Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A State Championship: Northwood vs East Central

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

People acting like EC is a bad team because they run the football between the tackles and wear the opponent down.

They executed their plan, and Northwood defended it well for 1.5 quarters, a great showing, better than I thought they would do.

But by halftime ec wore them down defensively

Agree. Northwood put up a nice fight. 

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

Where the hell are @BTF and @temptation

Both of them are in line to potentially win free beers and they are nowhere to be found

Went to Kilroy's after the Luers game. I didn't see anyone who looked like a truck driver with his belly hanging out of his tee shirt..........and the bar was packed. Had my beer at the District Tap.

Not sure why Northwood was giving away field position in the 2nd quarter. No need for an onside kick tied 7-7. That led to a short field touchdown to fall down 14-7. Then going for it on 4th and 5 from their own 45. Again, short field touchdown, 21-7. That was the turning point in the game. The better team won of course, but I think the game could have been closer. Passing game was looking solid early on. 

22 minutes ago, BTF said:

Not sure why Northwood was giving away field position in the 2nd quarter. No need for an onside kick tied 7-7. That led to a short field touchdown to fall down 14-7. Then going for it on 4th and 5 from their own 45. Again, short field touchdown, 21-7. That was the turning point in the game. The better team won of course, but I think the game could have been closer. Passing game was looking solid early on. 

I dont want to point at coaches to much because just getting to state in huge Itself. But quote me here.

This score was not indicative of the game. Northwood played one hell of a game and represented the north better than anyone has in awhile in 4a. Imo they elevated every school north of carmel

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

This is what I was saying at the time. The defense was doing decent early and to try an onside kick against a fundamentally sound team like EC is just not the play. They were not caught off guard at all. I’m guessing if you asked Coach Andrews he’d say they were playing to win and felt like they had to be ahead at half. That said it should’ve absolutely been 14-7 at worst at half. Over time then EC wore out Northwood and are to be commended for . Congratulations to both teams, you represented the public schools well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I dont want to point at coaches to much because just getting to state in huge Itself. But quote me here.

This score was not indicative of the game. Northwood played one hell of a game and represented the north better than anyone has in awhile in 4a. Imo they elevated every school north of carmel

Who are you and what have you done with the real Rodney 

14 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Really giving pats on the back that a team from 4A North ONLY got blown out by 28 points this year at state? 

Is that how low our expectations are? 

EC is an excellent football team and they wore Northwood down late, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that didn't expect that exact outcome. Northwood defended well and they played above my expectations, of which I made clear by week two of the season,

unfortunately they fell behind, and EC is not a team that you want to be behind against.

notice what happened to the clock everytime they touched the ball

is 4a north still way behind 4a south? yes, without a doubt.

Was this a promising look for the future of 4a North football? absolutely.

When a team comes out and plays strong I am always going to recognize that. 

Especially if I previously doubted that they could.

What I'm saying is EC handled them well as we all expected,

however they showed more promise than I personally expected from them

. I thought up through most of the third quarter I was going to lose my bet

@temptation you owe me two beers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

EC is an excellent football team and they wore Northwood down late, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that didn't expect that exact outcome. Northwood defended well and they played above my expectations, of which I made clear by week two of the season,

unfortunately they fell behind, and EC is not a team that you want to be behind against.

I’ll agree, NorthWood played EC a lot tougher than I thought they could. 

Not sure if that means anything for 4A North actually being competitive in the future. NorthWood had 2 P5 guys on the outside, don’t think that can be overstated. 

Maybe if Dwenger gets back to form. 

