Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC/MIC Week #14

2 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

He can't leave the Tool room for an extended time, he might miss something that would make him go 7-10, God forbid. He loves to tell everyone how good he is at predicting High School football games. All the info he uses is right on the web, but most people don't have a special room for TOOLS like he does. Most people have a real job and a life, so spending hours researching Sagarin, Harrell, etc is not an option. Temp is the kid who rode the pine on his high school Tennis, Soccer and Cross-Country teams, who somehow morphed into Indiana's Mr. Football. 

I've never heard this term "rode the pine" what is it

it sounds sexual

albeit painful

Edited by Rodney

3 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

He can't leave the Tool room for an extended time, he might miss something that would make him go 7-10, God forbid. He loves to tell everyone how good he is at predicting High School football games. All the info he uses is right on the web, but most people don't have a special room for TOOLS like he does. Most people have a real job and a life, so spending hours researching Sagarin, Harrell, etc is not an option. Temp is the kid who rode the pine on his high school Tennis, Soccer and Cross-Country teams, who somehow morphed into Indiana's Mr. Football. 

Do you still show people your high school letter jacket and tell stories from your glory days?

• Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Ask Will Hunting (Aka Temp The Tool Boy). He's probably still pulling splinters out of his backside . 

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I just don't see the appeal

Course we are talking about soccer and tennis players so I suppose...

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Let me first apologize to those reading this thread as well as anyone not named @Bash Riprock associated with the CG program as it’s taking a turn sideways.  Some folks view things as black and white and it is a character flaw they just cannot overcome.  Those who have followed my posts on this forum since I joined know that I have the utmost respect for Eric Moore and the CG program and it is well documented if you care to look it up.  The following data is not a dismissal of any of their accomplishments nor an attempt to throw shade at the Trojans, rather a factual summary of the claim made that caused outrage and sent one forum member to the emergency room with a coronary…again.  The Temp has a dedication to accuracy.

The Temp claimed that CG’s sectional dominance was impressive but had the NERVE to not bow down and claim it was the most fascinating or impressive streak known to mankind which triggered another forum member.

Since 2008, (omitting 2009 where CG was defeated in the sectional round), the Trojans won their 33 sectional contests by an average score of 42-10 (32 points).  That’s MORE than a 4 TD margin of victory for you math majors scoring at home.

They defeated 10 different opponents in this time frame and only TWO (Franklin whom they played once (21 point margin of victory) and Franklin Central (23.7 point margin of victory) were able to keep the margin under four TDs.

In fact, of the 33 contests played, an overwhelming 22 of them (67%) were won by 28 or more points.

So, how good were these stalwarts the Trojans were defeating regularly you ask?  Heading into the contests against CG, their sectional opponents were an average of 6-4 with Bartholomew County schools Columbus East and Columbus North accounting for 11 of the 21 contests actually played against a team with a winning record at the time of kickoff.  

Of course I took advantage of this fabulous Harrell website you referenced (kudos to John) and factored in the strength of schedule of East and North and it falls in the mid 60s over this time period, thus inflating the record of those two schools as they were defeating schools from the mighty Hoosier Hills conference and Conference Indiana.

A summary of the data collected can be found below and certainly some sort of defensive rebuttal will be made in an attempt to discredit the numbers staring folks directly in the face.

For what it’s worth, I also do not believe Penn winning the NIC in football nor Gonzaga winning the WCC annually in men’s basketball is the greatest accomplishment known to mankind as when you have better players, better coaching, better facilities, etc you should expect to defeat lesser teams.

I’d finally like to apologize to Eric Moore as I guess my years of touting your accomplishments and anointing you as one of the four best coaches in Indiana high school history just simply isn’t good enough for some.  Any statement made to the contrary (Carson Steele’s lack of track speed, Russ Yeast beating Steele in a foot race or CG’s population exploding in the 90s) simply proves that I hate the Trojans and do not bow at the throne as I should.  

