a video on different channels, where it would show the Michigan players looking at the Ohio State bench, and then they all turn once they get the signals. So I just think it's deplorable and I think it's bad. I think they should definitely get to the bottom of it before they decide who's going to play for the national championship."

38 minutes ago, Bobref said:

@temptation, would you be willing to bet an amount of money that really mattered to you that Harbaugh will be the HFC at Michigan on opening day of the 2024 season?

Talk to me after the CFP.  

The media hit jobs and NCAA hypocrisy have to be wearing on him but Jim is one of most competitive people on the planet.  He won’t go out letting “them” win.

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

Talk to me after the CFP.  

The media hit jobs and NCAA hypocrisy have to be wearing on him but Jim is one of most competitive people on the planet.  He won’t go out letting “them” win.

He’s got to be just about out of tolerance for NCAA foolishness.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bobref said:

He’s got to be just about out of tolerance for NCAA foolishness.

Can you blame him?  Surely I’ll be accused of attempting to deflect and make him a victim but the witch hunt is pretty obvious at this point.

The NCAA is selective with its targets.

Harbaugh comes in in 2015 with satellite camps, then is the first advocate for a free one time transfer rule and now is on the cutting edge of NIL and revenue sharing for student athletes…not a coincidence.

He is a threat to the NCAA.

12 hours ago, Bobref said:

@temptation, would you be willing to bet an amount of money that really mattered to you that Harbaugh will be the HFC at Michigan on opening day of the 2024 season?

What a difference a few hours makes…

The mob set to claim another victim…B10 ADs, presidents and coaches want blood without any sort of due process.

Gonna come down to a vote most likely.

A sad day for this fan.

Edited by temptation

Now the plot really thickens. This is going to make Nov. 25 even more interesting than usual. The Buckeyes and Big Weasels have no love for one another under the best of circumstances. But this sort of thing makes for real bad blood. If I were assigned to officiate that game, I would be really concerned about preventing some kind of ugly incident.

Michigan Reportedly Has Evidence Its Sign Stealing Scandal Was Uncovered And Leaked By Private Investigators With Ties To Ryan Day

On3 — Several sources at Michigan and in the media tell TheWolverine.com they are gathering evidence on two private investigators they believe are behind the investigation into U-M’s alleged illegal on-site scouting. The same sources also believe the two are responsible for the media leaks that have kept the story in the news for weeks. 

Both allegedly have ties to Ohio State head coach Ryan Day’s family. 

Reporters are working to put the pieces together, but we know Michigan is currently in possession of documents that could link one of the alleged investigators to Day’s younger brother, Timothy Day. The other they suspect is linked to Day’s brother, Christopher, and was also a classmate of Tim Day’s in New Hampshire. One currently runs a private investigation firm in Manchester, N.H., Day’s hometown. 

In addition, other sources at Michigan allege some of the evidence — specifically, a spreadsheet provided to the Washington Post with analyst Connor Stalions’ travel plans and budget for his operation in which he allegedly paid people to video opposing teams’ signs — was obtained by gaining access to his computer illegally. Upon investigation, more sources indicated law enforcement has begun looking into the source of the information as a result.

So it seems Michigan has proof that its sign-stealing operation was brought to light by private investigators linked to Ohio State coach Ryan Day. And I guess they're really pissed off about this? The entire operation was apparently the worst-kept secret in the Big Ten and it's supposed to be some sort of shocking revelation that evidence of the cheating ring was found by Michigan's arch nemesis?

I guess there could be some sort of recourse if it ends up being proven that Connor Stalions's computer was accessed illegally, but having evidence you were caught cheating isn't exactly a flex. Now it does make the story that much better and more ridiculous that Day seemingly hired his PI brother to uncover all of this, but it doesn't change the fact that Michigan was the school cheating for years when it magically transformed into one of the best programs in the country. Someone was going to blow the lid on this eventually.

This year's Michigan-Ohio State game is going to be one of the must-watch sporting events of all-time, though. I'm actually glad UM has been running this scheme for the content it has already given us and that which is certain to come in the near future. The rest of this season is going to be fun.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Now the plot really thickens. This is going to make Nov. 25 even more interesting than usual. The Buckeyes and Big Weasels have no love for one another under the best of circumstances. But this sort of thing makes for real bad blood. If I were assigned to officiate that game, I would be really concerned about preventing some kind of ugly incident.

