Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2023 Season

On 11/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, US31 said:

Seems to be the same thing that has happened in South Bend, then Elkhart, now Goshen.  Correctly or incorrectly, it’s no longer seen as a desirable place to be for many.  So, those than can, move “out” to adjacent districts.

What districts have benefited from the population shift?  If someone is a "loser"  then their has to be a "winner" right? 

42 minutes ago, Wedgebuster said:

What districts have benefited from the population shift?  If someone is a "loser"  then their has to be a "winner" right? 

Quite a few old Elkhart/Goshen families are currently living in Northridge, Northwood, & Fairfield districts. I'm sure some of the other adjacent districts to Elkhart/SB have also seen some of those movers.

Further, there is a HUGE amount of old NLC familites living in the north burbs of Indy.  There are lot NLC offspring on HCC/HamCo rosters down here.

Edited by US31
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Coach Lou said:

I looked and Goshen's enrollment has actually increased to the point they are getting close to 6A.

I know Fairfield has also seen an increase as well.

Goshen has a bulge from 6th thru 10th....everything younger than that is dropping.

See my other post, a lot of Goshen families moving to FF

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 9:49 AM, Coach Lou said:

I really thought Goshen was lucky to get Tom and with his history of turning a program into a winner like he did at Northridge was just what Goshen needed.

Does this have anything to do with the new A.D. who wasn't the one who hired Tom?

Goshen HFC job now open.

image.thumb.png.db397cb5c8c9c0a3acafb3d217522eb8.png

20 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

I heard there are a few players living in the Goshen District but attending either Northwood or Northridge.

We have some of that in Elkhart with kids going to Concord and Northridge

Yes,  I would say a good chunk of kids attend Fairfield, Northridge, Northwood or Concord.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:27 AM, Coach Lou said:

What are the biggest issues facing whoever Elkhart and Goshen select as their new head football coaches?

Go back to my previous posts.  Especially on page 3(?) about coaching hires.  No one should be shocked it didn't work out for Coach W (this is NOT a reflection on someone who is by all accounts a very effective HC).  Nor should anyone be suprised that a coach who, now having seen it from the inside, decides he doesn't have the support needed to right the ship and determines he'd rather step aside than continue pretending things can get better.

Support for a program means helping the coach get the coaches he needs on staff AND in the building.  The rest is frosting....coaching hires is the minimum.  I doubt that's happening at Goshen or Elkhart.

Good luck to the Panthers this weekend.

I still think it should be my boys from Middlebury representing the North after all that went down the day before our 2nd matchup, but trying to put those feelings aside and realize that the majority of the team likely had nothing to do with the shady tactics that were used. 

Aside from a few "personalities" on Northwood, I know there are some great kids/families/coaches involved with Panther football. 

That being said, I'll be shocked if anyone in 4A or 5A could keep it close for more than a quarter or 2 with East Central this year.

Go represent the NLC and prove me wrong.

If I didn't have family commitments already, I'd be going back to cheer on our only local team playing this weekend like I did the last time they made it. 

On 11/20/2023 at 11:27 AM, Coach Lou said:

What are the biggest issues facing whoever Elkhart and Goshen select as their new head football coaches?

Goshen needs a coach that can attract multi sport athletes and keep them. MUST be able to work with other head coaches and get them to work with him. Seems there's a BIG problem with kids specializing and coaches fighting over athletes. 

Some thoughts on the NLC next year.  I think next year we will see completely different teams in the NLC next year outside of Warsaw.  NorthWood / Mishawaka / Northridge will be losing a lot of their star players.  Mishawaka is going to be dealing with a lot of young guys on the line as well as a new quarterback to run that offense.  NorthWood is losing...to be frank...everyone...all of their skill players outside of their running back is graduating.  Most of their line is graduating...their DB's are graduating. I don't know what to expect from NW next year and they will look completely different.  Northridge has a quarterback with some playing time coming back and a sold running back coming back, however, they too are losing a lot.  Goshen..who knows what is happening with that program.  Wawasee...i don't know a lot about their program, however, they made improvements this past year.  Plymouth will be the most improved in my opinion.  They were a young team and the guys coming up had more success in their younger years.  Concord will be much better next year and will compete for the title next year.  Warsaw...they will hands down be the best team in the NLC...they were young this year, and were the cream of the crop.  I would even go as far in saying I believe they will make noise in the tournament next year.

My way too early guess for next year:

Warsaw

Concord

Northridge

Mishawaka

NorthWood

Plymouth

Wawasee

Goshen

5 hours ago, 00NWP said:

Some thoughts on the NLC next year.  I think next year we will see completely different teams in the NLC next year outside of Warsaw.  NorthWood / Mishawaka / Northridge will be losing a lot of their star players.  Mishawaka is going to be dealing with a lot of young guys on the line as well as a new quarterback to run that offense.  NorthWood is losing...to be frank...everyone...all of their skill players outside of their running back is graduating.  Most of their line is graduating...their DB's are graduating. I don't know what to expect from NW next year and they will look completely different.  Northridge has a quarterback with some playing time coming back and a sold running back coming back, however, they too are losing a lot.  Goshen..who knows what is happening with that program.  Wawasee...i don't know a lot about their program, however, they made improvements this past year.  Plymouth will be the most improved in my opinion.  They were a young team and the guys coming up had more success in their younger years.  Concord will be much better next year and will compete for the title next year.  Warsaw...they will hands down be the best team in the NLC...they were young this year, and were the cream of the crop.  I would even go as far in saying I believe they will make noise in the tournament next year.

My way too early guess for next year:

Warsaw

Concord

Northridge

Mishawaka

NorthWood

Plymouth

Wawasee

Goshen

We had a strong senior group of skill position that we will miss but we have majority of our line and have a solid group of younger skill guys that will compete coming back.  Also, we installed a new offense and defense last year and as we grow into it we will only get better.  We were forced to play a lot of younger guys this season and get them valuable playing time which should only help us this coming year.

I only saw them play once against Concord who beat them badly, but I heard the 2nd half of the season Wawasee was much improved and even beat a 8-1 South Bend Riley team along with playing Warsaw and Northridge to 1 score losses.

Have heard the future is bright for football in Syracuse.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, Coach Lou said:

I heard the 2nd half of the season Wawasee was much improved and even beat a 8-1 South Bend Riley team along with playing Warsaw and Northridge to 1 score losses.

I promise I'm not trying to completely discredit the Warriors here... but the Tigers played their worst game of the season that week, the majoirity of which was self-inflicted. Yes, one could argue Wawasee made some of an impact on that, but truly much of that game was Warsaw playing just downright awful, and not necessarily anything that Wawasee was doing over impressively.

6 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I promise I'm not trying to completely discredit the Warriors here... but the Tigers played their worst game of the season that week, the majoirity of which was self-inflicted. Yes, one could argue Wawasee made some of an impact on that, but truly much of that game was Warsaw playing just downright awful, and not necessarily anything that Wawasee was doing over impressively.

I truly hope that the Wawasee Warriors are back on point, as I have them a few times in the ensuing seasons.

I am not sure what "fans" think about the schedules that officials try to craft....But the excitement that yawl have, is the same as we have for Friday nights!   

The Tigers are formidable, and I am sure that JUST LIKE US ... no one is prefect.  Every game has its' ebbs and flows.