CG is the greatest football program worldwide and I am deeply sorry that I insinuated otherwise.  I hope we can move past my transgressions and I can truly be forgiven by the message board gods who hang on my every word.

IMG_0921.png

IMG_0920.png

Sure they had some easy victories in sectionals.  You don't think schools like WC, BD, Carmel and others didn't have them as well?  But there were some very tough games in those sectionals over those same years and a couple of sectionals that CG did not win.  You can print all the picked stats you wish.  I was in those stands over the periods and saw some tough sectional games, including a couple of heartbreakers.    

For any program to be built since Coach Moore arrived and to SUSTAIN that type of performance says something.  You can discredit all the opponents they've played all you wish.  Just speaks to your character.

You need a life dude....way too much time on your hands and give over the "kid always pick last syndrome".  Move on.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Sure they had some easy victories in sectionals.  You don't think schools like WC, BD, Carmel and others didn't have them as well?  But there were some very tough games in those sectionals over those same years and a couple of sectionals that CG did not win.  You can print all the picked stats you wish.  I was in those stands over the periods and saw some tough sectional games, including a couple of heartbreakers.    

For any program to be built since Coach Moore arrived and to SUSTAIN that type of performance says something.  You can discredit all the opponents they've played all you wish.  Just speaks to your character.

You need a life dude....way too much time on your hands and give over the "kid always pick last syndrome".  Move on.

Ah, the classic "the final score was not indicative of how close this game actually was" defense...so predicable.  

Once again, not discrediting anything, simply providing context to my stance on a statement with supporting data.  So many on this forum (and in life in general) act and say things based on emotions rather than facts.  We get it...you LOVE Center Grove and will defend them in ANY instance where someone insinuates they don't walk on water.  

Also, pretty rich from a guy who follows me around this message board at all hours of the day cherry picking things to get offended by claiming I need to "get a life."  Come on.  

Can't get picked last when you are the one doing the picking...😜

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Ah, the classic "the final score was not indicative of how close this game actually was" defense...so predicable.  

Once again, not discrediting anything, simply providing context to my stance on a statement with supporting data.  So many on this forum (and in life in general) act and say things based on emotions rather than facts.  We get it...you LOVE Center Grove and will defend them in ANY instance where someone insinuates they don't walk on water.  

Also, pretty rich from a guy who follows me around this message board at all hours of the day cherry picking things to get offended by claiming I need to "get a life."  Come on.  

Can't get picked last when you are the one doing the picking...😜

you certainly don't like to be challenged do you.  You hate it that there on a few on this forum that gets fed up with your constant "know it all attitude" 

You weren't in the stands all those years.  So you don't know.  You have no idea how hard that coaching staff and those kids worked to SUSTAIN an incredible level of performance.  You were NOT there in the stands during the 5A years to see the type of teams like Columbus East, Columbus North, Bloomington South, Franklin Central, etc. brought in with outstanding coaches.  Most people that have competed on an athletic field think twice before diminishing a team's long period of success and even worse, diminish and insult the programs said team competed against.  Most that compete learn to respect their opponents.  But you are an "expert" because you can look at scores and drawn steadfast conclusions.  You've invested nothing, sit a million miles away, and diminish accomplishments that other posters on this forum acknowledge, because at the end of the day, you simply can't stop your fingers from pecking away.  As JMV would say, "pure jacka$$ery".

And yes, any adult that diminishes what kids accomplish and programs they compete against absolutely does need to "get a life".  

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

you certainly don't like to be challenged do you.  You hate it that there on a few on this forum that gets fed up with your constant "know it all attitude" 

You weren't in the stands all those years.  So you don't know.  You have no idea how hard that coaching staff and those kids worked to SUSTAIN an incredible level of performance.  You were NOT there in the stands during the 5A years to see the type of teams like Columbus East, Columbus North, Bloomington South, Franklin Central, etc. brought in with outstanding coaches.  Most people that have competed on an athletic field think twice before diminishing a team's long period of success and even worse, diminish and insult the programs said team competed against.  Most that compete learn to respect their opponents.  But you are an "expert" because you can look at scores and drawn steadfast conclusions.  You've invested nothing, sit a million miles away, and diminish accomplishments that other posters on this forum acknowledge, because at the end of the day, you simply can't stop your fingers from pecking away.  As JMV would say, "pure jacka$$ery".

