Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Imo it does mean a thing if a team collects a ring..problem is with 6a now being the heavyweight division teams of today don't have to slug it out with the 2500+ as prior teams once did which may dilute their status...being a homer..if they were 4a instead of 5a we would have thought title title title..same applied here until sum humble pie was served..glad these kids get to experience deep runs yet to win a state title still takes sum luck plus all the other intangibles..some players thought they were better than their dads on the 04 team..smh..

With you on this, rings do matter. Don’t care that the Stiebling led team in 2015 was 5A champions, I will always believe the best 2 teams in the state that year were Snider and New Palestine, best game I have ever watched at the high school level

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

With you on this, rings do matter. Don’t care that the Stiebling led team in 2015 was 5A champions, I will always believe the best 2 teams in the state that year were Snider and New Palestine, best game I have ever watched at the high school level

Loss to 4a champ dwenger that year..11 D1 recruits..rodney dangerfield anyone?? 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

In 1981, Snider lost to Carmel 27-0 in the state championship. That was a surprise to many after Snider utterly destroyed Hobart at semi-state. If memory serves me correctly, the state championship was a bad weather game. It didn't seem to affect Carmel though. I don't remember any of the details. I was too young. 

Vaughn Dunbar was 1986. It took Carmel a miracle to win that game, even with Snider's starting quarterback injured on the sidelines. With a healthy QB, Snider was far and away the best team in the state. 

I was at the 1981 game. It was outside at North Central I believe. Don't recall bad weather, other than being cold. 

44 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I was at the 1981 game. It was outside at North Central I believe. Don't recall bad weather, other than being cold. 

It was rainy and wet, it is one thing I do remember from many years ago as the bus ride ride home was extremely long being soaking wet and cold

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psaboy said:

Great interview with Coach Issacs. He talks about the 81 title game and a few others tough loses in his current career. Have to go to clip to find episode.

https://summitcitysports.com/archived-football-games/

Thanks for that link psaboy. Regardless of who your school is, that's a good one to watch, especially if you're a coach. My admiration for what Isaacs has done for high school athletics is off the charts. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Thanks for that link psaboy. Regardless of who your school is, that's a good one to watch, especially if you're a coach. My admiration for what Isaacs has done for high school athletics is off the charts. 

No problem, thought it was a great thing to share. Ike and Mike Haley built the Snider "Program" as a model to follow in my opinion. It's amazing I think that Snider has had only (5) head coaches in it's 50+ years of existence. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Munster first competed in varsity football in 1966. They are on their 3rd head football coach.

That's awesome stability. I hear on region forum they are looking for their 4th head coach now. 

Edited by psaboy

4 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Well they have shown me all year that I shouldn't doubt them yet I have..knew they had the talent coming in n they have made their way to LOS..its been 8 yrs so I hope they cherish this moment although I know Ike n tippy will assure them the job is not yet done..

Yep, only one team in each class wins their last game of the season!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

And to think I caught crap when I said an early season win with this group was not really a surprise 😄 Not you, but looked for a recent comment to connect with. 

One thing we knew for sure was that this Snider team was coming into this season with a chip on their shoulder. The end of 2022 was arguably the most devastating loss in Snider history. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

One thing we knew for sure was that this Snider team was coming into this season with a chip on their shoulder. The end of 2022 was arguably the most devastating loss in Snider history. 

Maybe?? The Valpo game hurt for sure. If they win that game, could have been (2) 5A titles in a row. I'm still thinking . The LaPorte semi was biggest lose in a semi, IMO

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Maybe?? The Valpo game hurt for sure. If they win that game, could have been (2) 5A titles in a row. I'm still thinking . The LaPorte semi was biggest lose in a semi, IMO

Yeah, but that game wasn't even close. I rank losing to Valpo last year right up there with losing to Penn in 1997 and Carmel in 1986. Three years Snider let the state championship slip through their fingers. 

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

Yeah, but that game wasn't even close. I rank losing to Valpo last year right up there with losing to Penn in 1997 and Carmel in 1986. Three years Snider let the state championship slip through their fingers. 

Agree 100%!!! Getting blown out is easier to take then losing games you absolutely should have won. Too many games to mention where that has happened.