Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semi-State Scores

Decatur Central 24 Bloomington South 6 (7:54, 4th)

DC probably put this game out of reach with another time consuming drive and a back breaking TD. With DC defense shutting down South's offense in the 2nd half, they have been picking up chunk run after chunk run with the Panthers defense looking gassed after spending much of the half out on the field. DC defense has been the big difference in this game. 

Decatur Central 24 Bloomington South 12 (4:38, 4th)

South scored on a drive with the two-point conversion attempt no good. Down two scores with the time left, it doesn't look good for the Panthers. On-side kick by South didn't work also after the score.

Edited by ptr

Decatur Central 24 Bloomington South 12 (final)

Congrats to the Hawks. They were certainly the better team tonight and if I had to give out an MVP award, I would give it to the DC defense that simply kept the South offense on the sideline for much of the 2nd half, which led to South's defense getting gassed and giving up chunk run after chunk run in the 2nd half. DC's run total was huge on the game especially in the 2nd half. I believe I saw that DC had 408 yards rushing on the game, and I would have never thought they could do that against the South defense, but like I said, South's offense spent way too much time standing on the sideline. 

Edited by ptr