Michigan Reportedly Has Evidence Its Sign Stealing Scandal Was Uncovered And Leaked By Private Investigators With Ties To Ryan Day

On3 — Several sources at Michigan and in the media tell TheWolverine.com they are gathering evidence on two private investigators they believe are behind the investigation into U-M’s alleged illegal on-site scouting. The same sources also believe the two are responsible for the media leaks that have kept the story in the news for weeks. 

Both allegedly have ties to Ohio State head coach Ryan Day’s family. 

Reporters are working to put the pieces together, but we know Michigan is currently in possession of documents that could link one of the alleged investigators to Day’s younger brother, Timothy Day. The other they suspect is linked to Day’s brother, Christopher, and was also a classmate of Tim Day’s in New Hampshire. One currently runs a private investigation firm in Manchester, N.H., Day’s hometown. 

In addition, other sources at Michigan allege some of the evidence — specifically, a spreadsheet provided to the Washington Post with analyst Connor Stalions’ travel plans and budget for his operation in which he allegedly paid people to video opposing teams’ signs — was obtained by gaining access to his computer illegally. Upon investigation, more sources indicated law enforcement has begun looking into the source of the information as a result.

So it seems Michigan has proof that its sign-stealing operation was brought to light by private investigators linked to Ohio State coach Ryan Day. And I guess they're really pissed off about this? The entire operation was apparently the worst-kept secret in the Big Ten and it's supposed to be some sort of shocking revelation that evidence of the cheating ring was found by Michigan's arch nemesis?

I guess there could be some sort of recourse if it ends up being proven that Connor Stalions's computer was accessed illegally, but having evidence you were caught cheating isn't exactly a flex. Now it does make the story that much better and more ridiculous that Day seemingly hired his PI brother to uncover all of this, but it doesn't change the fact that Michigan was the school cheating for years when it magically transformed into one of the best programs in the country. Someone was going to blow the lid on this eventually.

This year's Michigan-Ohio State game is going to be one of the must-watch sporting events of all-time, though. I'm actually glad UM has been running this scheme for the content it has already given us and that which is certain to come in the near future. The rest of this season is going to be fun.

Losing its luster over here.

It’s a dangerous precedent to have a rival fan base hire two firms to investigate its opposition in the middle of the season, slowly drop out the details in the most damning fashion and then a popularity contest determines that program’s fate.

The B10 commish is caving to the pressure and Harbaugh’s head is on a platter.  He may very well coach his last game at Michigan tonight…without one shred of a level 1/2 violation nor absolute proof (burden of proof is on the accuser) that he was in on it at the time I type this message.  (If that changes, I’ll be the first to edit my stance.)

What a time to be alive.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Losing its luster over here.

It’s a dangerous precedent to have a rival fan base hire two firms to investigate its opposition in the middle of the season, slowly drop out the details in the most damning fashion and then a popularity contest determines that program’s fate.

The B10 commish is caving to the pressure and Harbaugh’s head is on a platter.  He may very well coach his last game at Michigan tonight…without one shred of a level 1/2 violation nor absolute proof (burden of proof is on the accuser) that he was in on it at the time I type this message.  (If that changes, I’ll be the first to edit my stance.)

What a time to be alive.

College football becomes asymmetrical warfare. Who would have thought it? I guess Day’s reasoning is if he can’t beat them on the field, he’s got to find another way.

32 minutes ago, Bobref said:

College football becomes asymmetrical warfare. Who would have thought it? I guess Day’s reasoning is if he can’t beat them on the field, he’s got to find another way.

Yep.  Job security concerns causes people to do desperate things.

If this goes down how it’s trending, I may be done with the sport.

Edited by temptation

38 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Stalions did not attend any games himself.  He hired a 3rd party.

(Unless you know the CMU story is a fact.)

Edited by temptation

39 minutes ago, temptation said:

Stalions did not attend any games himself.  He hired a 3rd party.

(Unless you know the CMU story is a fact.)

So if not Stalions, who is “they” he states in his presser?  He claims video evidence. If not Stalions, that sounds even worse. Multiple people 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

So if not Stalions, who is “they” he states in his presser?  He claims video evidence. If not Stalions, that sounds even worse. Multiple people 

So no intelligent response, huh? What I thought. I guess Purdue coach must be in on the conspiracy of Harbaugh….🙄

38 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

So no intelligent response, huh? What I thought. I guess Purdue coach must be in on the conspiracy of Harbaugh….🙄

No, it’s well known multiple tickets were purchased.  That was public knowledge on 10/17, the day the story broke.