Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chatard vs Knox Semi-state

Bishop Chatard continues to methodically beat teams and Knox has put the hammer down the last few games. West Noble is the only team within 18 points of Knox in the tournament so far. Guerin was the closest game for Chatard at 11 points. Both seem to have reasonably stout defenses and potent offenses. 

Who do you pick advancing to the state championship? 

15 minutes ago, ArmyVet80 said:

Bishop Chatard continues to methodically beat teams and Knox has put the hammer down the last few games. West Noble is the only team within 18 points of Knox in the tournament so far. Guerin was the closest game for Chatard at 11 points. Both seem to have reasonably stout defenses and potent offenses. 

Chatard and I don’t think it will be close.

Chatard has been the preseason favorite for a reason. Knox wasn't expected to do much this season but here they are.

Knox are still heavy underdogs in the game but they are a team that won't quit. Radtke is one of the best coaches all time and will have his team ready. Can he gameplan enough to stop the juggernaut that is Chatard? I don't think they'll have enough to keep up with them but that's why the game is played.

35 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Knox and Valley scrimmaged each other at the beginning of the season. I know it was just a scrimmage and Knox has gotten a lot better, but Valley would be able to beat this Knox team by a touchdown or two. Give me Chatard by whatever they want the score to be.

Context my friend. That scrimmage was played the week before the season started and Knox held out at least half their starters on both sides of the ball. Not to mention their top two RB’s. Maybe Tippy did the same thing, maybe they didn't, I don’t know. Tippy was good, had a great season and they should be proud of what they did but to say they would beat Knox by at least a td based on that scrimmage and using that logic to establish opinion against Chatard is premature. 

1 minute ago, HNACReaper said:

Context my friend. That scrimmage was played the week before the season started and Knox held out at least half their starters on both sides of the ball. Not to mention their top two RB’s. Maybe Tippy did the same thing, maybe they didn't, I don’t know. Tippy was good, had a great season and they should be proud of what they did but to say they would beat Knox by at least a td based on that scrimmage and using that logic to establish opinion against Chatard is premature. 

Call it what you want. I've seen a lot of Valley film, Knox film, and Chatard film. Out of the three teams, Knox is the least impressive of the three.

1 minute ago, HNACReaper said:

100% this. Drawing comparison of 2 teams from a preseason scrimmage that maybe happend 15-16 weeks ago is a bit of a stretch.

Now will Chatard beat the tar out of Knox like they did TV? Probably, but we all hope not.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:41 PM, ArmyVet80 said:

Just looking at the level of teams and quality of teams Chatard played this year...I would be surprised if Knox won. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Just looking at the level of teams and quality of teams Chatard played this year...I would be surprised if Knox won. 

Should be a great game.  My mother,  A Chatard alumna, will be looking down from Heaven, saying "Go Hard!  Fight Hard!  Chat-Ard!!!"

Those Catholics...

• Like 1

I don't think the Tippy Valley comparison is fair here. TV was absolutely playing with Chatard through the first quarter and a half or so until making a large number of mistakes. They had the horses to run with Chatard. Even though it resulted in a running clock, the final score felt completely misleading.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, littledog said:

Very few teams have played anyone the Caliber of Chatard. 

That is true. At this point in the tournament though, I think it is safe to say that all the remaining teams have played some pretty good teams along the way and that they all have the ability to beat somebody once……and thats all it takes!  

58 minutes ago, Sledge said:

I don't think the Tippy Valley comparison is fair here. TV was absolutely playing with Chatard through the first quarter and a half or so until making a large number of mistakes. They had the horses to run with Chatard. Even though it resulted in a running clock, the final score felt completely misleading.

Eh, I thought it all changed once Chatard figured out TV's Wing T about midway through the 1st Half. Then it was all down hill quickly as TV couldn't run the ball and didn't have a passing game. 

Anyone know if Radtke is still running wishbone or had he adapted to a modern offense at Knox? As someone else mentioned, he's already taken North Judson, Griffith and New Prairie to the State Finals. Very impressive he has a shot with a fourth team. But, we're talking about Chatard here. And not 2016 or 2017 Chatard. The Trojans will roll with ease once again. Maybe next year Knox when the Kessler Blvd Beast is up in 4A. 

My cousin and her husband, Danny, are both Connersville HS grads.  After many years away working for Caterpillar in the Peoria area they moved back to Connersville to be closer to my Aunt and Uncle.

This past Spring, my wife and I visited with them in Connersville over a long lunch along with my, sadly, recently widowed Uncle Morris.  Connersville, as most us here likely know, has never had much of a football tradition and is, almost exclusively, a basketball town.  

Danny, knowing I’m a big follower of HS football stated, “You know, Connersville had a couple of pretty good years where it looked like they were going to become a seriously solid football school.  They had this young coach named Russ Radtke.  Then he moved on.  You ever heard of him?”

I chuckled inwardly and responded, “Yeah…he’s still floating around out there.”

PS - I did later tell him just how successful and remarkable Mr. Radtke’s coaching career continued to be….to this day.

Kudos and best wishes to Coach Radtke and the Knox HS Redskins as they visit the Chatard Trojans this Friday.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I will give Knox credit they have had an amazing season, but have they played anyone to the caliber of Chatard? This feels like TV game all over again...

Knox is 0-0 against Sagarin top 64.   Chatard is 7-0.   Knox may think they'll dictate things and that "Chatard hasn't seen anyone like us" yet.   But they have.   Unless Knox thinks they're better than Cathedral, Cincinnati Elder, etc.  Knox is used to playing with a lead against weaker teams.   Little different this week.   Game won't be close.

2 hours ago, HNACReaper said:

That is true. At this point in the tournament though, I think it is safe to say that all the remaining teams have played some pretty good teams along the way and that they all have the ability to beat somebody once……and thats all it takes!  

Knox has literally played nobody.  They are 0-0 against Sagarin top 64.  Chatard is #13 and 7-0 against that list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JUSTADAD17 said:

Knox is 0-0 against Sagarin top 64.   Chatard is 7-0.   Knox may think they'll dictate things and that "Chatard hasn't seen anyone like us" yet.   But they have.   Unless Knox thinks they're better than Cathedral, Cincinnati Elder, etc.  Knox is used to playing with a lead against weaker teams.   Little different this week.   Game won't be close.

Knox has literally played nobody.  They are 0-0 against Sagarin top 64.  Chatard is #13 and 7-0 against that list.

Gotcha, I forgot that the sagarin has never been wrong and the projected winner always wins!  Honestly, we should probably just save everyone the risk of injury and anoint Chatard champs now.  
I don’t think that Knox thinks that at all.  I think that every team left should think they can win and if they don’t, they don’t belong here anyway. 

Chatards schedule is impressive and it is obviously why they are favored but I wouldnt instantly dismiss a team because their schedule, which they have no control over, is “weak”. 
If Chatard had the exact same team they have now but were from Royal Center you would still be praising whomever they were playing and have no idea because of their weak schedule.

You can only control whats in front and when it boils down, its two teams and the one that executes will win regardless of what their weak schedule or sagarin says.