Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

I just saw that Jeffersonville head coach Isaac Parker has resigned after an 0-10 season. He didn't have a winning season in his five seasons with Jeff and the best record he had was a 5-6 record during the 2020 season, losing to Castle in the regional championship game that season. 

Edited by ptr

22 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

We were riding in there one afternoon on the bus and there was a dumpster fire behind the school in what appeared to be an industrial arts area. I have a picture on my phone somewhere, kinda sums up Jeff athletics. 

The boys basketball team should be really good according to one of the Jennings County assistants I talked to.

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

We were riding in there one afternoon on the bus and there was a dumpster fire behind the school in what appeared to be an industrial arts area. I have a picture on my phone somewhere, kinda sums up Jeff athletics. 

They have a nice gym.

During my daughter’s HS days, must have been her junior year, because Gilbert had already moved on. Jeff girls show up to the sectional with 13 players dressed. Mickey Beck had to go tell the coach they could only have 12. Then he had to tell one kid to go sit behind the bench, she couldn’t warm up, because I guess for some reason the coach couldn’t. 
Just another example of what a Mickey Mouse organization Jeff athletics is. I worked there twice and swore I’d never go back. Hated even going there. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

That happened.

4 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

During my daughter’s HS days, must have been her junior year, because Gilbert had already moved on. Jeff girls show up to the sectional with 13 players dressed. Mickey Beck had to go tell the coach they could only have 12. Then he had to tell one kid to go sit behind the bench, she couldn’t warm up, because I guess for some reason the coach couldn’t. 
Just another example of what a Mickey Mouse organization Jeff athletics is. I worked there twice and swore I’d never go back. Hated even going there. 

Unreal

Her senior year Seymour lead the whole game, Jeff hits a couple of free throws with about three seconds to go to take the lead. They got the ball to my kid because she had the best speed and she heaves a Hail Mary from about mid court with two defenders…..and the one defender just kills her. So she’s going to the line down two with no time and three shots. And the moron assistant gets a T. You just let her off the hook! Then refuses to leave and throws her clipboard on the floor. Seymour wins by like 5. Just how they roll man. 
And personally I wanted to see how she performed under that pressure. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Like 1

Jeffersonville and New Albany are both a clown show. New Albany ran out a Hall of Fame coach like Jim Shannon. Hired a guy from Jay County. Their AD ran him out this summer. Then they hired a guy from Kansas who won 2 games last year. In basketball.  And I like Steve Cooley, he's a pretty good guy. But he's not really getting it done either.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Jeffersonville and New Albany are both a clown show. New Albany ran out a Hall of Fame coach like Jim Shannon. Hired a guy from Jay County. Their AD ran him out this summer. Then they hired a guy from Kansas who won 2 games last year. In basketball.  And I like Steve Cooley, he's a pretty good guy. But he's not really getting it done either.

Jim Shannon got ran off? I just thought he retired because he was getting older.

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Steve Cooley took his team to semi-state just a couple of years ago. No other football team around here has managed that, except Seymour in the 90s. I'm not sure about your definitions of "getting it done," but that would qualify in most people's books. 

3 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Steve Cooley took his team to semi-state just a couple of years ago. No other football team around here has managed that, except Seymour in the 90s. I'm not sure about your definitions of "getting it done," but that would qualify in most people's books. 

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. He has had 1 good season at New Albany with the most talented roster in the history of their school. We will see if he can get back to that level.