Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC 2019

With week 1 fast approaching, it’s pretty quiet from the NIC folks out there.  What are the expectations for the upcoming season?

NP should be pretty solid I think.  Got some of those big farm boys up front and some pretty decent skill guys back.

I think I heard Chuck Freeby mention something about the quarterback at Adams, University of Virginia commit Ira Armstead, when discussing their selections for the Channel 46 GOTW this season. I had no idea how stellar of a junior season he had last year (he threw for over 2,200 yards, rushed for over 1,000 more all while accounting for 30 total touchdowns). I know they went 3-7 the last two seasons. Is there any chance they compete for a top 3 finish in the "North" Division?

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

He looked pretty good in our game last year.  Made some nice throws and is pretty quick when he decides to take off with the ball.  As far as win/loss goes for them, too many turnovers last year.  Two ints and a fumble as a team against us.  Obviously played a large part in the outcome.  If they clean that up who knows.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:25 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I think I heard Chuck Freeby mention something about the quarterback at Adams, University of Virginia commit Ira Armstead, when discussing their selections for the Channel 46 GOTW this season. I had no idea how stellar of a junior season he had last year (he threw for over 2,200 yards, rushed for over 1,000 more all while accounting for 30 total touchdowns). I know they went 3-7 the last two seasons. Is there any chance they compete for a top 3 finish in the "North" Division?

He looked the part against us in week 1 last year, but I don't understand their no punt strategy.

Random post but saw Mishawaka open with portage, east noble, then Gary west side. Little disappointed valpo is off the schedule and really hope that west side was/is a 1 year contract. Any other new teams on anyone’s schedule?

2 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Random post but saw Mishawaka open with portage, east noble, then Gary west side. Little disappointed valpo is off the schedule and really hope that west side was/is a 1 year contract. Any other new teams on anyone’s schedule?

Penn and LaPorte start a 2 year home-and-home this season at Penn.

1 hour ago, slicer28 said:

Penn and LaPorte start a 2 year home-and-home this season at Penn.

LaPorte first three weeks:

New Prairie

Penn

Valpo

Could be a tough start for the Slicers.  I heard several players suspended first three games as well.  Any truth to that?

• 3 weeks later...

Bremen has around 35 kids out. Had a kid move to Laporte, had another make bad choices. They would of been contributors. The players that did come out are ready to compete. They are tough minded group with a chip on their shoulder. They will adapt and develop during the season, and being ready to make a real run at sectionals.

Before we start the season, how does everyone feel the standings will go north and south?

North will Penn reclaim the title or is Mishawaka more then a loaded senior class?

What about Elkhart? St Joe? New Prairie? Adams?

On the Southside, Bremen sounds like they lost a lot from last year. Is this Marian’s title to take before they leave for North? Can Riley finally jump up and grab a title in Edison’s 4th year? Will Jimtown step up and compete for title? Can Washington, Glenn, or Clay win more then a game against each other?

Excited for the start of the year, good luck to all the NIC teams.

2 hours ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Before we start the season, how does everyone feel the standings will go north and south?

North will Penn reclaim the title or is Mishawaka more then a loaded senior class?

What about Elkhart? St Joe? New Prairie? Adams?

On the Southside, Bremen sounds like they lost a lot from last year. Is this Marian’s title to take before they leave for North? Can Riley finally jump up and grab a title in Edison’s 4th year? Will Jimtown step up and compete for title? Can Washington, Glenn, or Clay win more then a game against each other?

Excited for the start of the year, good luck to all the NIC teams.

I will take a poor attempt on the South.

1. Marian

2. Jimtown

3. Riley

4. Washington

5. Glenn

6. Bremen

7. Clay

Riley through Bremen could be mixed up, I see these teams fairly equal.

MC your probably correct. Jimtown has been building to this year. Sounds like they have a bunch of seniors on this years team. Are you really prepared to put Glenn over you? Glenn was beat by everyone by a lot last year, well except Clay which unless things drastically change may not even need to be mentioned. Bremen seems to have built something, the same can not be said of Glenn. Also if memory services me I think Bremen beat Riley soundly also. Only team to have beat you guys in conference of Jimtown. Do you think the graduation is really going to bring you guys back down to level with some of these teams?

49 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

MC your probably correct. Jimtown has been building to this year. Sounds like they have a bunch of seniors on this years team. Are you really prepared to put Glenn over you? Glenn was beat by everyone by a lot last year, well except Clay which unless things drastically change may not even need to be mentioned. Bremen seems to have built something, the same can not be said of Glenn. Also if memory services me I think Bremen beat Riley soundly also. Only team to have beat you guys in conference of Jimtown. Do you think the graduation is really going to bring you guys back down to level with some of these teams?

Have to rely on a good but not experienced group of sophomores. I tend to be a bit pessimistic this year, but a few people closer to the team says that they will surprise some teams.