Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider @ Mishawaka 2023

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Note to Snider, watch out for the onside kickoff. It got them by surprise last year, bet they try again. 

They are going to pull out all of the tricks at their disposal. Every time Snider plays Mishawaka they are in a dog fight. That team plays hard and their offensive style is not something Snider sees often. Mishawaka has never been able to hold down the Snider offense though and I don’t see them stopping it this time either

• Like 1

I believe Snider will win.

My opinion if the win the toss take the ball first and score.

Make the Cavemen chase you.

Don't let them grind the clock.

How is their passing game?

They have always been a run heavy team with that wing T style offense. 

27 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Their passing game is better than I can remember in recent history....but in no ways is it something they want to lean on. If Snider goes up by two or three scores, with 1 half or less to go, Mishawaka will have to throw the ball. It wont be pretty and it can catch you off guard, but if you keep forcing them to drop back, sacks will happen and they will give you the ball via fumble or int. 

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

Last year Mishawaka jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the 2nd quarter and then Snider got comfortable and dominated the 2nd half to win going away. If Snider gets out to a double digit lead early, that is trouble for the Cavemen

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

They could do the same thing to Snider that Warsaw did to Carroll............chew up the entire first quarter. As much as Snider likes to get the ball first in the second half, I can't imagine them kicking the ball to start the game if given the choice. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

They could do the same thing to Snider that Warsaw did to Carroll............chew up the entire first quarter. As much as Snider likes to get the ball first in the second half, I can't imagine them kicking the ball to start the game if given the choice. 

Last year, Snider had the ball for maybe around 5 minutes in first half? I think the possible deciding factor maybe Buchanan. He could run for 200+ yards and break some big gains. I don't have the stats for him this year, but I don't think he was on the field much after the late second Q and 2nd half because Tip lets other RB's in on action. I think he is one of the better backs Snider has had in past years, so if he is called on to play into the 3rd and 4th Q he will deliver. 

5 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Last year Mishawaka jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the 2nd quarter and then Snider got comfortable and dominated the 2nd half to win going away. If Snider gets out to a double digit lead early, that is trouble for the Cavemen

Kick off return by Juarez was huge to get TD late in 2Q to get it to 21-7. Bad decision by Mishawaka to go for it in on 4th down ball on their 40'ish yard line I think, game tied at 21-21, mid Q3, didn't convert, that let Snider go up 28-21. 

32 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Last year, Snider had the ball for maybe around 5 minutes in first half? 

If that. They had a short drive that resulted in a punt I believe. Their only first half score was the kickoff return for a touchdown. 

Advice for Friday: Score every time you get the ball. 

• Like 1

Interesting. So many comments calling for a Snider win by multiple scores. Sagarin has the Cavemen a 1 pt. favorite, which includes the 1.8 pt. home field advantage. Calpreps also favors Mishawaka.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Mishawaka (IN) 31 (58%), [2023] Snider [R. Nelson] (Fort Wayne, IN) 28 (42%)

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Interesting. So many comments calling for a Snider win by multiple scores. Sagarin has the Cavemen a 1 pt. favorite, which includes the 1.8 pt. home field advantage. Calpreps also favors Mishawaka.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Mishawaka (IN) 31 (58%), [2023] Snider [R. Nelson] (Fort Wayne, IN) 28 (42%)

If memory serves me correctly, it may not, I thought Mishawaka was favored vs. Snider last year. Eye test tells me different in this game

Harrell gives Mishawaka a 55% chance to win this game, Snider a 45% chance to win

Edited by Komets2727

40 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

If memory serves me correctly, it may not, I thought Mishawaka was favored vs. Snider last year. Eye test tells me different in this game

Harrell gives Mishawaka a 55% chance to win this game, Snider a 45% chance to win

Signs are pointing to a close ballgame. I hope so. Steele can be a great atmosphere. Will Snider travel well? Start time has been pushed back to 7:30.

There will be fans everywhere. Mishawaka will pack their stands, and then sit on your side as well. They will have people standing in the roped off areas that are "walkways" from the home side to the visitor side. It is a very unique venue to play football and to watch a game. 

Mishawaka has not seen semi-state since 2018 and has been absent from the state title game since 2012. This community is hungry for a chance to get back to Indy. 

Snider will have a battle on their hands. It is a winnable game. I am telling you all, If you see Snider as a better team then Penn, Snide should win this game. I understand that it is a long trip to Mishawaka from the Fort, but if these young men keep their heads on, and stay focused they should have a potential rematch against Valpo. 

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

There will be fans everywhere. Mishawaka will pack their stands, and then sit on your side as well. They will have people standing in the roped off areas that are "walkways" from the home side to the visitor side. It is a very unique venue to play football and to watch a game. 

Mishawaka has not seen semi-state since 2018 and has been absent from the state title game since 2012. This community is hungry for a chance to get back to Indy. 

Snider will have a battle on their hands. It is a winnable game. I am telling you all, If you see Snider as a better team then Penn, Snide should win this game. I understand that it is a long trip to Mishawaka from the Fort, but if these young men keep their heads on, and stay focused they should have a potential rematch against Valpo. 

I believe Mishawaka will be tougher for Snider than Merrillville or Valpo. I also believe that Snider is at least the equal of Penn this year. Should be a great atmosphere!!!

6 hours ago, Bobref said:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

I was thinking cavemen -2.5..tbh they should have won last year..

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Sagarin also ranks Warren Central and East Noble ahead of Snider. Snider blew both those teams out. Take that ranking with a grain of salt. It amazes me how much stock people put into these polls. Sagarin doesn't give points to a team for taking a knee deep in their opponents territory right before the half. Sagarin also take points away from a team that wins 49-0 in one half, and loses 14-0 in the second half with their 2nd & 3rd stringers. 

Mishawaka is good. They wouldn't be in the regionals otherwise, nor would they by 9-2. Snider will need to put their best foot forward to win this game. Snider tends to fall asleep once in awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if they are cleaning out their lockers tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Sagarin also ranks Warren Central and East Noble ahead of Snider. Snider blew both those teams out. Take that ranking with a grain of salt. It amazes me how much stock people put into these polls. Sagarin doesn't give points to a team for taking a knee deep in their opponents territory right before the half. Sagarin also take points away from a team that wins 49-0 in one half, and loses 14-0 in the second half with their 2nd & 3rd stringers. 

Mishawaka is good. They wouldn't be in the regionals otherwise, nor would they by 9-2. Snider will need to put their best foot forward to win this game. Snider tends to fall asleep once in awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if they are cleaning out their lockers tomorrow night. 

There you go again with that reverse psychology I like it !!  🤣

19 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Snider usually travels pretty well

Television and the internet play a part when traveling two hours. Back in the 80's and 90's, Snider would pack the house. Now anything over 50% capacity seems to be considered pretty good. That goes for other programs as well that used to travel well. Penn, Carmel, and Valpo for starters. With Carmel you're lucky to get 1/4 capacity these days. I'm thinking Snider will be in that 1/2 - 3/4 range tonight.