And yes, any adult that diminishes what kids accomplish and programs they compete against absolutely does need to "get a life".  

Can you also roll over and give me paw?  You have sit and lay down mastered...

8 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Very well said Bash . And this "Adult" says he's a teacher, that is absolutely frightening to me . The very thought of this Tool around children should be a crime . And we wonder what's happening to society , I think we have our answer . 

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Very well said Bash . And this "Adult" says he's a teacher, that is absolutely frightening to me . The very thought of this Tool around children should be a crime . And we wonder what's happening to society , I think we have our answer . 

A teacher who has gained highly effective evaluations from his superiors for nearly two decades and has impacted more children than you could even count.

Actually recently obtained my officiants licenses and performed a wedding ceremony for two of my former athletes and was asked to be the godfather of their expectant child.

What’d you do today?  Have a photo of your wife also?

5 hours ago, temptation said:

A teacher who has gained highly effective evaluations from his superiors for nearly two decades and has impacted more children than you could even count.

Actually recently obtained my officiants licenses and performed a wedding ceremony for two of my former athletes and was asked to be the godfather of their expectant child.

What’d you do today?  Have a photo of your wife also?

Once again, has to Gloat about made up accomplishments, Look how good I am. If you’re good at anything in life, whether work or personal, people will notice. Temp gets some sort of weird satisfaction for telling everyone. 

4 hours ago, Rodney said:

So because someone posts his opinions on a message board

supports them with facts,

and when people disagree with him he asks them to back up their claims with facts as well.

he shouldn't be a teacher?

Rodney, most teachers I know don’t come on a public forum and bash several schools football programs for not being up to the standards of their Circle City counterparts. This is one reason, I could literally type for hours listing others, but he’s not worth that much time. 

13 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Once again, has to Gloat about made up accomplishments, Look how good I am. If you’re good at anything in life, whether work or personal, people will notice. Temp gets some sort of weird satisfaction for telling everyone. 

“Made up accomplishments” lol.

When you back an animal into a corner you can’t act surprised when it bites…

I come here to talk football…you come here in an attempt to assassinate my character because I’m often not “nice” when I dispute people’s claims.

Its ok.  I  have another leash.

4 hours ago, temptation said:

“Made up accomplishments” lol.

When you back an animal into a corner you can’t act surprised when it bites…

I come here to talk football…you come here in an attempt to assassinate my character because I’m often not “nice” when I dispute people’s claims.

Its ok.  I  have another leash.

Animal??? LOL . Temp , you actually have to have character for someone to try and assassinate it . Bashing high school football programs that are played by student athletes , the very students that you supposedly teach , is really showing character . Now back to the topic at hand . 

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

12 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Anyone can be whatever they want to be on an anonymous internet message board. The best thing you can do and what most others on the Forum do is just 1. ignore it, laugh about him in private and let him talk to himself. 2. Block him and eventually you won't even be tempted to look at his drivel. Or third and foremost, just continue to be one of the bozos who give him the attention he craves.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Animal??? LOL . Temp , you actually have to have character for someone to try and assassinate it . Bashing high school football programs that are played by student athletes , the very students that you supposedly teach , is really showing character . Now back to the topic at hand . 

Am I bashing high school programs or am I propping the teams that beat them up?

Stop with the faux outrage.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Anyone can be whatever they want to be on an anonymous internet message board. The best thing you can do and what most others on the Forum do is just 1. ignore it, laugh about him in private and let him talk to himself. 2. Block him and eventually you won't even be tempted to look at his drivel. Or third and foremost, just continue to be one of the bozos who give him the attention he craves.

Like him or not, blocking him would be blocking a large chunk of topics on this forum. Like DT, he's able to spark conversations and debates. 

• Haha 1