Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Westfield vs cp

The only reason the IHSAA does it this way is for the money. It has to be because they have predetermined locations in many of the other sports. So why not football?

A suggestion: Change it to Neutral sites for one 2 year cycle similar to classification changes, track the revenue, cost and attendance vs current set up. Then determine path forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Westfield should be favored, but with the game being at Crown Point it could have an effect.  HSE went to Carroll as favorites last year and got knocked off, so the bus ride and travel distance could even it up.

Did Crown Point extend the field to 180 ft sideline to sideline and 360 ft goal line to goal line instead of 160 ft and 300 ft?

2 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

The only reason the IHSAA does it this way is for the money. It has to be because they have predetermined locations in many of the other sports. So why not football?

A suggestion: Change it to Neutral sites for one 2 year cycle similar to classification changes, track the revenue, cost and attendance vs current set up. Then determine path forward.

Love this

also,  GO BULLDOGS 

On 11/12/2023 at 11:58 AM, AllGutsNoGlory said:

They have one of the top Jr receivers in the State and they try to get him the ball often, but have been relaying on the running game lately. 

Westfield lost their best WR Gabe A. a couple weeks ago to a knee injury.

Personally, I would like the IHSAA to make this change to Semistate weekend-- play 6 games Friday & 6 games Saturday instead of all 12 games kicking off at the same time. This year, you could play 1A, 3A, 5A Friday (State Finals are played the following Friday) & 2A, 4A, 6A Saturday (State Finals are played the following Saturday)-- so nobody has a shortened week of practice.

Pros: You might sell more tickets because big-time fans could attend 2 games in person. You might sell more all-12 PPV packages because stay-at-home fans could follow twice as many games live. You already do this to a certain extent in other sports with staggered Semistate gametimes in basketball, baseball, etc.

Cons: Saturday conflict with college games.

If anyone thinks this is a slam dunk, they are way overconfident and underestimating CP. CP offensively can score against anyone. They are balanced and have a qb that can make plays. Defensively, as I and others have mentioned, the pass defense is horrendous and has been for the last three seasons. The front 7 are strong against the run. Weather should be cold but dry thus not impacting both teams passing attacks. I believe Westfield driving 2-2.5 hrs will have an impact on their performance.

This should be a close game. 

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

This doesn't strike me as a slam dunk. We've seen many times over the years a good north team come down and slug a Central Indiana team in the mouth. I think that happens for a while in this one. Westfield pulls away in the 4th. Final 28-14 Rocks.

“Many times?”  Since when?

Surely you have examples.

6 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

If anyone thinks this is a slam dunk, they are way overconfident and underestimating CP. CP offensively can score against anyone. They are balanced and have a qb that can make plays. Defensively, as I and others have mentioned, the pass defense is horrendous and has been for the last three seasons. The front 7 are strong against the run. Weather should be cold but dry thus not impacting both teams passing attacks. I believe Westfield driving 2-2.5 hrs will have an impact on their performance.

Driving? Haven't you heard, were coming up on the Colt's team jet :)  Seriously, Westfield recently knocked both Merriville and FW Carroll around with those being long drives. Like others have said, I don't believe the long ride, as the players aren't driving, won't make that much if any difference.

14 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

Easy there tiger just in 6A alone there are 2 pretty solid defense's that Crown Point hasn't played the likes of (Ben Davis and Center Grove). That is not including the lower classes East Central (also a very good defense) and Chatard (very good defense). The Bulldogs have a balanced offense but the they didn't light the scoreboard up against Valpo's defense.

It will be a good game and Crown Point will keep it respectable as this will not be a blowout. I've said I think Westfield will win in a 28-14 or 35-20 game. I feel the game won't be in doubt but it won't be a blow out. I think Westfield will hit some big plays to extend the lead and the rest of the game will likely be some back and forth battling. Regardless the winner of this game will have their hands full and then some against the winner of the Center Grove at Ben Davis game.

Edited by FastpacedO

1 minute ago, BDGiant93 said:

many was the wrong word...but Penn a few times. Carroll last year...Snider a few times

Penn has ONE win on the road in the tournament against a central Indy team in the last 15 years.

HSE traveled to Carroll last year...

Snider won AT Westfield in 2014...can't find any other examples...

What are you even talking about?

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Penn has ONE win on the road in the tournament against a central Indy team in the last 15 years.

HSE traveled to Carroll last year...

Snider won AT Westfield in 2014...can't find any other examples...

What are you even talking about?

I'm not arguing with you. I bow to your infinite wisdom and knowledge, Mr. Cathedral.

3 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I'm not arguing with you. I bow to your infinite wisdom and knowledge, Mr. Cathedral.

I was imprecise in my language. You are correct on the locations of the games. "Many" and "Down" were the wrong words. I should have said, "We've seen a few teams from the North punch Central Indiana teams in the mouth."

Thank you for calling me out on my heinous crimes and misdemeanors. I will throw a french fry out the window in penalty.

29 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I was imprecise in my language. You are correct on the locations of the games. "Many" and "Down" were the wrong words. I should have said, "We've seen a few teams from the North punch Central Indiana teams in the mouth."

Thank you for calling me out on my heinous crimes and misdemeanors. I will throw a french fry out the window in penalty.

Accuracy matters.  

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hope many the ROCKS fans can get into town early enough to enjoy the wonderful Downtown restaurant scene!! 

My personal favorites:  

Square Roots 

Lecrezia's 

Tavern on Main (21 and over) 

Many Great Pizza Places 

Fareinheidt 212 

Coach is correct. So many good places on the Square and close to high school. Westfield fans should really try to take advantage. CP has really blossomed as a community in the last 5-7 years.

Safe Travels to All!!

On 11/14/2023 at 9:16 AM, RegionFBFan said:

I think it would make sense to put the Semistate at neutral sites or at least come up with more equitable ways to determine who has home field, but I feel like we continue to argue and post about this here every year.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 6:47 AM, FastpacedO said:

Westfield is pretty balanced they have rushed for 1,583 yards 23 TD's. Their Jr. RB has 1,099 yards 9 TD's and QB can run if needed also has 9 TD's rushing. Passing the QB is a Sr and Head Coaches son, he has thrown for 2,039 yds. 20 TD's 7 Int's completing 64% of his passes. They have 221 attempted passes and have ran the ball 385 times pretty balanced. Their Defense is well tested having played: New Palestine, Lawrence Central, Brownsburg, Fishers, Carmel (mediocre this year), and HSE 2 times. They also did okay against Noblesville 2 times (running the offense Laporte ran with Dave Sharp), but Crown Point does not run that type of offense.

I think Westfield will win this game with a 28-14 or 35-20 type of game. 

When I am wrong I will admit it and eat my crow! Congrats to the Crown Point Bulldogs! They looked very solid!

As a prize they get to play Ben Davis in the State Championship. We shall see if they have anything for the Giants.

On 11/14/2023 at 9:08 AM, RegionFBFan said:

How about equal competition for both teams vs a built in advantage for one team. It’s shouldn’t always be about the money. This is my #1 complaint about the tournament. Neutral sites with turf should be in place for Regionals and Semi State games. Other States have figured it out.

How does the IHSAA predict the eventual matchup in advance so sites can be ready?  Which schools are prepared to re-mobilize their de-winterized press boxes and rest rooms, recall staff and volunteers?  Which schools, on a Monday's notice would be able to re-stock the concession stands.  Finally, which schools who have a girls basketball game scheduled are prepared to cancel that game to re-assign ticket takers, parking attendants and staff?   It's much easier to suggest this than implement it, isn't it?