Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Luers star transfers

3 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Probably the one player that Luers could not afford To lose Nate Moore has transferred to Wayne

Is it known if this transfer out of the Bishop Luers Athletic Department is self-imposed? Or rather is it by design, on behalf of the school as a forced separation? This is a nice way of asking if he's leaving on his own or was it with Luers' help?

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Cam Childers last year Nate Moore this year.

To Carroll, hopefully a move.  

9 minutes ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Dashon Bussell the year before

To Knoxville, definitely a move. 

Wayne and Luers are neighbors, relatively speaking.  

• 2 months later...

Fort Wayne has open enrollment.  There is a ton of movement between schools at all times.  There tends to be less movement among athletes than among the general student population... but there is massive student movement in Fort Wayne. 

I recently saw a student who had been in my son's class at Luers as a freshmen.  He transferred out for his sophomore year, and my son kind of lost touch with him, but I noticed he was on the roster at Wayne their senior year 

We ran into him when we went out to brunch recently and he told me he had transferred three times before playing his senior year for Wayne. 

Fort Wayne has open enrollment, and kids just transfer a lot.  Don't read anything extra into it.