Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2023

Irishman

Wondering about Chris Creighton at Eastern Michigan?  Before he took the program over, EMU was a doormat in the MAC. Being a former Wabash coach, he may have some ties to the Hoosier State.

Another possibility?? Curt Cignetti has built a super strong program at James Madison, moving them from FCS to FBS.

• Like 2

Just now, Bash Riprock said:

Wondering about Chris Creighton at Eastern Michigan?  Before he took the program over, EMU was a doormat in the MAC. Being a former Wabash coach, he may have some ties to the Hoosier State.

Another possibility?? Curt Cignetti has built a super strong program at James Madison, moving them from FCS to FBS.

IU is an upgrade?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Players entering the transfer portal dominating the headlines. It's absurd. Total fail for the NCAA to allow this to happen. Universities should now be able to eliminate a player on their own accord if said player doesn't perform up to expectations. Tit for tat. 

they can, most scholarships are for 1 year to 1 year.   Not common, and cannot happen until the academic school year is over

https://athleticollege.com/8-ways-a-coach-can-take-away-your-athletic-scholarship/

7) Not Performing Well

This has the same applications as the injury rule: a coach cannot cancel your scholarship during an established scholarship period due to “ a student-athlete’s athletic ability, performance or contribution to a team’s success.” Power 5 rules establish that a coach cannot consider that when it comes time to decide to renew a scholarship or not. So if you get a one-year athletic scholarship, work extremely hard, but still are not able to make the starting team, a coach from a Power 5 school cannot technically reduce or cancel your scholarship because of that. Once again, some coaches might be able to find a loophole and still take your money away from you. 

😎 New Coach – FOR ALL SCHOOLS

At the end of the day, a coach is the one responsible to make the final decision of how much (and if) an athlete will receive a scholarship. What happens sometimes is that Coach X will bring you in and promise you a certain amount of money for each year. Then, for some reason, that Coach is fired or resigns and Coach Y is hired. Coach Y might not see the same potential in you, not like your attitude, or just flat out be an a-hole. If he’s really committed to getting your scholarship taken away from you, he might be able to find a reason to do so. 

EDIT::  Sorry didn't realize @Footballking16 covered this already as I was catching up from previous pages

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

they can, most scholarships are for 1 year to 1 year.   Not common, and cannot happen until the academic school year is over

https://athleticollege.com/8-ways-a-coach-can-take-away-your-athletic-scholarship/

EDIT::  Sorry didn't realize @Footballking16 covered this already as I was catching up from previous pages

It's all good. I just got an education from the both of you. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Haha 1

If I am Tom Allen, I am on a beach in the Bahamas on a multi-week vacation with my family thinking this is the greatest thing that could have happened. $ and getting out of that horrible gig at IU. My agent already is informing suitors what does and does not motivate me for the next DC position I take. Heck, I am looking for a dream job that I can be all in on since I already have $.  

And as a DC, I think his spirit does translate to his guys if they know he is all in on them, just not when you are trying to beat the MAC cellar at home in overtime as the head coach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

-Jason Candle--Head Coach Toledo

-Paul Chryst--Current Texas analyst/former Wisconsin head coach

-Justin Frye--Ohio State run game coordinator/OL coach (IU alum)

-Mike Hart--RB coach Michigan

Take your pick, death is not an option. 

Announced that IU Donors just gave another 3 mil to the NIL fund for the next Football coach to work with, leads me to believe this could be a real interesting hire. I don't think the donors are shelling out 20 Mil to get rid of Allen followed by another 3 Mil to give to players for a MAC HC/ Or Unproven Coordinators. I think they have/have had  their guy for a while now just had to get the money squared away. 

I'm betting an announcement tomorrow afternoon , before all IU fans shift their focus back to basketball with the Big 10 opener at SSAH Friday vs Maryland. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Gruden 😅🤣😂

Tayven Jackson has been trolling IU fans by posting Gruden memes on Social Media pretty funny stuff!

From Gruden to Brad Stevens to Billy Donavan's Wife House shopping in Bloomington and all the ridiculous names that get floated in between IU coaching searches are at least entertaining !!! 🤣

21 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

There would be a bit of irony here in that Allen coached under Creighton for one season years ago when Creighton was at Wabash.  I believe Allen was the DBs Coach/ST Coordinator during the 2007 season.  Both great guys; I hate that it hasn't worked out for Tom, but would love to see CC get an opportunity at a P5 school.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

List getting smaller.

Chryst, Cignetti and Campbell rumored to be in the final group.

*Candle not Campbell (would be dope if it were Matt) but sounds like Cignetti may be imminent.

Honestly had never heard of him till this year and 62 seems like an odd reach, but have been watching different clips of him the last hour or so and his resume doesn’t lie. Probably the best outcome you could hope for as an IU fan.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

*Candle not Campbell (would be dope if it were Matt) but sounds like Cignetti may be imminent.

Honestly had never heard of him till this year and 62 seems like an odd reach, but have been watching different clips of him the last hour or so and his resume doesn’t lie. Probably the best outcome you could hope for as an IU fan.

Thanks for the correction, my bad.

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Yes, thanks. I was getting a migraine trying to figure out who Campbell was. 

1st question

What is his recruiting ties and where to do they take him? 

What ins does he have in the Midwest, I believe thats where IU/PU must work to lockdown first and foremost the greater 5 state area of Indiana.  

I don't know, thats why I ask, obviously great success, but those were established programs before he took over and took them to great successes, not discounting that, but big big step and he needs to have a great understanding on how to recruit to IU.   Just like Brohm did for PU resurrection.    Jury still out on Walters imo as far as recruiting prowess