On 11/21/2023 at 9:04 AM, 00NWP said:

So I have not seen East Central play this year, but I went and found highlights that were available.  It appeared that EC runs the ball...a lot.  Is that because they are just beating teams and are killing clock, or are they a passing threat as well?  I ask because if you look at NW...they have had success packing the box to stop the run...ie Mishawaka / New Prairie / Leo and letting the DB's do their jobs.  If they are a "run" team will they adjust to passing?  I ask because some teams die on that hill.  I remember in the 05-06 State game with NW and Chatard...Chatard refused to pass the ball.  I know people always bring up that NW team as...the worst team to win State...but those that followed NW that year knew they could not defend a pass...however...were very good at stopping the run.  Everyone they faced in the playoffs were run heavy offenses.  If that is the case with EC...I like NW's odds of slowing that run game down.

34 carries 251yds 3td

Facing Josh Ringer is different 

3 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

Some like to use "city speed" a lot, so does EC have rural speed? Country physicality? Hillbilly strength? Just asking.

They remind me of Center Grove. Nothing flashy. Just good sound football. They beat you with discipline and fundamentals.

2 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Any idea what position Miami, OH is planning on playing Ringer at when he gets to the next level of football. I have heard LB but that seems foolish after watching him carry the ball. 

I have heard the same on likely playing LB. I do wonder if they will have 2nd thoughts and put some plays in for him at RB

2 hours ago, Trojan12 said:

I have heard the same on likely playing LB. I do wonder if they will have 2nd thoughts and put some plays in for him at RB

Not LB heard they are consider him for Safety spot and Western Michigan wants Brotherton to be a TE that’s scary if he puts on the pounds and keeps his speed already has the hands and blocks pretty well 

55 minutes ago, Ribbed85 said:

Not LB heard they are consider him for Safety spot and Western Michigan wants Brotherton to be a TE that’s scary if he puts on the pounds and keeps his speed already has the hands and blocks pretty well 

They have a safety from Pittsburgh, PA who is early enrolling in Dec. Can’t imagine they would have two at that position in a class. Worth watching, though. 

5 hours ago, Just a dad said:

They have a safety from Pittsburgh, PA who is early enrolling in Dec. Can’t imagine they would have two at that position in a class. Worth watching, though. 

Hey I could be wrong it might be LB they see him at! Don’t understand why wouldn’t try him at RB kid catches the ball like a WR so he could be a duel threat 

On 11/25/2023 at 10:55 PM, PantherPride said:

This is what I was saying at the time. The defense was doing decent early and to try an onside kick against a fundamentally sound team like EC is just not the play. They were not caught off guard at all. I’m guessing if you asked Coach Andrews he’d say they were playing to win and felt like they had to be ahead at half. That said it should’ve absolutely been 14-7 at worst at half. Over time then EC wore out Northwood and are to be commended for . Congratulations to both teams, you represented the public schools well. 

From East Central's stand point I don't think going in down at halftime would have an effect on them. No matter the high's or low's they had a veteran team that wouldn't have let it get to them. They would have came out and continued to pound and wear you out. It might have been a boost for Northwood but I think the Trojans would have still wore them out. EC could play the game in many forms with a lead or grinding it out. 

On 11/26/2023 at 12:17 AM, Trojan12 said:

34 carries 251yds 3td

Facing Josh Ringer is different 

Your Trojans were fun to watch all year. Ringer, Brotherton, and Maxwell could break a long run at anytime. What really is fun to watch is a game like this one. Where Ringer gets 4 or 5 yards a pop breaks a couple decent ones, he is comfortable just grinding out drives. Then you look at the stats at the end of the game and he is over the 200 yard mark. Congrats to the Trojans!

On 11/26/2023 at 1:26 AM, vicvinegar said:

Some like to use "city speed" a lot, so does EC have rural speed? Country physicality? Hillbilly strength? Just asking.

East Central has been a hot bed for Running Backs for a LONG time. Josh Martini and Josh Ringer have been 2 of the best to come out of there. They always have terrific RB's and a hard nosed O-line. They have some positions to fill but the cupboard isn't totally bare McCool and Minges will put their best foot forward.

On 11/25/2023 at 11:50 PM, Rodney said:

I’ll be down on Georgia Street all day Saturday…you call it my man.